Verified Expert in Engineering
Shalu has nine years of experience in IT as a software developer and technical co-founder. She has worked for companies like Amadeus, Fidelity, and her own startup. Shalu has worked with applications ranging from giant monoliths, microservices, and cloud migration of live financial services legacy systems to microservices from scratch. She has worked in a small startup and large organizations and has led and mentored technical teams in her last two roles.
Eclipse, Git, Jira, Linux, Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...thing I’ve developed is a visual search engine, using a mix of web crawlers, Elasticsearch, machine learning, and the Google Vision API to label images.
Senior Analyst Programmer
- Worked on the migration of Fidelity's fund reference data system from legacy PL/SQL, Informatica, and EAGLE workflows to Java and Spring Boot microservices.
- Created a distributed scheduler, using Quartz to schedule and run jobs across services.
- Implemented services for initial and continuous data migration, which could not be migrated using ETL frameworks and tools due to the complexity of mappings and data gaps.
- Used a new relic to identify and optimize performance issues. Resolved different security issues and set up security guidelines for the team.
Co-founder and CTO
Sniffer Technologies Pvt Ltd, Gurgaon
- Worked on the back-end architecture and deployments for IBM SoftLayer and AWS EC2. Implemented web crawlers for events and experiences. Used Stanford NLP, Elasticsearch, and ML algorithms to provide meaningful insights to the users and business.
- Implemented algorithms to predict fake bookings on the platform and the customer's arrival time at the venue.
- Hired and mentored interns and hires who worked on iOS, Android, front-end applications, and bots for marketing automation.
- Designed and automated email retargeting and a notification system.
- Worked on the development of the flight search's upsell modules in Java.
- Led a project for Flex-Pricer and upsell modules in India and France as a technical coordinator and scrum master.
- Worked on enriching unit tests and implementing change requests for flight search modules.
Fake Booking Prediction
KribX APIs (Fractional Ownership)https://www.f6s.com/kribx
Traderspod Back end (Crypto Fantasy)
Spring Boot, JPA, Spring, Spring Integration, OAuth 2, Spring Security, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Swagger
REST APIs, JMS, Quartz, OpenAPI, Apigee, Stanford NLP, SendGrid API
Git, Postman, Jira, IBM MQ, Kibana, Splunk, Travis CI, SonarQube, Checkmarx, Subversion (SVN), Eureka, IBM UrbanCode Deploy
Eclipse, Linux, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)), Oracle, Amazon EC2, New Relic, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, Docker
Database Structure, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, Redis
Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, APIs, Back-end, Algorithms, Spring Cloud, Cloud Foundry, Cloud Migration, Data Scraping, Web Scraping, Architecture, Scraping, Integration, Amazon RDS, Layer7 API Gateway, IBM SoftLayer, Linear Regression, K-means Clustering
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra - Kurukshetra, India