Sergey is an accomplished back-end developer with extensive experience in Python, Django, and Cloud DevOps. As a dedicated technology mentor, Sergey has successfully implemented flexible cloud infrastructure, automated testing, and CI, driving team productivity to new heights. He approaches new IT challenges fearlessly and always strives to find innovative solutions that push the boundaries of what's possible in the industry.
ExperienceDjango - 12 yearsPython - 12 yearsBack-end - 10 yearsPostgreSQL - 10 yearsFlask - 6 yearsDocker - 4 yearsTerraform - 4 yearsKubernetes - 3 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Django, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Kubernetes, ELK (Elastic Stack), MongoDB, Solution Architecture
The most amazing...
...things I've developed is a medical appointment application serving 15 million people monthly. I also constructed an MVP that raised $15 million in Y Combinator.
Full-Stack and Django Developer
Zoetis - Main
- Refactored legacy data pipelines into a more strict and clear approach, wrapping data handlers with Schemas as primary contracts.
- Provided 100% coverage for all newly implemented data pipelines.
- Migrated similar application features into standalone Django applications. With safe migrations and refactored internal source code, the refactoring touched more than 200 files without breaking any previously implemented features.
- Provided full knowledge transfer, architecture discovery, and roadmap proposals for refactoring and solution improvements.
Elasticsearch, Django, and Flask Developer
- Developed a web application that provides the ability to search throughout the entirety of the web application with minimal integration effort.
- Built a universal search scraper that extracts text from dynamic SPA, PDF, Office Docs, and even images using OCR.
- Delivered the services using Docker, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes configurations. Documented it all well for future developers.
- Implemented the API using the Django REST framework (DRF) and FastAPI libraries.
- Developed a standalone application that provides secure and categorized storage of files, as well as a catalog feature for storing documentation.
DIGITAL SPRING MARKETING AND ADVERTISING INC.
- Provided full knowledge transfer of the solution.
- Prepared optimization plan for saving up to 75% of expenses in AWS.
- Provided new architecture refactoring for AWS EB to Kubernetes with autoscaling features.
- Implemented pre-commits and full SDLC process with all Django-based services.
- Prepared best practice documentation for the internal team and performed internal training sessions for developers and the DevOps team.
Senior Python/Django Developer
Kizen Technologies, Inc.
- Fully transferred the knowledge regarding the CRM system that was worked on.
- Implemented User Audit logging subsystem with neat integration into all apps and legacy state software.
- Provided full test coverage to all delivered features with Django unit tests.
- Provided full project review and bug highlighting during initial discovery. Proposed improvement backlog.
Aurora Labs S. A.
- Implemented IDEX CC exchange market integration with HummingBot.
- Implemented the most sensitive and performance-dependent parts with Cython.
- Implemented Integration test suites and delivered full documentation.
Senior DevOps and Elasticsearch Engineer
patent seekers limited
- Implemented a full AWS cloud provisioning with Terraform throughout three separate environments (development, staging, and production).
- Implemented flexible Elasticsearch cluster configuration with Terraform and a maintenance toolset integrated with AWS infrastructure with Ansible. This configuration gives the ability to build any topology Elasticsearch cluster in minutes.
- Performed full-featured Kubernetes cluster Terraform configuration. The configuration includes integration with AWS EBS volumes, ALB, and CloudWatch. Also, it has an autoscale feature and OpenVPN access on per cluster bases.
- Implemented a full CI/CD pipeline with GitLab and AWS infrastructure. Testing, building, and delivery were fully automated.
Lead Software Developer
- Implemented data flow engine on top of YAML and Jinja template engine.
- Wrapped with Kubernetes configuration files and provided secure secrets storage with SOPS.
- Deployed onto the Google Cloud environment using Managed Kubernetes service.
- Implemented Client Dashboard for managing, debugging, and overviewing running tasks.
Lead Back-end Developer and Technology Evangelist
- Developed back-end microservices architecture using mostly Python and Go.
- Implemented a JSON-RPC API gateway with Swagger doumentation.
- Created deployment proposals and base CI/CD pipelines and tools.
