Senior Database Engineer2016 - PRESENTTogetherwork
Technologies: AWS DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, AWS Athena, Elasticsearch, SQL Server 2016, Percona, MySQL, AWS Glue, AWS S3, Go, Python 3, SaltStack, Terraform, AWS RDS
- Architected event-driven data ingestion pipelines across multiple companies leveraging Serverless Framework, S3 Events, Lambda, and EMR.
- Migrated simple redshift workloads to Athena, Glue, and partitioned S3 file storage for multiple BI projects.
- Implemented Kinesis Streams, Kinesis Data Analytics, and Kinesis Firehose to S3 to ingest and monitor large volumes of application log data that were previously written to SQL Server.
- Migrated MySQL and SQL Server databases from on-premises to AWS.
- Trained engineers across teams on AWS Big Data and serverless best practices.
- Worked with the database engineering team and developers across multiple operating companies to tune queries, train on databases, and work with ORMs (Laravel, Rails, and Flask).
- Migrated read workloads to asynchronous MySQL replicas where appropriate for enhanced response times.
- Provisioned an XtraDB (Galera) mutli-master MySQL Cluster (and ProxySQL) with SaltStack for reduced failover time, enhanced data durability, and enhanced scalability.
- Created POC for Orchestrator in our on-premises data centers to increase visibility of replication topologies.
- Implemented database monitoring in Datadog across multiple operating companies and environments.
Data Engineer2019 - 2020SANS Institute
Technologies: REST, Cloud Microservices, Serverless Architecture, Serverless Framework, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS Step Functions, AWS DynamoDB Streams, AWS Eventbridge, AWS Lambda, TypeScript, Python 3, Elasticsearch, AWS DynamoDB
- Implemented a change data capture service to synchronize systems of record with Elasticsearch, as well as other derived data systems.
- Collaborated with back-end engineers to redesign and migrate DynamoDB tables for enhanced scalability, performance, and cost.
- Led the adoption of Terraform for data-related resources with operations.
- Designed a reporting service to proxy front-end requests to multiple data sources.