CTO2014 - 2016Gummicube
Technologies: Meteor, Python, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Designed and developed a SaaS to provide mobile search data and analysis for App Store optimization. Clients included multinationals such as Viacom and Gree.
- Automated deployment and monitoring for 60+ servers across 10+ regions and hosting providers, including EC2.
- Managed a development team of 4, including interviewing and managing a remote developer.
- Managed over 4TB of data in DynamoDB with hundreds of millions of records.
- Developed distributed data scraping and analysis nodes using Python and greenlet, and communicated via AWS SQS.
Co-founder, CDO2011 - 2013FableLabs
Technologies: Unity, C#, Python, Flask, Couchbase, MySQL
- Designed and developed tools for narrative writers to create content for free-to-play games.
- Enhanced existing code generation tools to create boiler plate classes that handle serialization and parsing of game objects for Unity/C#.
- Actively pursued talent to steadily grow the company from a team of 5 to 15.
- Set up and maintained the back-end server running Flask + Python + Couchbase to handle user data.
- Researched existing hidden object games and designed game variations that fit the company's free-to-play paradigm.
Co-founder, CTO2008 - 2011Tribal Crossing
Technologies: Flash, ActionScript, PHP, Couchbase, Python, Flask
- Designed and developed a viral polling application on Facebook that reached over 2M MAU.
- Designed and developed social free-to-play game that reached over 500k MAU and 5M players for the lifetime of the game.
- Measured new user acquisition effectiveness through paid channels.
- Built tools to track and analyze user actions and monetization patterns.
- Tracked and iterated an in-game tutorial to improve the success rate of the user onboarding funnel.
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2008PIX System
- Designed, developed, and maintained tools for asset management in film productions. Clients included major films such as The Social Network and Star Trek, as well as industry giants like Brad Pitt and David Fincher.
- Designed and developed a set-top box that runs on Mac Mini for viewing film assets.
- Developed a web application for reviewing film assets and note taking.
- Developed server software that performs file synchronization across regions to provide a simple but private CDN for clients.
- Participated in product design and user behavior research.