Machine Learning Engineer2019 - PRESENTBayes Centre for Data Science
Technologies: Pytorch, Scikit-learn, Neural Networks, Information Extraction
- Developed a Python pipeline to scrape the web for scholarly articles on African livestock disease and extract necessary data for researchers to use—resulting in making a more than three-month-long human process into an overnight job.
- Wrote a classifier to select scholarly articles as relevant vs. not relevant—with 85% accuracy over 12 Subsaharan regions.
- Wrote an information extraction system to extract data fields from articles for use in large scale data analysis - processing hundreds of articles at a time.
- Created an API and user interface for veterinary researchers to interact with the system after project completion.
- Ran a research experiment to analyze the different options for information extraction and balance generalisability vs. training data requirements.
Research Engineer2018 - 2019Information Sciences Institute
Technologies: Pytorch, Python
- Created an interactive demo where humans can interface with neural networks to cowrite stories together.
- Served as the primary engineer for natural language generation and drove the research agenda.
- Ran evaluations and experiments for neural networks and wrote and published the results.
- Supervised interns and gave company-wide seminars.
- Consulted with other teams on how to incorporate neural generation into their systems.
Product Manager2013 - 2015
Technologies: SQL, Balsamiq, Sketch
- Launched an adtech product in new and emerging markets, focusing on Australia/New Zealand, Japan, and China; where I increased local partner integrations by 300%, leading to revenue growth of 212% YoY ($11M to $34 million).
- Established localization efforts and language detection and categorization for ad products.
- Launched A/B testing for our ML algorithm controlling bidding on ad space.
- Changed the method of integration with Yahoo! properties, eliminating the primary source of on-call incidents.
Technical Account Manager2011 - 2013
Technologies: Python, Django, C++
- Implemented custom solutions in Python/Django for the top 40% of Google adtech clients.
- Provided on-call for instant resolution of adtech incidents.
- Oversaw and was in charge of running QA for new releases.
- Worked on a team that was migrating a tech stack from Amazon to Google infrastructure.
- Developed materials and gave client training sessions on the tech stack and how best to utilize it.
Digital Mapping Assistant2010 - 2010Experiential Technologies Center at UCLA
Technologies: KML, Google Earth API
- Developed 3D reconstructions of ancient Rome throughout time, to integrate a time dimension into Google Earth and assist in historical research.
Tutor2008 - 2010Academics in the Commons at UCLA
- Taught small tutoring courses for undergraduate students in various fields, including C++, Ancient Greek, Astronomy, and English Composition.