Founder and CEO2019 - PRESENTOriginal Studios
Technologies: Game Development, Game Design, Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, Unity, C#
- Developing a full game from scratch using Unity and all the proper software design skills learned throughout my career.
- Planned many features split into milestones, complete with Gantt charts.
- Worked individually until recently. Preparing to hire artists and other creatives to help fulfill my vision.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2019Uber
Technologies: Monitoring, Continuous Deployment, Docker, Nginx, Coroutines, Grafana, Server Migration, Agile, Microservices, Leadership, Mesos, Flask, Tornado, NoSQL, MySQL, Distributed Systems, Go, Python
- Built out many features end-to-end for the driver onboarding funnel to increase the efficiency of the signup process and acquire more drivers.
- Led a team to create an entirely new driver referral tracking system using the new microservices paradigm to which the company was migrating.
- Designed and worked on the back-end system for a new “code-less” driver onboarding step creation engine.
- Handled the migration and part of the system design of the legacy Python-based driver onboarding back end into a set of new Go services handling onboarding for multiple entity types, not just drivers.
- Led many knowledge and information sharing sessions for fellow engineers at various points, from graphing to on-call processes.
Co-founder and Developer2011 - 2016GooseChase Adventures
Technologies: Django, PostgreSQL, Android, iOS, Nginx
- Built out the startup's iOS and Android apps from scratch.
- Ensured feature parity between both mobile platforms and a consistent UI/UX experience across the board.
- Assisted with server provisioning, database setup, and many other back-end-related issues that came up.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014Rollbar
Technologies: MySQL, ETL, React, Full-stack, APIs, Pyramid, Python
- Collaborated with the two technical founders to build features from initial product specifications to release.
- Delivered full stack engineering; a Pyramid/Node.js/MySQL back-end with a jQuery/React front-end.