Senior Software Developer2018 - PRESENTAuvik Networks
Technologies: React, GraphQL
- Supported the migration of an existing application to React.
- Improved data fetching by leveraging GraphQL capabilities to narrow a set of queried fields.
- Migrated a searching mechanism to utilize Elasticsearch’s superior full-text search functionality.
- Defined a styled-components UI theme and migrated the existing styling system into using it.
Senior Full-stack Developer2016 - 2018GainX
Technologies: React, Redux, MongoDB, D3.js
- Developed a methodology to gradually transition legacy a jQuery application to React/Redux.
- Developed a wide variety of SVG charts that were powered by D3.js.
- Wrote a guideline on how D3.js should communicate with a React application and receive updates back.
- Revised an existing data querying mechanism to use MongoDB's data aggregation pipelines, $lookup, and $graphLookup. Ultimately this improved memory consumption and decreased execution time for the slowest query from 12-15 seconds to under 250 milliseconds.
Independent Contractor2015 - 2016Freelance Work
Technologies: Gremlin, Cassandra, Angular
- Prototyped a Node.js-powered Angular application backed by a Gremlin-Cassandra database for a startup company.
- Supported the proof of concept with unit, E2E, and performance tests.
Software Developer2014 - 2015FacilityTeam
Technologies: Node.js, Angular, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- Developed a synchronization trigger that channels data from PostgreSQL to Elasticsearch, increases full-text search speed by almost 90%, and makes a list of suggestions available for website search needs.
- Refactored the existing code to improve the performance of a heavy Angular front end by talking to a Node.js and Express.js via REST API.
- Updated a Socket.IO piece of application to handle multiple connections and user disconnects.
- Improved the mobile user's experience by making applications, charts, and drawings react to touch events.
Independent Contractor2006 - 2014Freelance Work
- Created an aggregator of financial Twitter streams to monitor and log social activity related to the company.
- Built a financial tracker that monitors short-selling positions that were not closed before the EOB.
- Developed a mailing product that leverages AWS SES, S3 and SNS and allows a higher-level interface over a lower-level infrastructure.
- Developed a deal-tracking website that works with the Google Maps API to displays current and upcoming deals on the map.