Full-stack Developer2018 - PRESENTGrowlink
Technologies: C#, TypeScript, Angular, Azure DevOps, Git, .NET, Entity Framework, RabbitMQ, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Bootstrap, REST APIs, Full-stack, Visual Studio, CSS, Back-end Development
- Developed an Angular-based customer portal using TypeScript where customers can monitor their grow facilities in real-time, and configure custom dashboards.
- Developed .NET-based web API endpoints for configuring and monitoring readings and status from hardware devices located in the Grow facilities.
- Implemented SignalR for event-based communication between servers and web clients.
- Integrated with payment processing service to automate subscription payments for clients.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2021Twizza
Technologies: Android, iOS, Aurelia, Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core, Microsoft SQL Server, RabbitMQ, .NET, .NET 4, .NET Core, .NET 5, Xamarin.Forms, Redis, Redis Cache, Postman, SQL CLR, Full-stack, Azure DevOps, Windows Server, Windows, Visual Studio, Git, CSS, TypeScript, C#, Back-end Development, Multithreading
- Developed a web-based logistics application for briefing and debriefing fleet trips and deliveries that records and analyzes telemetry data and determines driver bonuses.
- Developed a multi-platform mobile app using Xamarin and forms for drivers during deliveries for paperless delivery notes, invoices, and returns handling. Electronic signatures were a requirement.
- Developed a multi-platform mobile app and web application for their sales force, sales representatives visiting customers, and internal sales staff to capture orders, including customer visit tracking, surveys, and more.
- Developed a workflow system with a plug-in system for writing handlers for processes, using RabbitMQ integration for immediate high-speed process completion via IPC and a web-based front end for usability.
- Developed a document management system integrating into all of the above systems, centralizing storage, indexing, and management of all documentation for the company.
- Wrote a variety of .NET, .NET Core, and .NET 5 based Web APIs for all of the above systems, including integrations with SMS, email, and push notification systems.
- Implemented a Redis caching cluster for performance improvements over an 18,000 customer-based sales system.
- Managed a small team of junior developers, mentored, and code reviewed their work.
- Managed the project, source control, and work items via Azure DevOps for the entire development team.
Senior Front-end Developer2017 - 2018Audience.id
Technologies: Auth0, CSS, TypeScript, Angular
- Assisted at the beginning and later took over the development of the entire web UI.
- Designed and implemented the integration with Auth0 authentication.
- Implemented a small number of Node.js API endpoints to expose functionality to the front end.
- Upgraded the web application from Angular 2 to Angular 5 and updated the components and services to use new features available in later versions.
- Designed, developed, and deployed a RabbitMQ-based messaging system to allow real-time communication between the back end and front end for UI updates.
Software Developer2017 - 2018HelpMe Emergency
Technologies: PostgreSQL, PHP, Angular, NativeScript, iOS, Android, SQL, REST APIs, Full-stack, Git, CSS, C#, Back-end Development
- Developed a cross-platform app for customers to be able to request assistance at their current GPS location from armed response companies using NativeScript.
- Built an addition to the same app for armed security personnel to receive assistance requests and also the ability to manage the requests assigned to them, including navigation to the requested location.
- Created a companion web-based call center application where all assistance requests and armed response personnel can be monitored and managed from.
- Implemented a monthly subscription payment system using wireless application service providers (WASP) to automatically bill customers via their cellphones for the service.
- Implemented a billing system integrated with a PayFast payment gateway for billing customers for call-outs and paying service providers for assistance provided.
Software Developer2016 - 2017Tessa Ford Post Production
Technologies: PostgreSQL, TypeScript, PHP, Angular, SQL, Bootstrap, REST APIs, Git, CSS
- Created an Angular 2 application for managing projects, schedules, and appointments of employees.
- Coded a REST API back-end using PHP for the possible expansion to mobile applications in the future.
- Implemented per project schedule generation and sent them via a PDF.
Senior Systems Architect2000 - 2016Supervisory & Control Expertise
Technologies: SCADA, PLC, Embedded C++, Embedded C, EAGLE, Windows Server, Gentoo, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PHP, .NET, C#, Full-stack, Visual Studio, Git, CSS, C++, Back-end Development, Multithreading
- Designed and developed a web-based custom ERP system using PHP and PostgreSQL (provided development and support for over 12 years).
- Designed and developed an automated meter reading system, including the electronics, firmware, protocols, and server software.
- Developed an automated device monitoring system for centralized management and sending SMS to clients when faults occur.
- Designed and developed a wireless access control system using RFID tags. This included a PCB design, firmware development, and server software development.
- Coded drivers and emulators for various industrial protocols such as Siemens S7, Modbus, and DNP3.
- Created automation tools for speeding up the SCADA population via integration APIs.
- Performed server management for Windows Active Directory and multiple Gentoo Linux servers in use.