Verified Expert in Engineering
Sebastian is a seasoned software developer. He architected the "follow" feature of Influenster.com, which allows over five million users to follow each other in one of America's most extensive product reviews sites. He has worked on application development in a variety of industries and strives for speed and accuracy.
Arch Linux, Git, Vim Text Editor
The most amazing...
...proposal I implemented was a CI-based QA and release pipeline that allowed the team to launch new features confidently and with no bureaucracy quickly.
Denizen Cloud, Inc.
- Set up a GIS (Geographic Information System) that centralizes data integrations with US counties and municipalities.
- Assumed responsibility for the deployments and monitoring of the production environment.
- Implemented continuous integration, infrastructure health checks, as well as the initial automated test suite.
Audience Boost, Inc.
- Fast-tracked the implementation of core MVP features for a new business venture.
- Set up infrastructure and CI deployments for the new web application.
- Created a scripting environment for Facebook campaign automation.
Virtual Medicine, LLC.
- Conducted data research for building Medicare price estimators.
- Created a database model supporting the business case and identified third-party integration points.
- Defined architecture and technical approach for the implementation of a mobile app and back-end services.
- Estimated development effort and software infrastructure costs.
- Collaborated with a senior project manager and a senior designer to create a software product proposal.
Technical Advisor (2018-2020), Senior Software Engineer (2017-2018), Software Engineer (2016-2017)
- Architected and implemented the "follow" feature, with push notifications currently serving over five million users.
- Re-implemented the user selection tool for product sampling campaigns, and reduced query latency from minutes to seconds.
- Drove to completion a graph database model to power fine-grained recommendations across the site.
- Built an in-house survey tool for product sampling market research campaigns.
- Implemented content algorithms such as trending and related products.
Lead Software Engineer
Textual Relations AB
- Re-engineered and re-implemented a legacy Python codebase for fast iteration.
- Re-implemented lexicon database search for real-time lookups.
- Created a release process and implemented a fully automated CI pipeline for QA and deployments.
- Managed two remote developers, including onboarding.
- Assisted hiring decisions for software development positions.
- Built a C# to TypeScript data model class transpiler.
- Added currency conversion to the invoicing solution using the API of the Swedish central bank.
- Implemented integration with Toggl time tracking for the invoicing solution offered by the company.
- Developed an email delivery and tracking solution for invoices using the Mailgun API.
- Worked as a full-stack developer on new features as specified by product management.
- Built a player with graphics overlay for public advertising screens using SDL, libVLC, and Chromium Embedded Framework.
- Developed a server monitoring analytics solution using Apache Cassandra for time series storage.
- Shipped the first ever Android application delivered by the agency.
- Implemented multiple integrations with social media APIs for social listening and analytics.
- Built a customizable survey system using the Django web framework for a market research company.
WBI Indicator Explorerhttps://github.com/snogaraleal/wbi
Django, Django REST Framework, GWT, AngularJS, Ant Design
Git, Vim Text Editor, RabbitMQ, Celery, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Solr, Jenkins
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Functional Programming, Testing
Shopify, Arch Linux, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Mailgun, Kubernetes, Amazon EC2, Docker
PostgreSQL, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Memcached, Cassandra, Google Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Redshift, Relational Databases, PostGIS
ChatGPT, Apache Cassandra, OAuth, Neptune, Concurrency, Business Processes, Research, Software Architecture, HTTP, APIs
Instagram API, Google API, Stripe, SDL, libVLC, Facebook API, Twitter API, React, Node.js
Coursework Toward a Degree (150 ECTS) in Software Engineering and Management
Chalmers University of Technology, University of Gothenburg - Gothenburg, Sweden