Quality Assurance Developer in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Test Automation Engineer (Remote)2015 - PRESENTKaton Direct (US)
- Led and implemented a QA strategy for a US leader in healthcare recruitment marketing.
- Managed the QA project and acted as a scrum master.
- Developed the UI automation processes of products based on Angular.
- Executed a test automation solution using Protractor.
- Supported continuous deployments.
- Implemented integrations with TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
Senior QA Automation Engineer2017 - 2018Johnson Controls (Ireland)
- Led and implemented a QA strategy for a multimillion event-driven smart building security system. This was a strategic project for the company and consisted of multiple teams in three locations and built using cutting-edge technologies and machine learning.
- Implemented a test automation solution for all back-end components and UI.
- Handled the integration with Jenkins.
- Led the QA team.
Senior QA Engineer | Software Engineer2014 - 2015IBM (Ireland)
- Drove the QA processes for a research project for a cloud SaaS solution of IBM's security product.
- Led and coached a team of graduate developers working on the test automation for a web UI.
- Implemented an integration with Jenkins.
- Automated post-deployment tests using Java and Selenium.
Technical Testing Lead2013 - 2014HP (Ireland)
Technologies: Java, Selenium, SOAP, REST, HP LoadRunner
- Spearheaded the QA processes for warranty assessment and fraud detection web services.
- Developed test automation for a web UI using Java and Selenium.
- Led a team in India.
QA Engineer | Team Leader2008 - 2013Hawkeye (Poland)
Technologies: Java, Selenium, .NET
- Defined the test strategy for the web UIs for multiple SaaS applications for a leading channel marketing agency in the US.
- Assured the quality of a payment system that transferred marketing funds between top IT manufacturers and their distribution network—handling over $2 billion per year.
- Implemented test automation for web UI projects using Selenium in Java and .NET.
- Led and coached the team.
- Developed a test case management tool.
QA Lead | Engineer2006 - 2008Edge Solutions (Poland)
Technologies: Java, JMeter, AIX, Comverse
- Led a project providing a mobile solution for stock trading for Polsoft.
- Supported Play Mobile on the Comverse billing system.
- Worked as QA in Nokia Siemens Networks during user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Test Automation for an Event-driven System (Development)
My company, at the time, had started a very complicated project with storm topologies, Kafka, events serialized in Avro, and microservices. For this project, I developed a test strategy and also implemented it. All of the components were tested separately and the tests were integrated with Jenkins and run after each build. I also implemented a sanity test to make sure that the extremely fragile infrastructure was still up and running. All of the tests were run nightly as well. The manual tests were stored in JIRA and were referenced in code. On top of everything, we had end-to-end UI test automation that covered most of the features and all of the payloads were generated for every run. The test results were then sent to a Slack channel and to QAconsole.com
- IBM Project (Other amazing things)
The project was very complicated, but I successfully navigated it and built a SaaS solution for a system with DB2 in Docker containers.
- QAconsole.com (Other amazing things)
For this project, I developed a significant amount of automation for multiple components (a common problem is that you can lose track of all of the results). I first implemented it as a test automation result tool and then decided to add test case management and bug management. There is more work to do but I'm still passionate about further developing new features
FrameworksProtractor, Selenium, Angular
ParadigmsAutomated Testing, Test Automation, Testing, Continuous Deployment, Agile
OtherQuality Assurance (QA), Software QA, SOAP, Web UI, Project Management Professional (PMP)
ToolsJenkins, LoadRunner, Apache Avro, Azure IoT Hub, TeamCity, Apache Storm, Apache JMeter, Gatling, TestRail, Zephyr, Jira
PlatformsAIX, Red Hat Linux, Azure, Apache Kafka, Windows, MacOS, Linux
StorageIBM DB2, SQL Server 2010, MongoDB
- Diploma in Project Managerment2010 - 2011Warsaw School of Economics - Warsaw, Poland
- Masters of Engineering degree in Computer Science2001 - 2006Łodz University of Technology - Łodz, Poland
- Project Management Professional CertificationDECEMBER 2017 - DECEMBER 2020PMI | Project Management Institute
- Salesforce.com Developer CertificationNOVEMBER 2012 - APRIL 2014Salesforce
- Red Hat Certified EngineerAPRIL 2007 - APRIL 2010Red Hat
- ISTQB CertificationMARCH 2007 - PRESENTISTQB | International Software Testing Qualifications Board