DevOps2018 - PRESENTRaising the Floor
Technologies: Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Terraform, Helm, Stackdriver, Locust, CouchDB, Ruby, Rake
- Contributed to a number of open source projects, united by the goal of creating Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII) to provide equal access to technology for people regardless of their disability, literacy, aging-related barriers, or socioeconomic status.
- Worked on the design and implementation of FERPA-compliant cloud-agnostic infrastructure-as-code framework that manages the full lifecycle of Kubernetes applications.
- Designed and implemented Locust-based universal load testing solution, capable of simulating real-world web application user behavior on the scale from dozens to millions of simultaneous users.
- Designed and implemented application-transparent cloud KMS-based secrets management system with the support of secret/key material population and rotation.
- Developed various improvements for better support of centralized logging and monitoring integration with Stackdriver, including a Ruby-based custom solution that implements Terraform-style idempotence for management of alerting policies, uptime checks and notification channels.
DevOps Lead2014 - 2018Assembla
Technologies: Linux, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Vagrant, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Etcd, Logstash, Docker, Rocker, Kubernetes
- Led the DevOps team by acting as a facilitator between development, operations, and the customer success teams.
- Supported the physical infrastructure of the running project: kept relationships with providers, vendors and DC crew, and supervised required maintenance tasks.
- Hardened the production system's security, established workflows and procedures, prepared documentation to pass security/availability principle part of the SOC II security audit.
- Completed the infrastructure automation using Chef and Terraform, unified multiple environments (production, stage/QA, on-premise, private cloud) within the same Chef codebase which improved the Dev/QA experience and reduced maintenance costs for Ops.
- Improved the system architecture for private cloud installations using Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Implemented the required changes to the application stack and built CI/CD tooling.
DevOps2010 - 2014Assembla
Technologies: Linux, AWS, Git, SVN, Perforce, Mercurial, Ruby, Chef, DRBD, Jenkins, Pacemaker, Capistrano, Passenger, HAProxy, Nagios, New Relic, CloudFlare, Monit, Errbit, Jetty, Apache, Bash, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Ceph, KVM, Capistrano, Hubot, Cisco ASA
- Designed and implemented a new bare metal architecture of a low-latency triple-redundant sharded file system with hot failover, real-time replication, and off-site backups for needs of shared SVN, Git, Perforce, and Mercurial repository hosting.
- Designed and performed the seamless migration of existing customer base (AWS) into the new infrastructure.
- Implemented a CI/CD workflow that allowed the team to safely execute over 50 deploys into production per day.
- Built a bare-metal KVM cluster and developed the required tooling to provide the underlying infrastructure for staging/CI environments.
- Improved the existing monitoring solution—reducing the number of false positives and increasing the retention periods and resolution for historical metrics.
Lead Server-side Developer2007 - 2010Pravo
Technologies: Linux, Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, PHP-FPM, MySQL, Percona, Sphinx, Nagios, memcached
- Built a system of distributed proxies and crawlers to automatically collect and parse more than 500,000 legal documents per day.
- Developed fuzzy-logic-data-collection algorithms for data crawlers.
- Constructed a document-indexing pipeline using Sphinx.
- Designed a simple-and-effective infrastructure-monitoring system using Nagios.
- Created an HA and fault-tolerant MySQL cluster architecture with ring replication and real-time snapshots using Percona and HAProxy.