Senior Front-end Developer2017 - 2020Aptiv
Technologies: Less, Lodash, React Hooks, React, Redux-observable, SVG, Redux, TypeScript, ECMAScript (ES6)
- Architected the front-end codebase of 3 separate projects.
- Worked closely with the designer to implement pixel-level designs.
- Built SVG zoom in/out, panning, drag and drop, and resizing.
- Refactored the Drivelogs project with React hooks, redux-observable, and safetype-actions.
- Developed/maintained the nuScenes project from scratch.
Senior Front-end Developer2016 - 2017XChangeRate
Technologies: Less, Lodash, WebSockets, Bitcoin, Stripe, ECMAScript (ES6), Webpack, TypeScript, Redux, React
- Built the front-end codebase from scratch. Integrated TypeScript, Webpack, Jest, and other tools into the production level.
- Built tens of common control elements with flexible parameters and designs, including buttons, dropdowns, tooltips, tabs, check boxes, and more.
- Integrated bitcoin payment and Stripe for credit card payments.
- Used websockets for real-time cryptocurrency trades.
Front-end Web Developer2016 - 2017European Bioinformatics Institute
Technologies: Lodash, Apache Wicket, jQuery, CSS3
- Worked for the project European PMC.
Front-end Web Developer2014 - 2016RingCentral XMN
Technologies: Lodash, Gulp.js, Sass, React, AngularJS
- Helped to develop a platform to support RingCentral API developers based on AngularJS.
- Built the mobile site from scratch using React.
- Replaced Grunt by Gulp to enhance the front-end automation workflow.
- Developed a bunch of flexible Angular components, including Carousal, Flippable images, Sliders, etc.
- Started and maintained open source project Angular-sui, which integrates AngularJS and Semantic-UI.
Bioinformatics Specialist2012 - 2014Genome Institute of Singapore
Technologies: Lodash, Django, jQuery, D3.js
- Built the front-end system to draw various and large-scale Bioinformatics data using D3.js.
- Supported diverse Bioinformatics formats, including BED, BAM, Gene, and PSL.
- Supported more flexible parameters to enable users to have more control on the figure plotting, including four plotting modes: full, dense, packed, and squish.
- Designed and implemented partial loading and parallel drawing from multiple sources for the sake of performance.
- Communicated with back-end APIs to retrieve dynamic data.