Senior Front-end Developer2017 - 2018SplashMining
Technologies: ES6, TypeScript, Redux, Axios, Rechart, Webpack
- Architected the front-end codebase.
- Developed tens of common control elements, like buttons, dropdowns, and text fields.
- Worked closely with the designer to implement pixel-level designs.
- Integrated Stripe for credit card payment.
- Plotted SVG diagrams on the user dashboard.
Senior Front-end Developer2016 - 2017XChangeRate
Technologies: React.js, Redux, TypeScript, Webpack, ES6, Stripe, Bitcoin, Web Sockets
- Built the front-end codebase from scratch. Integrated TypeScript, Webpack, Jest, and other tools into the production level.
- Built tens of common control elements with flexible parameters and designs, including buttons, dropdowns, tooltips, tabs, check boxes, and more.
- Integrated bitcoin payment and Stripe for credit card payments.
- Used web sockets for real-time cryptocurrency trades.
Front-end Web Developer2016 - 2017European Bioinformatics Institute
Technologies: CSS3, jQuery, Wicket
- Worked for the project European PMC.
Front-end Web Developer2014 - 2016RingCentral XMN
Technologies: AngularJS, React.js, Sass, Gulp
- Helped to develop a platform to support RingCentral API developers based on AngularJS.
- Built the mobile site from scratch using React.js.
- Replaced Grunt by Gulp to enhance the front-end automation workflow.
- Developed a bunch of flexible Angular components, including Carousal, Flippable images, Sliders, etc.
- Started and maintained open source project Angular-sui, which integrates AngularJS and Semantic-UI.
Bioinformatics Specialist2012 - 2014Genome Institute of Singapore
Technologies: D3.js, jQuery, Django
- Built the front-end system to draw various and large-scale Bioinformatics data using D3.js.
- Supported diverse Bioinformatics formats, including BED, BAM, Gene, and PSL.
- Supported more flexible parameters to enable users to have more control on the figure plotting, including four plotting modes: full, dense, packed, and squish.
- Designed and implemented partial loading and parallel drawing from multiple sources for the sake of performance.
- Communicated with back-end APIs to retrieve dynamic data.
- Splash Mining (Development)
Splash Mining is a multi-algorithm cryptocurrency cloud mining service that is powered by solar energy. Our operators are both experts in solar energy management and cryptocurrency mining. We are guided by professional ethos that is the sum of our core values.
- XChangeRate (Development)https://xchangerate.io
A unified interface to manage your trades across all major exchanges along with powerful metrics to increase profit.
- DPW (Developers Portal Web) (Development)https://developers.ringcentral.com/
DPW is a web application to support developers of the RingCentral RESTful APIs. It includes public pages, a WordPress-based blog, developers’ dashboard, and administrators’ dashboard. It is based on AngularJS, React.js, and jQuery.
I am one of the key front-end developers. I have developed most of the static pages and participated in the development of the dashboards and mobile site.
- BASIC (Browser for Applications in Sequencing and Integrated Comparisons) (Development)
BASIC is an integrated system to efficiently store, process, and visualize large columns of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. It provides real-time storage and visualization of large-scale bioinformatics data.
I was the sole developer of the BASIC front-end. I designed and implemented the powerful and flexible data visualization feature using D3.js.
FrameworksMaterial-UI, Redux, Bootstrap, AngularJS
Libraries/APIsReact, Node.js, Lodash, jQuery, D3.js
ToolsGulp.js, Webpack, Mercurial, Git
OtherChrome Extensions, Semantic UI
- Master of Science degree in Bioinformatics2008 - 2011National University of Singapore - Singapore
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Information Systems2004 - 2008Renmin University of China - Beijing, China