Senior Web Engineer2012 - PRESENTOpera Solutions
- Built several jQuery UI widgets for big data visualization.
- Created a jQuery plugin that renders a form to edit arbitrary objects. It renders inputs for each property on the target object, allows adding/removing items from array properties, etc. The object can be pre-decorated to help the plugin provide customized inputs and labels for each property.
- Created a QlickView extension to wrap Opera's data visualization widgets (jQuery UI based). This allowed embedding these widgets into existing QlikView documents.
Senior Web Engineer2010 - PRESENTHammerlabs / Primitive Spark
- Implemented several Drupal sites and Drupal templates, including deep customization of calendar and MailChimp modules among others.
- Implemented MySQL replication to feed Drupal development environments with data from production, allowing pushing the dev database directly into production and reducing deployment time considerably.
- Created a bridge between CodeIgniter and the Zend Framework to easily take advantage of Zend libraries from CodeIgniter applications.
- Developed HTML5/mobile promotional sites for movies.
Senior web Developer2007 - 2009mEgo Inc.
- Developed several new methods on mEgo's CodeIgniter based API.
- Developed several full Ajax based pages for mEgo's user interface.
- Built social apps for integrating mEgo avatars to Facebook, Friendster, hi5, MySpace, and others.
- Developed server to server communication to read user's Facebook/Twitter/Flickr/etc. feeds and integrate them into mEgo's avatars.
- Implemented a CDN file based cache for API reads, since 95% of mEgo API requests were reads. Only write operations hit the DB and refreshes cached files.
Senior Developer, Co-Owner2004 - 2006BigFunBug
- Built a Soccer Simulation in C++ for an massive online soccer game (ManagerArena).
- Developed a random face generator for fantasy soccer players.
- Developed a flash application to render simulated soccer matches.
- Developed PHP/MySQL backend API methods for supporting the soccer simulator and viewer.
- Developed several Ajax based pages for ManagerArena's user inerface.
Customs Consultant2001 - 2005Inter-American Development Bank
Technologies: C#, GeneXus
- Analyzed customs procedures for courier shipments clearance in Costa Rica, Republica Dominicana, Barbados, Trinidad&Tobago and Dominican Republic.
- Developed a web based workflow for courier shipments clearance.
- Adapted the courier shipment clearance workflow to several country's laws.
- Prepared and presented training sessions to help customs officers work with the workflow.
- Implemented a set of SOAP services to enable courier companies feed the clearance system with shipments.
Applications Developer1999 - 2004Dirección Nacional de Aduanas (Uruguay's Customs Office)
Technologies: Visual FoxPro, GeneXus
- Developed cargo manifest workflow.
- Built an automatic export duty calculation system based formulas stored at the DB and interpreted directly by DB triggers.
- Added API entry points for data interchange between customs and other government agencies.
- Developed a custom Business Rules engine for assigning risk channels to customs declarations.
- Migrated several FoxPro applications to GeneXus in order to integrate them into the new pool of applications.