Verified Expert in Engineering
Sergiy is a seasoned DevOps/Azure cloud engineer with exceptional communication skills and impeccable professionalism. He's worked with a variety of tech over his career, but his strongest skills are Microsoft-based, especially with PowerShell (ten years) and Azure. Sergiy not only has a robust development foundation but also brings a wealth of experience in team and tool management to any project.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on dealt with a large-scale migration to the Azure cloud.
- Developed Azure DevOps pipeline generators and accelerators for Azure app services and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) workloads.
- Developed Python microservices to support automation.
- Implemented several SecOps and quality tools like CheckMarx, Blackduck, and more.
Fortune 100 North American Construction Equipment Manufacturer (via Toptal)
- Designed and assisted with the implementation of the global deployment strategy.
- Implemented elements of highly available components in Azure cloud.
- Built the build and release pipelines for a number of products.
- Implemented and supported an AI platform in Azure.
- Built CI/CD pipelines using TeamCity, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), and Puppet.
- Managed an IIS farm and supported a number of other tech stacks like SQL servers.
- Supported a data warehouse project, including SSIS pipelines.
- Implemented AppDynamics monitoring for core middle-tier application.
- Helped developers in setting up Selenium and Node.js (Karma) testing frameworks.
- Developed and secured the Azure infrastructure for a SAS project.
- Built pipelines for infrastructure deployment. Worked on automation and monitoring.
- Set up Amazon RDS, FRM, and more; migrated services to Azure.
- Migrated the infrastructure from the managed cloud to the public cloud (Azure).
- Supported over 300 websites.
- Built CI/CD pipelines for a number of Azure projects.
- Implemented Zabbix monitoring.
CDS EMEA (part of Omnicom)
- Automated the computing infrastructure which improved the deployment times dramatically.
- Supported and administered a large SaaS infrastructure.
- Implemented the migration to Windows 2012 R2 (IaaS).
Manager for Trading Systems Automation | Lead TSE Engineer
- Moved two data centers and consolidated the server.
- Virtualized the trading servers (ESXi/Hyper-V).
Migration of the Hosting Infrastructure from the Managed Cloud to Azure
• Designed the networks, network security rules, and the IaaS and PaaS components.
• Automated the provisioning of VMs using Puppet.
SAS Platform in Azure
Moodle VLE Implementation
DevOps, Azure DevOps
Windows, Azure, Linux
Octopus Deploy, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), RHEL, IIS, F5 Networks, Relational Database Services (RDS)
Python 3, C#, SQL
Windows PowerShell, Selenium
Zabbix, TeamCity, Git, VMware, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), NGINX, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Puppet, Apache, Ansible
Azure Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, MarkLogic
Master of Science Degree in Land Management
Royal Institute of Technology - Stockholm, Sweden
Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
VMware Certified Professional 5 — Data Center Virtualization (VCP5.5-DCV)
MCSA: Windows Server 2012
MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
ITIL® Foundation Level (v3)