Verified Expert in Engineering
Sergio is a software engineer with over 10 years of experience in a wide range of platforms, languages, and frameworks. He is a problem solver who tries to find abstractions that make complex problems look easy. He also enjoys breaking things apart to discover elusive bugs, performance issues, etc.
Git, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a Yacc based compiler to translate business rules into Java source that once compiled gets injected into a running risk management monitor.
Senior Web Engineer
- Built several jQuery UI widgets for big data visualization.
- Created a jQuery plugin that renders a form to edit arbitrary objects. It renders inputs for each property on the target object, allows adding/removing items from array properties, etc. The object can be pre-decorated to help the plugin provide customized inputs and labels for each property.
- Created a QlickView extension to wrap Opera's data visualization widgets (jQuery UI based). This allowed embedding these widgets into existing QlikView documents.
Senior Web Engineer
Hammerlabs / Primitive Spark
- Implemented several Drupal sites and Drupal templates, including deep customization of calendar and MailChimp modules among others.
- Implemented MySQL replication to feed Drupal development environments with data from production, allowing pushing the dev database directly into production and reducing deployment time considerably.
- Created a bridge between CodeIgniter and the Zend Framework to easily take advantage of Zend libraries from CodeIgniter applications.
- Developed HTML5/mobile promotional sites for movies.
Senior web Developer
- Developed several new methods on mEgo's CodeIgniter based API.
- Developed several full Ajax based pages for mEgo's user interface.
- Built social apps for integrating mEgo avatars to Facebook, Friendster, hi5, MySpace, and others.
- Developed server to server communication to read user's Facebook/Twitter/Flickr/etc. feeds and integrate them into mEgo's avatars.
- Implemented a CDN file based cache for API reads, since 95% of mEgo API requests were reads. Only write operations hit the DB and refreshes cached files.
Senior Developer, Co-Owner
- Built a Soccer Simulation in C++ for an massive online soccer game (ManagerArena).
- Developed a random face generator for fantasy soccer players.
- Developed a flash application to render simulated soccer matches.
- Developed PHP/MySQL backend API methods for supporting the soccer simulator and viewer.
- Developed several Ajax based pages for ManagerArena's user inerface.
Inter-American Development Bank
- Analyzed customs procedures for courier shipments clearance in Costa Rica, Republica Dominicana, Barbados, Trinidad&Tobago and Dominican Republic.
- Developed a web based workflow for courier shipments clearance.
- Adapted the courier shipment clearance workflow to several country's laws.
- Prepared and presented training sessions to help customs officers work with the workflow.
- Implemented a set of SOAP services to enable courier companies feed the clearance system with shipments.
Dirección Nacional de Aduanas (Uruguay's Customs Office)
- Developed cargo manifest workflow.
- Built an automatic export duty calculation system based formulas stored at the DB and interpreted directly by DB triggers.
- Added API entry points for data interchange between customs and other government agencies.
- Developed a custom Business Rules engine for assigning risk channels to customs declarations.
- Migrated several FoxPro applications to GeneXus in order to integrate them into the new pool of applications.
Spend Intelligence Platform
The Hunger Games Citizen Control Center
Education site - Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
"I Frankenstein" teaser site.
Top Chef University
CodeIgniter, Aurelia, PixiJS, Impact, PhoneGap, Bootstrap, Zend Framework, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
jQuery, jQuery Mobile, Highcharts, jQuery UI, ImageMagick, Facebook API
CppCMS, JSPM, Subversion (SVN), Jira, Git, Sublime Text, GreenSock, Adobe Photoshop, Apache Tomcat, Mailchimp, GitHub, Eclipse IDE
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development, Model View Controller (MVC), Scrum
LAMP, Drupal, Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, Memcached, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL
Ajax, Architecture, OAuth, GeneXus
Masters Degree in Computer Engineering
Facultad de Ingenieria, Universidad de la República. - Uruguay