Sergio Rafael Gianazza
Verified Expert in Engineering
Sergio is a full stack developer with experience in numerous programming languages and different types of architectures. He also has experience as a team leader leading groups of up to 25. He enjoys creating new products and working with teams of great developers.
Git, Sublime Text, Atom, Vim Text Editor, ITerm, Terminal, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is to architect, design, and develop a system to manage the request, installation, and user satisfaction of a DSL for a big telephone company.
- Defined and developed a back-end server storing information on IoT devices (Mac addresses, configurations, etc.). Wrote the back-end server using Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis as the data back-end.
- Developed an admin site to access the information stored in the back-end server. Wrote the front-end using React.js with Flux Architecture.
- Defined and developed a statistics server storing information on mobile usage. Wrote the service in Node.js and used Elasticsearch.
- Defined and developed an embedded application used in a Bluetooth-Wi-Fi bridge. Used an embedded Node.js server.
- Helped with the definition of a protocol used to send information between the server and mobile devices.
React + Flux Front-end Developer
Learnerator (via Toptal)
- Helped to create a base foundation for their React.js + Flux application.
- Helped to create a universal application (rendering the HTML both on server and client).
- Improved the build and deployment process.
- Built the scaffolding used to write React.js components without boilerplate.
- Revamped the test suite, improving the time spent on every test run.
- Built a back-end for the system of an IoT company based in San Francisco (Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Padrino).
- Created an utility framework (Ruby) to test the different functionalities of the interaction between IoT-ready devices and the cloud.
- Coached several teams to implement Scrum and Agile Retrospectives.
- Worked on a project in Python (using PyPy) to process video in real-time.
- Implemented Scrum as a methodology in several teams.
- Created a series of video tutorials to teach the team how to add unit / integration testing to daily work.
Software Architect, Team Leader
- Helped with the architecture and design of a Java system (Java, Spring Web, Spring Integration) for a big banking company based in Barcelona.
- Worked with the architecture team to build a system (Java, Spring Web, JSF) to manage the water system for Sevilla.
- Worked as a project leader with a team of 25 people, building a system (Java, WebSphere, Spring) for a Spanish insurance company.
- Created a tool to migrate an object built in PL/SQL to iBatis.
- Architected and designed the back-end (Java, Hibernate, Spring) for an online casino.
- Architected, designed, and developed a system to manage the request, installation, and user satisfaction of a DSL for a big national telephone company.
- Helped a team to analyze and design the integration (using BEA AquaLogic) of several sub-systems.
Developer, Team Leader
Santa Fe Sistemas
- Developed a web application to store medical information using J2SE, J2EE (EJB), and Struts.
- Created a back-end service in Java to process and parse information received from medical centers.
- Helped with the migration of a legacy system written in C to a Java stack (J2SE, EJB 2.1, Struts).
- Created a minimal ORM in Java to interact with several legacy stored procedures (Oracle Database).
- Created a small application in C++ and Glade to store the expenses of the team.
that helps users to build effective business relationships.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Express.js, Padrino, Sinatra, .NET, Flux, Django, Spring Integration, Spring MVC
React, jQuery, Node.js, Facebook API, Q Promises, Passport.js
GitHub, Git, Sublime Text 2, Subversion (SVN), Atom, Vim Text Editor, Terminal, ITerm, Sublime Text, Mercurial, Emacs
Agile Software Development, Scrum, Model View Controller (MVC), Functional Reactive Programming, Functional Programming, Concurrent Programming
NetBeans, MacOS, Linux, Oracle, OS X, Docker
Team Mentoring, Lean Development, Spring Web Services
Redis, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RethinkDB, Cassandra
Engineering Degree in System Engineering
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional - Buenos Aires, Argentina