SQL Developer in Seattle, WA, United States
Senior Database Consultant2017 - 2018Amazon Web Services
Technologies: Relational databases, AWS Services, SQL, Python
- Planned and implemented relational database migrations to AWS.
- Designed and implemented data warehouses, data lakes, and operational data stores in AWS.
- Designed and implemented data pipelines on AWS using SQL and Python.
- Created data models and database components for databases (Oracle) hosted on AWS RDS and EC2.
- Optimized performance of reports and SQL queries for databases (Oracle) hosted in AWS.
- Created labs, sales demos, and conference activities for database migrations to AWS.
Lead Data Architect2005 - 2017Deutsche Bank
Technologies: Oracle, Exadata, SQL, Java, PL/SQL, databases, shell scripting
- Consolidated legacy Oracle databases on an Exadata (merging models and data, migrating data, modifying PL/SQL, shell, and Java code). Database size: 100Tb.
- Optimized performance for reporting components on Exadata from hours running time to seconds.
- Created data model and database components (Oracle) for high an application managing a lifecycle of listed derivatives transactions (2000 transaction/sec).
- Designed and implemented data model and database code for risk management platform to capture risk model parameters for every risk calculation for compliance reporting.
- Designed and implemented a dynamically configured reporting engine (in PL/SQL) for processing 30Tb dataset.
- Designed and implemented data model and database code for real-time warehouse for Sales IT department, receiving information from 150+ feeds and applying complicated logic to calculate sales commissions.
Senior Database Developer, DBA2000 - 2005INIT-S
Technologies: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase ASE, C#, ErWin, SQL
- Designed and developed document management systems and resource management systems for nuclear power plants to manage each power plant’s entire documentation management process. Enhanced and automated resource management, performed database migration between different platforms (Sybase ASE, MS SQL Server, Oracle), database servers administration, deployment packages creation, consulting customers.
- Transformation Program for Core Banking Equity Settlement Application (Development)
Rebuilt a platform using COBOL, C++, and EJB 1.0 components with six databases 100Tb in size on Oracle 10g to Java application hosted in on-premises cloud platform with consolidation database on an Oracle Exadata cluster.
- Data Pipelines on Google Compute Cloud (Development)
I build data pipelines loading data from JSON formatted file in Google Cloud Storage to Bigquery with complicated transformation logic in SQL, aggregating and loading data into Data Mart in Postgres (Google SQL) to be used by application UI.
- Data Pipelines on AWS (Development)
I used Hadoop as a source for data pipelines as well as execution platform to run Pig, Hive, and Presto. I used Spark in data pipelines to do ETL in batch mode
I have Python experience in building data pipelines for data warehouses and data science projects. I have experience building on-premises and cloud data pipelines as well as backend serverless cloud APIs on AWS. I used Spark to compute intense data pipelines in batch mode and SparkSQL. I’m very comfortable working with Spark and will learn new use cases quickly.
LanguagesSQL, Python, Java
ToolsErwin, Oracle Exadata, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Athena, Apache Airflow
ParadigmsDatabase Development, ETL, Database Design
StoragePL/SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Exadata, Oracle DBMS, AWS RDS, Oracle SQL, AWS S3, Data Integration, Amazon Aurora, Redshift
OtherData Modeling, Software Design, Software Architecture, Google BigQuery
FrameworksAWS EMR, Spark, Hadoop
PlatformsAWS Lambda, AWS EC2, Linux, Google Cloud Platform
- Master's degree in Computer Science1997 - 2003Moscow Power Engineering Institute - Moscow, Russia
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - AssociateJULY 2017 - JULY 2019AWS
- Oracle Certified Professional (DBA)MARCH 2005 - PRESENTOracle