Senior Staff Software Engineer2017 - 2019DiDi Global
- Built out UI engineering team from scratch, responsible for all phases of the hiring process.
- Architected and built application technology stack based on React/Redux/TypeScript, including support for multiple user languages (i18n) in the UI.
- Created supporting development tools, including proxies and tools for automating pieces of internationalization.
- Created project roadmaps and lead requirements gathering efforts and communication across multiple teams of stake-holders.
Consultant2018 - 2018Stealth startup (Biotech)
Technologies: React, TypeScript, Python, Flask
- Implemented data service using Python and Flask framework.
Consultant2017 - 2017Stealth startup (Security)
Technologies: Angular, TypeScript
- Refactored Angular application to increase code quality and maintainability.
- Implemented new features in Angular application based on customer requirements.
- Converted code base to TypeScript for improved maintainability and scalability.
Corporate training consultant2016 - 2017TenX
- Created customized training materials on writing test automation for web applications.
- Content aimed at internal manual QA team which was transitioning to writing automation.
- Delivered content through a series of training workshops (weekly, spanning several months).
Technical Lead2015 - 2017Dropbox
- Developed modern dashboarding solution to drive big-data decision making across the company.
- Architected and lead development for systems built with TypeScript (Angular 1.x), Go, MySQL, and the hadoop ecosystem.
- Designed and implemented Frosty, an open source tool which reduced build times by up to 30x for Node.js based projects.
Consultant2016 - 2016Stealth startup (Analytics)
Technologies: Docker, React, Ruby on Rails
- Advised company on technology stack choices for web application client (React).
- Implemented initial React application.
- Improved development environment by "Dockerizing" dependencies, to make it much easier for other developers to get all services running locally.
Freelance2014 - 2015Minhash (acquired by Salesforce)
Technologies: Node.js, React
- Created proxy application in Node.js to inject custom content into web pages.
- Designed administration portal application using JS/React.
Technical Lead2014 - 2015Shape Security
- Lead multiple teams focused on building product features and improving developer experience.
- Partnered with peers in product management and quality assurance to define product features, milestones, and quality goals.
- Defined and implemented technical infrastructure improvements, including build systems and developer tooling.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014Hall (acquired by Atlassian)
- Implemented client-side code (web/desktop) for an enterprise chat application.
- Contributed to server components written with Rails framework.
- Optimized performance of real-time messaging layer written in CoffeeScript and Node.js, utilizing redis for distributed message caching.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2013
- Shipped features on Linkedin.com aimed at higher education institutions and students.
- Developed and open-sourced Venus.js while driving adoption of JS unit testing across LinkedIn product teams.
Program Manager2008 - 2011Microsoft
- Owned features for the Internet Explorer version 8, 9, and 10 development cycles.
- Lead feature crews on the user experience and performance teams.
- Designed and implemented several platform technology demos for www.ietestdrive.com.