Data Scientist and Software Developer in Jacksonville, FL, United States
Senior Data Scientist2016 - 2019BEMO Securitization
Technologies: Python, Pandas, NumPy, Django, Scrapy
- Built a core securitization application that organized their main business line.
- Developed a web scraping application that wrapped a government website for Lebanese commercial registration.
- Automated calculations in the securitization and integrated it into the core application.
- Integrated blacklist name-matching software into their existing client database.
Senior Data Scientist2013 - 2019FFA Private Bank
Technologies: Python, Pandas, NumPy, Django
- Automated data pipelines.
- Automated several processes (audit, compliance, treasury, risk management) for calculations and special reports.
- Built a name-matching application for blacklisted people.
- Created a trading blotter between the back office and asset management.
Senior Data Scientist2018 - 2018Boteval
Technologies: Python, Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Django
- Developed the main app for this startup in the field of cosmetics and artificial intelligence.
- Succeeded in getting into the startup accelerator "Station F" in Paris.
- Created a similarity algorithm between mascara products.
- Built a web scraping tool to collect data about mascara from different public websites.
Senior Data Scientist2016 - 2018G2 Capital
Technologies: Keras, TensorFlow, Python
- Created an automated video transcription service using IBM Watson speech recognition.
- Developed a deep neural network for stock picking based on economic factors.
- Namecheck (Development)https://github.com/teamshadi/sic-namecheck
The is a web application that matches your clients' names with names from UN/OFAC/EU blacklists as well as any lists that you might have yourself.
- Keras’ Stateful LSTM Example (Development)https://github.com/keras-team/keras/blob/master/examples/lstm_stateful.py
This is the example code of Keras (a deep neural network library) for their LSTM, demonstrating how to use it in stateful or stateless mode.
- Pandas’ Generalization of a Correlation Function (Development)https://github.com/pandas-dev/pandas/pull/22684
The Pandas (a DataFrame manipulation library in Python)
provided a correlation function with only predefined methods to use. My contribution was to enable it to support a generic user-provided calculation method, thus generalizing its usage to enable users to use it for histogram intersections.
- Stack Overflow Reputation ~4,500 Points (Other amazing things)https://stackoverflow.com/users/4126114/shadi
Stack Overflow is a public Q&A platform for different subjects such as programming, data science, and so on. I use it a lot for looking up answers to questions I have, for asking new questions, and whenever possible to provide answers to questions that do not have an answer yet.
Through answering other people's questions, I have received over 4,500 points which demonstrates the value of my answers to others.
- Blotter (Development)https://github.com/teamshadi/ffa-blotter
This is an electronic trading blotter to organize trading between two entities, e.g., between the back office desk and asset management desk within a bank for over-the-counter contracts.
StorageData Pipelines, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
OtherData Engineering, Statistical Modeling, Neural Networks
FrameworksMachine Learning, Apache Spark
- Certificate (expected in June 2019) in Artificial Intelligence2019 - 2019Pi School of Artificial Intelligence - Rome, Italy
- Master's degree in Financial Engineering2009 - 2011École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - Lausanne, Switzerland
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer and Communications Engineering2004 - 2008American University of Beirut - Beirut, Lebanon