Shashank is a back-end engineer who has worked on a range of products and clients from working on scalability problems in production engineering teams at Razorpay, Urbanclap, and HealthKart to developing MVP products for small businesses. He has a track record of mobilizing resources to start new ventures and drive ideas from inception to execution. Whether it’s projects or organizations, he's a self-starter.
ExperienceSoftware Architecture - 10 yearsMicroservices - 6 yearsPayment Gateways - 5 yearsJava - 5 yearsSpring Boot - 4 yearsGo - 4 yearseCommerce - 3 yearsNode.js - 3 years
Sublime Text, IntelliJ
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is convert a large part of the codebase into rules expression and executed it via rule engine; this improved the success rate of the payments.
- Designed and developed a lot of microservices for the cross-border payment system, such as compliance, funding, and payout.
- Wrote complex flows to accurately calculate the conversion rates between different currencies and the arrival time accordingly.
- Crafted the system using microservices and GRPC on AWS.
Grover Group GmbH
- Created and launched the card product from scratch, powered by Solaris bank APIs.
- Developed end-to-end understanding of how cards are issued in Germany and performed integrations with the existing eCommerce portal.
- Followed sprints and tracked processes on Jira and slack bots.
Senior Software Developer
- Led the concept of a smart routing engine that selects the best terminal out of thousands for a payment, serving 500+ TPS.
- Architected and worked extensively on the rule engine (3000 TPS).
- Performed various tasks like rate limiting and distributed locking via Redis and migrated the entire Redis Cache to cluster mode.
- Converted a lot of hard code into rules and got it executed by the rule engine.
- Served as a core team member involved in migrating the huge monolith codebase to a distributed microservice architecture.
Senior Software Developer
Tila - eCommerce marketplace in middle east
- Led the team of four engineers and completely build the major platform APIs and services from scratch on a scale.
- Architected and worked extensively on Incentive engine which provides real-time discounts and offers using self build rule-engine.
- Designed and implemented the checkout flow from the cart to placing the order.
- Involved in all major product level design.
Co-founder and CTO
Osperi - customized beauty products based upon your skin type
- Built an end-to-end technology infrastructure in Node.js, Mongo, and other BE/FE technologies.
- Built an auth server for WiFiDog that provides free public wifi to strengthen the marketing efforts.
- Pioneered and Implemented virtual consultation, reducing customer acquisition costs by 30%.
- Built a solid scheduling platform to book doctor appointments.
- Hired multiple developers, followed regular standups, sprint meetings, and more.
Full-stack Software Developer
Urbanclap - service marketplace
- Developed a coupon engine (Node.js/Java) that increased user conversion rate by 70%.
- Worked on the matching algorithm to assign the best possible service provider for the customer request.
- Developed the consumer Android app from scratch; it has 1+ million downloads.
HealthKart - eCommerce marketplace of health products
- Worked with a team of five engineers to ship growth-bending products and modularized the codebase.
- Pioneered and Implemented a customized diet plan feature that resulted in increasing the overall engagement.
- Developed the eCommerce app from scratch, and it now has 1+ million downloads.
OkCustomer — eCommerce WhatsApp Bot for Digital India
Things users can do with OkCustomer:
* Create their shop on our Whatsapp bot.
* Accept payments via UPI, credit debit card, and net banking.
* Accept COD orders.
* Generate offer links and share.
* Receive enquires and automatically get new customers.
* Start a reward program.
* Ask customers to book appointments.
* Send interactive offers/discounts/scratch cards.
* Send images, videos, and other media.
* Create quizzes, and stamp collection to start giveaways programs.
* Bulk SMS.
* New product launch updates.
* Pre-book products.
* Customer enquires.
CodersRank — Turn Your Code Into Your Digital Developer Profile and Get Hired Fasterhttps://codersrank.io/
By default, CodersRank only considers public repositories, however, most developers have their code in private repositories. We wanted to give them the chance to improve their scores too by adding their private repositories. Private repos are private for a reason: Therefore, this script extracts only the most important information:
- Number of inserted lines in each commit
- Number of deleted lines in each commit
- Other information—such as remote URLs, file names, emails, names—is hashed, enabling to know if two commits belong to the same file without knowing the file's name.
Moreover, the output is saved to the users' machine and they can check what data is extracted and decide whether they want to share it with us or not.
When a repository is analyzed, two repositories are used: the repo and its library repository. The repository is responsible for recognizing the languages and export the imported libraries. The libraries contain a list of supported libraries, imports, and technologies they belong to.
Captive Portal in Node.js Using WIFI Doghttps://github.com/shank318/Wifidog-node-mongodb-auth-server
REST APIs, Node.js, Protobuf, Quartz, ReactiveX, EJS
Microservices Architecture, Rule-based Programming, Microservices, Agile, REST
Technical Leadership, eCommerce, Payment Gateways, Software Architecture, Redis Clusters, Distributed Systems, Fintech, Prometheus, Architecture
Spring Boot, gRPC, Spring, Bootstrap, NestJS
Jira, Slack, RabbitMQ, Open Rules Engine, IntelliJ, Sublime Text, GoLand, JBoss Drools, NGINX, Kibana, Sumo Logic, Kafka Streams, ELK (Elastic Stack), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
Apache Kafka, Android, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Heroku, Amazon EC2, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Science
Uttar Pradesh Technical University - Lucknow, India