DevOps2018 - PRESENTRaising the Floor
Technologies: Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Terraform, Helm, Locust, CouchDB, Istio, Forseti
- Contributed to several open-source projects, united by the goal of creating Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII) to provide equal access to technology for people regardless of their disability, literacy, aging-related barriers, or socioeconomic status.
- Worked on the design and implementation of a FERPA-compliant cloud-agnostic infrastructure-as-code framework that manages the full lifecycle of Kubernetes applications.
- Migrated legacy EC2-based Kubernetes deployments to GKE.
- Designed and implemented application-transparent cloud KMS-based secrets management system with the support of secret/key material population and rotation.
- Designed and implemented a Locust-based universal load testing solution, capable of simulating real-world web application user behavior on the scale from dozens to millions of simultaneous users.
Architect2019 - 2019Green Cloud
Technologies: GKE, IoT Core, Bigtable, BigQuery, Cloud SQL, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Functions, TensorFlow, Cloud Pub/Sub, KMS, IAM
- Designed a highly scalable, secure and cost-effective solution to handle live metric streaming from a massive pool of IoT devices for AI-based predictive analysis.
- Designed a cloud organizational structure and security model, following principles of separation and least privilege.
- Provided leadership and strategic guidance during the solution implementation process to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Established key processes and guidelines, aiming for the desired level of security compliance.
- Worked on solution documentation, created playbooks for the most common situations and scenarios to ensure a smooth handoff.
DevOps2019 - 2019Imbellus (via Toptal)
Technologies: Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Kinesis, Cognito, CloudFront, IAM, KMS, SQS, SNS, RDS, S3, VPC, Route53, EKS, Terraform, Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Elasticsearch
- Helped to troubleshoot and resolve issues with existing architecture and processes to improve development velocity and reduce operations toil.
- Automated infrastructure deployments to support on-demand resource provisioning in regions closest to the end-customer to minimize latency.
- Upgraded an existing CI/CD workflow to reduce build failure rates and support multi-region deployments.
- Optimized infrastructure observability with centralized logging and log-based metrics.
- Improved incident response times by establishing key metrics and configuring alert policies based on them.
- Designed a centralized identity management solution for edge authentication and access control.
- Provided technical guidance to ensure best practices and to plan smooth migration of existing workloads to containers and Kubernetes.
DevOps Lead2014 - 2018Assembla
Technologies: Linux, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Vagrant, Etcd, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Logstash, Docker, Rocker, Kubernetes
- Led the DevOps team by acting as a facilitator between development, operations, and the customer success teams.
- Supported the physical infrastructure of the running project: kept relationships with providers, vendors and DC crew, and supervised required maintenance tasks.
- Hardened the production system's security, established workflows and procedures, prepared documentation to pass the security/availability principle part of the SOC II security audit.
- Completed the infrastructure automation using Chef and Terraform, unified multiple environments (production, stage/QA, on-premise, private cloud) within the same Chef codebase which improved the Dev/QA experience and reduced maintenance costs for Ops.
- Improved the system architecture for private cloud installations using Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Implemented the required changes to the application stack and built CI/CD tooling.
DevOps2010 - 2014Assembla
Technologies: Linux, AWS, Git, SVN, Perforce, Mercurial, Ruby, Chef, DRBD, Jenkins, Pacemaker, Capistrano, Passenger, HAProxy, Nagios, New Relic, CloudFlare, Monit, Errbit, Jetty, Apache, Bash, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Ceph, KVM, Capistrano, Hubot, Cisco ASA
- Designed and implemented a new bare-metal architecture of a low-latency triple-redundant sharded file system with hot failover, real-time replication, and off-site backups for needs of shared SVN, Git, Perforce, and Mercurial repository hosting.
- Designed and performed the seamless migration of existing customer base (AWS) into the new infrastructure.
- Implemented a CI/CD workflow that allowed the team to safely execute over 50 deploys into production per day.
- Built a bare-metal KVM cluster and developed the required tooling to provide the underlying infrastructure for staging/CI environments.
- Improved the existing monitoring solution—reducing the number of false positives and increasing the retention periods and resolution for historical metrics.
Lead Server-side Developer2007 - 2010Pravo
Technologies: Linux, Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, PHP-FPM, MySQL, Percona, Sphinx, Nagios, Memcached
- Built a system of distributed proxies and crawlers to automatically collect and parse more than 500,000 legal documents per day.
- Developed fuzzy-logic-data-collection algorithms for data crawlers.
- Constructed a document-indexing pipeline using Sphinx.
- Designed a simple-and-effective infrastructure-monitoring system using Nagios.
- Created an HA and fault-tolerant MySQL cluster architecture with ring replication and real-time snapshots using Percona and HAProxy.