Verified Expert in Engineering
Mobile App Development Developer
Yusuf is a full-stack developer specializing in React Native, React, and Node.js. He has built multiple platforms and rich, interactive mobile apps used by millions in the event ticketing, HR, and healthcare sectors. His innovative updates to a recruitment agency's app reduced the agency's paper workflow by 75%, making onboarding significantly quicker. Yusuf is proficient with payment and calendar integrations, streaming media, third-party APIs, and real-time tracking.
Slack, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), GitLab
The most amazing...
...app that I've created was for BLOCO—I developed an event ticketing app that handles 3,000 ticket sales in 30 minutes with over 100 requests per second.
- Developed a nursery management application that records kids' activities such as meals, sleep time, and diaper changes, as well as enables video stories and voice recordings. Built on React Native, Node.js, Firebase, and MongoDB.
- Implemented push notifications and camera integration for short video recordings such as for stories and voice recording for short comments.
- Created a custom website builder using Node.js, Vue.js, and G Cloud App engine with custom and pre-assigned domains. Used the Google domain verification API to configure each domain with an HTTPS certificate automatically.
- Built a mobile application with React Native for Arabica Kuwait with location integration, a real-time order tracking feature using Firebase, and integrated with KNET payment gateway.
- Integrated Stripe using Node.js for subscriptions and one-time payments. Configured webhooks to prompt and charge for subscriptions.
React Native Developer
- Spearheaded the entire app's UI/UX design using Figma, which streamlined the development process and ensured a seamless user experience.
- Developed the entire app's UI in just under a week, showcasing not only my proficiency with design tools but also my ability to deliver high-quality results within tight deadlines.
- Witnessed the privilege of overseeing the first users successfully obtaining their residence permits through our app, marking a significant milestone in the project's effectiveness and user experience.
React Native Developer
Burgeon Labs SA
- Developed a Graph to track health metrics using Terra API and Amplify.
- I fixed bugs that improved the application's performance for a better user experience.
- Started revamping the internal application for the clinics to have control of their patients' data.
- Created a different project structure to allow new developers to work on it easily.
Senior Mobile Developer
City Ticket LLC
- Built custom components for all the features for reusability for a pay-with-rewards app.
- Implemented GraphQL with the useQuery hook to improve performance.
- Built the customer-facing MVP application in under a month to match the client's expectations.
Senior React Native Developer
- Fixed bugs and improved user experience and performance in iOS apps, working full- and part-time.
- Developed a custom provider to reuse a feature in multiple aspects of the React Native app.
- Wrote unit and integration tests for all features I built.
- Managed an SDK built for React Native Web and Cordova.
[Toptal Projects] Senior React Native Developer
- Developed a feature to relate vaccines with diseases using health information from CSV to create a data model in SQL for a health SaaS.
- Wrote a custom code to convert CSV and Excel files to JSON.
- Integrated the vaccine feature with the React front end.
React Native Developer
Brock Freeman dba Tinble
- Fixed a bug that stopped the geolocation feature from working in an innovative app that makes tourists live like locals.
- Wrote the documentation for future maintenance on the project.
- Added a Git version control to help track changes and improve code tracking.
- Simplified a query that took ten minutes down to a minute. Improved the whole efficiency of the React Native application.
- Cleaned up part of the codebase and made some changes to the TypeScript implementation.
- Fixed a timeout issue with google calendars API. which syncs with CouchDB.
Synthesis School, Inc
- Developed a multi-authenticated user feature to help multiple users stay logged in during a session in the web app, working in a team building web apps for the education industry.
- Fixed the bugs affecting the performance of the web app.
- Changed the code structure to follow a more streamlined approach to development.
- Built a custom CRM that consists of calendar and task management, push notifications using Firebase, and real-time updates. Created a custom application form generator using the Django REST framework, React, and PostgreSQL.
- Configured deployment scripts for deploying and coding on a Linux (Ubuntu) machine using SSH and GitLab workflow.
- Integrated a third-party document verification API to vary the compliance document of the worker, which was also configured with the web-hook to change the status of the document on the database.
- Integrated a document verification API that uses images to verify the authenticity of identification documents used by event planners to verify attendees. Built on React Native with a third-party API.
- Integrated a React Native camera for an event ticket scan application that scans tickets bought on the event ticketing platform.
- Built a custom PDF invoice generator for a ticketing website using Puppeteer and Node.js. Nodemailer was used to send out the HTML template email with the invoice attached.
- Managed a team of three consisting of a full-stack developer and a junior front-end developer to build and ship multiple features on BLOCO UK.
- Built a modal payment SDK used as an embed across multiple websites as a plug-and-play. Built with Vue.
- Developed a Node.js back end that helps staff onboard students for study abroad programs and assigns them to a university that fits their criteria.
- Built a Node.js reporting script that notifies the company of their sales to a Slack channel using a Slack Web API.
- Constructed a question and answer online test for students using Node.js, MongoDB, and React. Integrated Google Sheets API to add each test into a specific sheet using the Google Cloud service account.
- Developed an internal mobile application using React Native and Firebase for managers to track driver's deliveries status and manage their assigned tasks with real-time updates and status updates.
- Integrated a job scheduler using the Google Cloud Scheduler to email customers.
- Built a media streaming API using Node.js, FFmpeg, and the Google Cloud storage to create a playlist for multiple resolutions of a video uploaded.
- Configured Kubernetes to deploy a microservices Node.js API and React website.
- Led a team of four, including designers and software developers, to implement dozens of new product features on the TRY ticketing platform.
I integrated a QR code scanner using the camera API in React Native. and a Google site verification API to assign custom domains to an app engine service for each white label website.
I integrated Stripe for subscriptions and on-time payment, taking advantage of their webhooks to automate processes such as payment notifications and updates. I built an atomic cart system on MongoDB to enable consistency of ticket stock, a custom invoice generator to generate PDF invoices, and a CSV, Excel, and PDF downloader for a list of ticket sales and other related data.
First Active 365 CRMhttps://apps.apple.com/pk/app/first-active-365/id1557145476
I integrated push notifications using FCM Firebase using Firebase SDK on Django and React Native. These updates reduced the agency's paper workflow by 75%, making the process of onboarding significantly quicker and easier.
React Native, Express.js, Redux, Next.js, Django, NestJS, Svelte, Angular, Flutter
React, Node.js, MobX, React Navigation, REST APIs, React Native for Web, Puppeteer, Vue, Google Calendar API, Redux-Saga, AWS Amplify
Expo.io, Slack, GitLab, Redux Thunk, JSX, Expo, Auth0, SendGrid, Figma
REST, Mobile Development, App Development, Mobile App Design
Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Linode, Google App Engine, Android, iOS, Bluetooth LE, MacOS, Twilio, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Back4App, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), CouchDB, Databases
Software Engineering, Software Development, Mobile App Development, Front-end, MobX-State-Tree (MST), Dashboards, SDKs, Leadership, User Experience (UX), Full-stack, Integration, Third-party Integration, Back-end, Styled-components, Push Notifications, Data Visualization, Video Streaming, Digital Video, Deployment, Videos, Tutoring, CI/CD Pipelines, Digital Electronics, Location Tracking, Geofencing, Chatbots, Mobile GPS, Design, GetStream.io, Fintech, Bluetooth
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Bangalore University - Bangalore, India