Bootstrapping Entrepreneur2013 - PRESENTEduante (eduante.com)
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Twitter Bootstrap, HTML, REST
- Bootstrapped a learning content management SaaS business.
- Used Lean startup principles for validated learning and searching for product market fit.
- Engaged in full-stack software development.
Director, Software Development Consultant2015 - 2016Bytes Matter Limited
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Docker
- Provided software design, consulting, development, and auditing services for my clients.
- Worked mainly with financial clients from the City of London, including major FinTech players.
- Designed and developed software systems working in distributed environments using state-of-art software development practices.
- Advised my client on potential ways to improve development processes (i.e. by increasing adoption of Agile/XP development practices).
- Focused on improving overall team performance, including mentoring less senior team members.
Software Developer, Contractor2013 - 2013Simply Business
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Puppet, RabbitMQ, RSpec, Cucumber, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Wrote several Puppet recipes to automate application deployment.
- Extended and refactored an internal data processing application.
- Developed an internal data de-duplication and management application.
Contract Applications Developer2013 - 2013Funding Circle Ltd.
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, SOA, Songick::Transport, PHP, Pl/SQL, Grape, REST, RSpec
- Extracted parts of the existing monolithic application into a separate service.
Senior Software Developer2012 - 2013Lingapp/Vocabla.com
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, jQuery, Xapian, Redis, Capistrano
- Handled day-to-day development and maintenance of a language learning application.
- Conducted technical interviews with candidates.
- Refactored the old application for better performance and code quality.
- Handled minor server administration.
- Performed technology reviews and data structure design.
- Tuned performance.
- Extended usage of caching at various levels of the application stack.
- Integrated with external services (e.g. text-to-speech generators and payment gateways).
- Introduced modern software development principles (including team coaching).
Ruby Software Developer2011 - 2011Mimigroup
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Sphinx, Facebook API
- Wrote several Facebook applications (mainly for sweepstakes/competitions).
- Created an online marketplace for services related to thermal efficiency.
- Performed ad-hoc server administration.
- Prepared quotes and project proposals.
- Integrated with a payment gateway.
Ruby Software Developer2009 - 2010Araneo
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, MySQL
- Wrote a computer-aided management system for gastronomy.
- Wrote and maintained a website for an artistic photography competition.
- Extended and fixed several issues in the company internal CMS software.
Ruby Software Developer2008 - 2009Softwarelab.eu
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Prototype, Nginx, SOAP, Nokogiri
- Led a team of two other developers during my last 3 months.
- Maintained extensive customer contact.
- Developed a multi-store eCommerce solution.
- Integrated with external product suppliers.
- Handled full-stack web development, including database design.