Data Engineer2018 - 2019Go Car Insurance
Technologies: AWS Redshift, Python, Go, Looker, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Zendesk API
- Integrated data from different data sources such as AWS RDS, Zendesk, Facebook Analytics,.
- Migrated from BigQuery to AWS Redshift.
- Collaborated with a data analyst and a data scientist to provide quality data for explorations.
- Set up Looker and created dashboards that provided insights and helped and encouraging other teams members to explore data on their own.
Data Engineering Fellow2018 - 2018Insight Data Science
Technologies: Kafka, Postgres, Python, Flask, Kafka Streams
- Built a full stack application supported by a real-time streaming data pipeline that tracks flight status and provides weather updates in parallel to ensure safe flying conditions.
- Effectively implemented Stream-Table joins using Kafka Streams and geospatial search on streaming data using PostGIS.
- Learned cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced environment getting constructive feedback from mentors and peers.
Lead Database Developer2013 - 2016UBI Banca, Italy (via Accenture)
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, MySQL
- Led the database team handling multiple work requests contributing to the development and enhancements of six key bank applications: HR-Balance, Anagrafe-Prospect, IWB Migration, CRM Contact History, CRM In Action, and GeMo Migration.
- Performed overall work flow management for the database team using Rational ClearQuest.
- Suggested code review and version control tools to the client team to improve code quality.
- Trained entry-level engineers as part of Accenture's development initiatives.
Senior Database Developer2012 - 2013Centrica, UK (via Cognizant Technology Solutions)
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
- Worked on a project that involved a WMIS database upgrade; ported Pro*C, Perl, shell scripts, and SQL scripts from Solaris to Linux and Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g, respectively.
- Led a team of engineers in identifying migration issues and debugging the defects.
- Performed estimation, planning, and task allocation for the project.
- Supported user acceptance testing.
Database Developer2011 - 2012Avon, Brazil (via Cognizant Technology Solutions)
Technologies: Oracle 10g, Linux
- Worked on the project called ASLCP Pre-Rezoning which involved the implementation of pre-rezoning logic in PL/SQL from Java and implemented changes to the physical data model using Erwin.
- Refreshed the ARRM hardware which involved the migration of scripts and unit testing; I delivered it with zero defects.
Programmer Analyst2011 - 2011Comcast, USA (via Cognizant Technology Solutions)
Technologies: Oracle 10g
- Worked on commercial workbench reports which involved converting FoxPro code to Oracle SQL queries for reporting order cancellations and pending orders.
- Conducted query tuning using explanation plans.
Programmer Analyst Trainee2010 - 2011Emdeon Inc., USA (via Cognizant Technology Solutions)
Technologies: Oracle 10g, Linux
- Worked on advanced claiming and a real-time payment gateway by contributing to data loading, benefit building for 4010, Minnesota and 5010 payers, FER service, data enhancement service, and data loading.
- Tuned data enhancement queries for optimal performance bringing down the response time from 20 minutes to seven seconds.
- Prepared and tested deployment scripts for a testing environment.