Software Engineer2017 - PRESENT
- Optimized the back-end infrastructure handling hundreds of millions of daily Facebook searches to be faster and less memory intensive.
- Created multiple new search product features on both iOS and Web that enhanced the search experience of Facebook users and grew the total number of daily searches.
- Implemented never before seen cutting-edge caching techniques on iOS to create a blazingly fast search experience.
- Helped redesign multiple search product features, to better allow users to effectively navigate throughout the Facebook iOS app.
- Refactored tens of thousands of old lines of Facebook iOS code to make them easier to understand, easier to work with, and more sustainable.
- Integrated logging and analytics functionality for searches that enabled us to track important company metrics and better understand what our users were doing and how we can better improve their experience. This functionality was required to work reliably, quickly, and efficiently at a scale few other companies in the world deal with.
Lead Software Engineer (Freelance)2017 - 2017United Restaurants
- Designed front-end and back-end for this GrubHub-style multi-vendor food delivery platform, including the consumer-facing site that allows users to signup and login, find restaurants near them, edit their preferences, place orders, and edit their shopping cart.
- Parsed and imported MySQL database featuring over 100 million rows of restaurant and menu data into production PostgreSQL database.
- Built vendor dashboard that allows vendors to confirm orders, view their sales history, edit their menu, view their past orders and users, and edit their preferences, and implemented Stripe and Stripe Connect to allow payments.
- Developed an admin dashboard that allowed customer support reps to chat with restaurants, manage disputes, track and modify orders, and handle payments logistics.
- Created a sleek, easy-to-use, and elegant front-end that provides an easy yet rich user experience.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Scoutsee
- Fully designed and built out an iOS app to include product catalog search, push notifications, social media sharing, and back-end analytics, as well as the consumer-facing site designed to onboard users and business customers.
- Built deep linking system on iOS and Android that determined which channel drove a new user, helping focus marketing expenses on only the most efficient channels.
- Developed a business-facing dashboard to include user management, sales statistics with a selectable date range, user messaging, and product catalog management that helped increase brand engagement by 100%.
- Implemented back-end analytics to help measure and track important company metrics and understand what our users were doing and how we can better improve their experience.
- Integrated multiple social media SDKs and APIs into both our backend API, such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, as well as other third-party SDKs.
- Implemented a complex commission tracking and affiliate marketing link accounting system that enabled us to keep track of all the products each of our influencers sold, when they sold them, and the commission they should receive from each sale.
CTO2015 - 2016Soirée
- Helped found the venture-funded company aimed at helping millennials meet through local nightlife events. Initially hired as a freelancer, and later brought on as CTO.
- Designed and coded iOS app and backend server APIs that enabled signup/login, events registration, notifications, profiles, and messaging.
- Built a sophisticated back-end automated system that feeds geographical information and user data into an algorithm that automatically generates real-life local events at venues based on user demand density.
- Helped built analytics into the app and back-end server, to enable us to understand our user behavior and effectively target our ad spend.
- Developed an extensive vendor dashboard for venues to plan, host, and manage their upcoming soirées.
Founder2014 - 2015Third Rail
- Built Third Rail, an iOS transit app that uses complex geolocation tracking, traffic predictions, and routing, to tell you exactly when to leave your current location to get to your next bus or train exactly as it arrives, no waiting required.
- Coded back-end APIs that handled user registration, authentication, location handling, and more.
- Ingested hundreds of thousands of lines of MTA data using a combination of web scraping and API consumption.
- Implemented iOS push notifications that were required to be delivered at a precise time and without fail.
- Integrated analytics into the mobile app in order to understand user behavior, such as at which time the app was most popular, in which places, on which train/bus lines, which was used to extrapolate a hypothesis on user and direct marketing efforts.