Verified Expert in Engineering
Sergey is an Informatica PowerCenter certified specialist with about fifteen years of experience building scalable projects and systems using Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, or the Informatica platform. He enjoys working on challenging data projects and making it easy to handle large data systems. Now he masters himself as a Data Engineer with an Azure infrastructure as the primary tool.
Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Unix, Linux, Windows, Informatica PowerCenter, Python, Azure, Azure Data Factory, Pipelines
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a script for an automatic PowerCenter objects generator when a corresponding database structure is changed.
Experienced Data Engineer
- Worked on development and support of various Informatica PowerCenter workflows, including complex data loads, control flows, and more.
- Used Azure Data Factory pipelines to orchestrate the Databricks notebook loads.
- Prepared data for data scientists for predictive maintenance.
- Parsed and loaded data from XML files to Delta Lake by using Databricks and Python.
- Used Python to call an AzCopy app to operate the blobs in Azure Data Lakes.
- Controlled resource usage and React when those exceed given limits by using Azure monitoring.
Credit Suisse (Poland)
- Supported an inherited Oracle SQL code (procedures, triggers, etc.) without documentation.
- Worked on serial development of a PowerCenter objects list using MapGen tool.
- Developed a semi-automated SQL test engine using MS Excel.
- Built a semi-automated OBI reports test engine using Python.
- Provided deep SQL code analysis and automation to find dependencies.
- Created SQL ETL procedures to merge source and new data.
- Built a Python-based XML objects comparison tool, allowing to skip uninteresting tags.
Orient Express Bank (Russia)
- Worked on serial development of Informatica PowerCenter objects.
- Developed a Run queue management system to run IPC workflows based on timetable or event. There is an ability to limit the number of processes running in parallel to control the load and performance, notification system, and more.
- Created a platform that can automatically generate all the code to create and update IPC objects based on the source fields list.
- Designed an automatic testing system for newly added PowerCenter mappings.
- Developed and supported VBA extensions of PowerDesigner, allowing to automatically generate set of child objects on the base of the parent one.
ETL Expert Developer
Bank of Moscow (Russia)
- Developed a distributed Change Data Capture (CDC) system based on a trigger set.
- Built a Web Services-based system to initiate data load processes from remote branches.
- Created multi-instance parallel data load processes from remote branches to a single target object.
Data Integration Software (Russia)
- Contributed as a consultant to a huge variety of different customers, like banks, telecom operators, insurance companies, etc.
- Supported and developed Informatica PowerCenter objects based on technical design.
- Created testing documentation, test scenarios, cases, and customer reports.
- Distributed tasks among team members, tasks execution control, reporting to customers. The team contained a maximum of ten members: one architect, three analysts, and six developers.
Konica Minolta Photo Imaging (Russia)
- Created a technical support database, allowing to gather all services provided over technical equipment.
- Developed a marketing reporting system to show photo film sales over regions and brands.
- Test-distributed automatic photoshop system "DigiNiP."
- Built an exhibition database, allowing to sign to lectures, and printing badges.
- Developed a training department database allowing to plane lectures, distribute them among trainers, and print certificates.
Training Team Calendar
The technology stack included Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access.
Integration of Mobile Billing System with Bonus Card System
Conditions: each file had to contain no more than the maximum amount of records, and records groups had to be placed in a single file—group breaks were prohibited.
The technology stack included Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle, and Bash.
ODS for a Bank
The technology stack included Oracle, Informatica PowerCenter, and IPC Web Service Hub.
Script to Operate With Files
IPC Objects Generator
IPC Workflows Run Tool
The technology stack: Oracle, and IPC.
OBIEE Regression Testing Tool Based on Excel/VBA
Bash Script, SQL, XML, Python, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Delphi, Bash
Swagger, Windows PowerShell
Informatica PowerCenter, Sybase PowerDesigner, Oracle SQL Data Modeler, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Microsoft Access, Oracle Application Express (APEX)
Windows, Oracle, Unix, Linux, QlikView, Azure, Databricks
IBM Db2, Teradata, SQL Server 2008, Netezza, Microsoft SQL Server, Redshift
Excel Macros, Scripting, Azure Data Factory, Data Build Tool (dbt), Informatics, IPC, Pipelines
PhD in Electric Power | Informatics
Moscow Aviation Institute - Moscow, Russia
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Radioelectronics
Moscow Aviation Institute - Moscow, Russia
PowerCenter Data Integration 10 Developer, Specialist Certification
PowerCenter Data Integration 9.x Administrator, Specialist Certification
DEV523. Advanced Modeling Techniques using PowerDesigner 15
ERL15 AllFusion ERwin Data Modeler;
Moscow Training Center