Elasticsearch, Django, and Flask Developer2020 - 2022AppDirect
- Developed a web application that provides the ability to search throughout the entirety of the web application with minimal integration effort.
- Built a universal search scraper that extracts text from dynamic SPA, PDF, Office Docs, and even images using OCR.
- Delivered the services using Docker, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes configurations. Documented it all well for future developers.
- Implemented the API using the Django REST framework (DRF) and FastAPI libraries.
- Developed a standalone application that provides secure and categorized storage of files, as well as a catalog feature for storing documentation.
Senior DevOps and Elasticsearch Engineer2019 - 2020Toptal Clients
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitLab CI/CD, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, REST APIs, APIs, PostgreSQL, AWS DevOps, Slack API, Google Calendar API, API Integration, REST, Containers, Location Services and Maps
- Implemented a full AWS cloud provisioning with Terraform throughout three separate environments (development, staging, and production).
- Implemented flexible Elasticsearch cluster configuration with Terraform and a maintenance toolset integrated with AWS infrastructure with Ansible. This configuration gives the ability to build any topology Elasticsearch cluster in minutes.
- Performed full-featured Kubernetes cluster Terraform configuration. The configuration includes integration with AWS EBS volumes, ALB, and CloudWatch. Also, it has an autoscale feature and OpenVPN access on per cluster bases.
- Implemented a full CI/CD pipeline with GitLab and AWS infrastructure. Testing, building, and delivery were fully automated.
Lead Back-end Developer and Technology Evangelist2017 - 2018Play2Live
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), React Native, React, Google Cloud, Docker, Python, REST APIs, APIs, API/Services Architecture, REST, Containers
- Developed back-end microservices architecture using mostly Python and Go.
- Implemented a JSON-RPC API gateway.
- Created deployment proposals and base CI/CD pipelines and tools.
- Developed a multi-layer authorization system on top of the JWT.
- Integrated BitShares blockchain into financial sub-system.
- Integrated TenderMint blockchain self-hosted private network for financial and event tracking.
Lead Developer and Technology Evangelist2015 - 2018UMIAS Medicare
Technologies: React, React Native, Android, iOS, ELK (Elastic Stack), SQL, MySQL, Django, Python, Docker, Ansible, Linux, REST APIs, APIs, API/Services Architecture, REST, Containers, Location Services and Maps, Web Scraping
- Developed over 40 API microservices in SOA style.
- Developed web security infrastructure analysis.
- Developed several modules of the mobile app built with React Native both for iOS and Android.
- Developed a DC independent cluster.
- Configured an ELK cluster for log analysis.
- Developed a database for a tech support neural network.
- Developed a Docker cluster serving over 200 containers.
- Developed infrastructure that serves more than 1,200,000 doctor appointments per month.
- Mentored around ten people in a technical team.
- Developed several modules of the mobile app built on React Native both for iOS and Android.
- Developed private networking integrated with Django services authentication and SSO with internal/external services.
Back-end Developer2013 - 2015Mobile Social Network (SAS, Ltd.)
Technologies: MySQL, Django, Python, REST APIs, APIs, API/Services Architecture
- Created more than 40 social features.
- Developed a fast messaging system handling 1B user messages.
- Built a Twitter-like following feature using a custom incremental indexing system.
- Created a file uploading feature by file conversion using FFmpeg and ImageMagick. Stored every file uploaded by users in different formats.
- Developed SMS and email messaging functionality through Django/Celery.
- Implemented silent two-phase deployment (supervisor with Nginx) so that users don't notice when the site updates.
- Handled 2.5 million registered users with 15,000 online each evening. Generated around 60TB of storage user file data.
- Worked on a two-person team with the front-end developer.
Senior Developer2010 - 2013Online Farm-like Game (SAS, Ltd.)
Technologies: Django, Python
- Divided the project amongst four developers (game designer, art designer, back-end developer, and front-end developer).
- Created a fast REST protocol and implemented game logic. Created around 200 REST nodes as a result, with twenty functional elements per node.
- Created a REST-oriented gaming solution with two front-ends for smartphones and an extremely simple WAP version with base gaming features.
- Handled a maximum of 10,000 users at a time, with over 250,000 users registered in the first three months after launch.
- Used MongoDB and Memcached for the main storage.
- Wrote the back-end application server in Python on top of Gevent.
- Built two front-ends to work on top of Gevent+Flask.
- Published the game in popular social networks (VK, Mail, Odnoklassniki) and in a mobile app catalog.
- Implemented many cool social features such as messaging, forum, support, social groups, and game quests among users.
- Included around twenty mini-games such as individual quests, fishing, and tasks related to plants and animals.
- Incorporated around 400 game items created by the art designer.
Web Developer2008 - 2010Online Shopping Cart System (Esmeralda, Ltd.)
Technologies: Memcached, MongoDB, MySQL, Django, Python
- Worked in a team of five developers.
- Handled over 250,000 registered users (around 1,000 users at any given time).
- Integrated third-party accounting system 1C:Enterprise through a RESTful service built on top of Django/TastyPie.
- Created over thirty new Django modules within project.
- Built thirteen shop views, delivering retail and wholesale product information and a shopping-cart feature, based on single platform (Django). Included authorization for all sites through popular social networks like Facebook, VK, and more.
- Implemented a single sign-on (SSO) feature across all sites.
- Implemented a simple CMS page-tree feature, RTE, and functionality for turning pluggable product info directly into text.
- Implemented all background tasks using the Django/Celery module.