DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020Tesla, Inc.
Technologies: Shell, Continuous Delivery (CD), Linux, DevOps, Continuous Deployment, Helm, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Go
- Designed and developed a greenfield CI/CD infrastructure, and migrated applications to it.
- Built extensions for upstream tools to adapt them to client-specific workflows.
- Set up logging and monitoring for infrastructure and applications, both via configuration of existing software as well as via custom tooling.
Consultant | Product Engineer2019 - 2019Syncier GmbH (via Codecentric AG)
Technologies: Shell, RxJS, Vuex, Vue, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Go
- Developed back-end services and front-end applications for compliance-aware cloud resource management.
DevOps Consultant2018 - 2019Siemens AG (via Codecentric AG)
Technologies: Bash Script, Shell, Amazon EC2, Continuous Delivery (CD), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, DevOps, Continuous Deployment, Ansible, Jenkins, GitLab, Packer, Terraform, Docker, Go
- Ensured compliance with InfoSec requirements for an existing cloud-based CI/CD stack.
- Simplified and modularized Terraform codebase, and defined module interfaces, enabling multiple teams to share and collaborate on infrastructure code with minimal overhead.
- Developed various infrastructure tools in Go to support integrations with Terraform, Docker, AWS ECR, AWS Secrets Manager, Jenkins, and SonarQube.
- Simplified and refactored Ansible-based provisioning of EC2 instances.
- Replaced most dynamic provisioning operations with static images (Docker images and EC2 AMIs).
Consultant2018 - 2018Audi Business Innovation GmbH (via Codecentric AG)
Technologies: Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, Continuous Deployment, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Go, R
- Defined the technical SLIs and outlined the SLAs for an existing centralized CI/CD platform, together with a role/responsibility allocation minimizing organizational friction.
- Performed a quantitative technical analysis of CI/CD performance and availability issues, and a qualitative analysis of organizational constraints and bottlenecks.
Software Engineer2017 - 2018MX1 (via Codecentric AG)
Technologies: Bash Script, Shell, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Continuous Delivery (CD), Linux, DevOps, Continuous Deployment, Grafana, Prometheus, Kubernetes, Docker, FFmpeg, C, Go
- Migrated an existing video-streaming app to Kubernetes; was responsible for the design, implementation, and task prioritization.
- Conducted a performance analysis and developed the monitoring hooks and metrics.
- Implemented extensions and refactored the app’s video processing pipeline.
DevOps Consultant2017 - 2017Adidas AG (via Codecentric AG)
- Worked extensively on Kubernetes cluster infrastructure, built cluster-level/application-level monitoring using Prometheus, Grafana, cAdvisor, as well as application-specific custom metric collectors.
- Taught courses on Docker and Kubernetes for developers and assisted teams with their transition to a DevOps workflow.
- Developed project starter templates for Java (Spring Boot) and Node.js (Express.js) to facilitate recommended testing practices and provide immediate integration with the CI/CD environment and monitoring components.