- Developed a multi-layer authorization system on top of the JWT.
- Integrated BitShares blockchain into financial sub-system.
- Integrated TenderMint blockchain self-hosted private network for financial and event tracking.
Lead Developer and Technology Evangelist
- Developed over 40 API microservices in MSOA style.
- Developed several modules of the mobile app built with React Native both for iOS and Android.
- Developed a dedicated independent cluster on HC Consule.
- Configured an Elastic Search cluster for log analysis in a dedicated environment.
- Developed a database for a tech support neural network.
- Developed legacy Docker cluster serving over 200 containers.
- Developed infrastructure that serves more than 1,200,000 doctor appointments per month.
- Mentored a team of ten developers in a technical team.
- Developed several modules of the mobile app built on React Native both for iOS and Android.
- Implemented Identity provider on top of OAuth 2.0 with Django as Backend.
Mobile Social Network (SAS, Ltd.)
- Implemented more than 40 services using mostly Python.
- Developed a fast messaging system handling 1B user messages.
- Built a Twitter-like following feature using a custom incremental indexing system.
- Created a file uploading feature by file conversion using FFmpeg and ImageMagick. Stored every file uploaded by users in different formats.
- Developed SMS and email messaging functionality through Django/Celery.
- Implemented silent two-phase deployment (supervisor with Nginx) so that users don't notice when the site updates.
- Handled 2.5 million registered users with 15,000 online each evening. Generated around 60TB of storage user file data.
- Worked on a two-person team with the front-end developer.
- Provided migration data pipelines from previously implemented services on top of PHP.
React Native Yelp-like MVP App
React Native Healthcare Apphttps://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/emias.info/id949484366?l=en&mt=8
Python/Django/MySQL - Social Network
Python/Flask/Gevent/MongoDB, Farm-like Online Game
Python/Django/MySQL eCommerce System
MongoDB Magic Libraryhttps://github.com/sergio-bershadsky/pymoqy
Django REST Framework, React Native, Flask, Django, Scrapy, Selenium, Angular, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Next.js
Python Asyncio, React, Emmet, REST APIs, Slack API, Puppeteer, AngularUI, Google API, VK API, Facebook API, Gevent, Fabric, Google Calendar API, Node.js, Stripe
Terraform, Jenkins, Kibana, Zen Coding, GitHub, Ansible, Pytest, Auth0, Bitbucket, GitLab, POV-Ray, Adobe Photoshop, PyCharm, WebStorm, PhpStorm, Maya, AWS SDK, AWS CloudFormation, Apache Airflow, SendGrid, JetBrains, Git, ELK (Elastic Stack), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), GitLab CI/CD, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Tableau
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Aspect-oriented Programming, API/Services Architecture, REST, ETL, Functional Programming, Concurrent Programming, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Management
OpenStack, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, Linux, Docker, MacOS, Unix, iOS, Android, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, Heroku
Relational Databases, Database Security, Docker Cloud, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Memcached, Google Cloud, Database Performance, Amazon DynamoDB, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Couchbase, Neo4j
Teamwork, Back-end, eCommerce, Back-end Development, Multithreading, APIs, AWS DevOps, FastAPI, Containers, Scraping, Web Scraping, Architecture, Web Development, RESTful Web Services, Project Management & Work Tracking Tools, Algorithms, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), General Medicine, Ubuntu Server, Tornadoweb, Clustering, NixOS, API Integration, Location Services and Maps, Team Leadership, Full-stack, Containerization, CI/CD Pipelines, Argo CD, Search, OCR, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Solution Architecture, Engineering, Mathematics, Psychology, Pedagogy, English, Economics, Finance, Human Resources (HR), Arabic-English Translation, Libraries, Financial APIs, Cryptocurrency, Cython, Hummingbot, Relational Database Services (RDS), Lambda Functions, API Gateways, Tableau Server, Reports, BI Reports, PDF
Master's Degree in Agriculture Management and Economics
MSAU - Moscow
Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture Engineering and Education
MSAU - Moscow
Translator's Degree in Arabic Languages
Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Moscow