Senthil is a senior Mulesoft and Java/JEE certified developer, specializing in the insurance and financial industries including completion of industry-specific courses offered by the Insurance Institute. During his 7-year tenure with State Farm Insurance in Chicago and 5 years of Canadian experience, he's gained extensive experience with Java/JEE technologies and a thorough understanding of modern programming languages and frameworks.
ExperienceMuleSoft - 6 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring, JEE, Java, MuleSoft
The most amazing...
...project I've completed was a complex Dataweave transformation for legacy web services.
Mulesoft Consultant (Part-time/Freelancing)
- Configured and maintained Cloudhub.
- Integrated various enterprise systems with Mulesoft development.
- Developed and architected a batch process to exchange data between Netsuite and Salesforce using connectors.
- Developed APIs based on microservices pattern (API-Led connectivity) to expose data from IFS.
- Configured/integrated Anypoint MQ with various Mule flows.
- Integrated with SMB and SharePoint systems using Mulesoft connectors.
Technical Lead (Integration Platform - Mulesoft)
- Architected the Mule flows based on microservices design pattern.
- Set up the Mulesoft environment using Jenkins, Nexus, MMC, and Mule Runtime.
- Mentored the team members with their technical challenges during the course of development.
- Migrated existing legacy processes to ESB platform.
- Designed applications leveraging batch module for processing and consuming large data load from Guidewire to SAP and vice-versa.
- Integrated with external vendors like payment providers, Pitney Bowes, and banking systems via different connectors like FTP, FTPS, SFTP, File, SOAP/CXF, and APIKIT.
- Monitored applications via integration with ElasticSearch and alerting the support team for any critical issues.
- Extensively used batch module for processing large files (CSV and XML) and fine-tuned the performance to scale the applications.
Senior J2EE Developer/Technical Lead
- Built responsive UI/UX for business applications using HTML5, CSS, and jQuery.
- Successfully integrated with Spring-webflow for managing and navigating different wizards.
- Integrated with an online payment provider, Moneris.
- Deployed and managed Mule flows in both on-prem and cloud hub.
- Architected web services that are compliant with ACORD/CSIO model and exposed it to Guidewire systems like CLAIMS and POLICY.
- Handled the implementation of the application in production for both ESB and web applications.
Senior Java Developer
- Implemented shared services in the stateless session bean and exposed it as session façade.
- Implemented the design patterns like DAO Factory, Singleton, Service Locator, and Business Delegate. Conducted code reviews for quality deliverables.
- Developed application service components and configured beans using (applicationContext.xml) Spring IoC.
- Integrated Spring (dependency injection) among different layers of an application.
- Used the SOAP Message Broker protocol to get the communication between incompatible systems. Performed the code build and deployment using ANT. Used log4j properties for logging.
- Involved in system and integration testing using JUnit.
- Involved in developing complex SQL queries using DB2.
State Farm Insurance, IL, USA
- Built application components based on software specifications.
- Developed application communication through asynchronous message using JMS, MQ, and MDB process message in point-to-point scenarios.
- Involved in the analysis, design, and development of various server-side components like XSD/XSLT/XML, SDOs, service handlers for service layer, DAOs for persistence layer and action classes, JSP, and servlets for user interface layer.
- Led the development team for three iterations and production support lead for all the claims management functionalities, primary responsibilities were handling tickets in a timely manner, meeting the metrics defined on the ticket breaches, problem records, KI usage and generating reports in HP service manager for the management study.
- Architected the retry/recovery framework for the async process failures and made the framework very flexible from its usage perspective. This framework is used extensively today due to its low development time and automatic failure recovery properties.
- Developed batch processing for a multi-threaded environment using Core Java.
- Developed E2E use case with frameworks and tools like Spring DI, Spring AOP, Spring-Security, Hibernate, and JSF Components (Iceface, Tomahawk, and Primeface).
- Designed and implemented the data routing strategy for an ECS application in order to better handle user traffic and minimize the frequency of server refreshes, reducing necessary man-hours. In addition to the extensive financial savings realized by the client, customer experience was also positively impacted (the client saved approximately $100,000/year).
- Proposed and incorporated a Trillium matching application for a variety of matching functionalities within ECS and minimized duplicate/redundant data in order to keep only clean data.
- Redesigned a complete a claim flow in order to process input from various reporting tools like mobile, intranet, internet, and COBOL applications with the SOA techniques (JMS, web services), improving the system from both a performance and maintenance perspective.
MuleSoft, Oracle, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WebSphere MQ, JEE, Jakarta EE, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Mule Runtime Engine, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Raspberry Pi, Salesforce
Spring 4, JSF, Angular, JUnit, Spring, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Spring MVC, Hibernate, Apache Struts, Ext JS, Spring Web Flow, Swagger
NetSuite API, JMS, EasyMock, JAXB, Java API for XML Processing (JAXP), C3p0, Node.js, jQuery, Salesforce API
Eclipse IDE, SoapUI, Servlet, MQSeries, ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, Checkstyle, MyEclipse, Subversion (SVN), Jira, HP Quality Center (QC), Bamboo, JDK 8, Git, Apache Maven, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Postman, cURL Command Line Tool
Batch File Processing, RAML, HTTPS, HTTP, APIs, SAP Integration, Integration, DI, Ajax, RSA, CruiseControl, RESTful Services, log4j, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), VM, NetSuite, API Gateways, SOAP, SFTP, FTP, SSL Certificates
Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), REST
JSON, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server 2016, IBM Db2, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Anna University - India
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
Mulesoft Certified Solution Architect
Mulesoft Platform Architect
Mulesoft Developer Associate