Verified Expert in Engineering
IxD, UI, and Web Developer
Sebastian is an award-winning developer with a strong background in design. He invented an entirely new method for rendering volumetric data, delivered several augmented and virtual reality projects, and launched the world's first fully interactive planetarium learning platform. Sebastian is recognized for his ability to create products that hook customers, has launched to the App Store, and excels in projects where learning is made fun and effective.
Unity, Educational Games, Mobile, Infographics, Interaction Design (IxD)
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a platform for interactive planetarium shows called Kinetarium where participants crack codes and solve puzzles in real-time.
Designer and Developer
halbautomaten Kommunikationsdesign GmbH
- Developed and launched the world's first fully interactive planetarium show and games.
- Won several awards and grants for creative excellence and unique project ideas.
- Managed a team of three to develop apps and websites.
Designer and Developer
- Built real-time data visualizations for a large company's research facility.
- Created an entirely new way of rendering volumetric data.
- Developed and launched various augmented reality and virtual reality projects.
Integral Reality Labs, Inc
- Tested existing UI designs in terms of visual language consistency and UX.
- Realised several responsive mobile UI designs in Unity according to a design document.
- Implemented navigation functionality in C# in accordance to the MVC concept.
Teacher for Designing for Interactive Media
State Academy of Arts and Design Stuttgart
- Taught designing websites and created a portfolio page with the students.
- Introduced the students to web basics like servers, FTP tools, etc.
Founder | Designer | Developer
____ of code
- Developed applications to enable customers to generate their designs.
- Created real-time animations of large data sets and data streams.
- Created hundreds of one-of-a-kind print products by randomizing every single design.
Design Hoch Drei
- Helped design an exhibition for a large automotive company.
- Developed and visualized exhibit layouts and furniture.
- Worked with creative directors, architects, copywriters, engineers, and carpenters to create a great visitor experience.
Interactive Planetarium Showshttp://www.kinetarium.com
Customer: Carl-Zeiss Planetarium Stuttgart
Team: Developed with Halbautomaten in Stuttgart with a team of three people.
Technology: Unity, Mobile Web, Node.js
• Designed and developed a versatile website controller for participating in the shows.
• Installed a Node.js server for handling thousands of controller inputs per second.
• Developed a projection mapping system for any digital planetarium.
• Designed and developed multiplayer games for 3 to 300 people.
Awards and Grants:
• Silbersalz Award: Science and Media 2021
• Horsetooth International Film Festival Award: Best Full Dome 2021
• Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure: Games Funding Grant 2020
• Media and Film Society MFG Baden-Württemberg: Ideenstark Award 2019
• European Commission: Seal of Excellence 2019
• Media and Film Society MFG Baden-Württemberg: Digital Content Fund 2018
Poster Art Exhibition in ARhttps://intl.international/poster-world/
A camera mode lets users capture and share their individual poster setup.
Customer: INTL Poster Exhibition
Team: Collaboration with Nam Huynh (3D, Animation)
Technology: Unity, Blender, ARFoundation
• Rolled out an app for iOS and Android, smartphones, and tablets.
• Explore this year's International Poster Exhibition wherever you want.
• Freed the 160 posters from the white cube gallery space.
Geology App for iOShttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/insideearth/id1600729183
Inside Earth is the first in a series of Apps using a custom-developed real-time cross-section renderer. Traditionally, real-time rendering is not concerned with volumes. Only surfaces split into triangles. Generating a cross-section, therefore, requires new rendering methods. With this technology, nearly any 3D object can be turned into an interactive infographic, enabling new perspectives.
Team: Developed and designed independently.
Technology: Unity, Blender, Adobe Photoshop
• Developed an easy-to-use system for converting any 3D mesh into a cross-section.
• Optimized runtime performance that can be fine-tuned for older devices.
• Developed a system for interactive localized labels.
• Implemented an app with multiple languages (English, German, etc.).
Realtime Data Vis for Boschhttps://halbautomaten.studio/bosch
Customer: Bosch (R&D Campus Renningen)
Team: Developed with Halbautomaten in Stuttgart with a team of two people.
Technology: Processing (Java)
• Developed and installed a 24/7 running data visualization.
• Imported and displayed data from over 10 sources, including an interface to a CMS.
• Designed a generative structure that looks different every day.
Educational AR Globe App for iOShttps://apps.apple.com/mz/app/new-world-view/id1608544226
What would our Earth look like if you could see right through the ground? If you dug a tunnel straight down beneath your feet, where would you resurface? Explore our globe from a new point of view, exactly where you're standing right now. This augmented reality app offers a new perspective of our globe. Discover the planet beneath your feet through a hole in the ground!
Customer: Halbautomaten Kommunikationsdesign
Technology: Unity, ARFoundation, Compute Shaders, Light Estimation
• Developed an AR app combining gyroscope data, GPS, and compass data
• Enabled a geographically accurate perspective through a (not so accurate) hollow planet
• Made learning about geography fun by giving it a new spin
Smart City AR Experience for Reflexhttps://halbautomaten.studio/en/reflex-ish-2019
The company Reflex is an international solution provider for project planning and executing water-carrying systems within building and supply engineering.
Customer: Reflex (Winkelmann Group)
Team: Developed with Halbautomaten in Stuttgart with a team of five people.
Technology: Unity, Blender, ARFoundation, Marker-based AR
• Rolled out an app for iOS and Android, smartphones, and tablets
• Enabled customers to peak into otherwise opaque products
• Visualized physical processes like water degassing, desalination, thermal transfer, etc.
AR Product Explorer Apphttp://www.portals.io/inside
Unity, Unity3D, Unity2D, .NET
DataViz, Adobe CC, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Blender, Adobe Experience Design (XD)
Data Visualization, Infographics, Generative Design, Information Design, Unity Game Assets, Graphic Design, Interaction Design (IxD), Web Development, User Interface (UI), Shaders, Design, Unity Shaders, Game Design, Art, 3D Games, Multiplayer, Educational Games, Educational Videos, User Experience (UX), Mobile Game Development, UI Development, Animation, Front-end Development, Gaming, 3D Maps, Augmented Reality (AR), Storyboarding, Geolocation, GPS, Virtual Reality (VR), Oculus Quest 2, Front-end, Mobile App Development
Rapid Prototyping, UI Design, UX Design
iOS, Mobile, Android
Three.js, Vue, jQuery, WebGL
Diploma in Communication Design
State Academy of Fine Arts and Design - Stuttgart, Germany