Software Engineer2015 - PRESENT4rc.io (via Toptal)
Technologies: Dropwizard, AWS SES, Redshift, PostgreSQL, Java
- Built RESTful endpoints for purchase and invoicing workflow.
- Designed HTML emails for invoicing.
- Developed a service to generate and send invoice emails.
- Built RESTful endpoints for user account management.
Software Engineer2011 - 2014Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Developed a new SPA-style web app for administering firewalls and specifying access policies for classified web-based services. The web app was built with Ext JS on the front-end and a RESTful Spring- and Hibernate-based back-end.
- Overhauled a complicated GWT-based application module for handling the workflow for requesting and approving personnel access to classified programs.
- Designed and implemented a stand-alone service to perform content inspection on uploaded files for use in a classified file sharing system. Used JMS (for reliable asynchronous communications and load-balancing) and Guava's ListenableFuture API (to manage concurrent inspection processes).
- Integrated new and existing applications into an OpenAM-based single-sign-on framework to support access-controlled user sessions based on authorizations returned by the SSO server.
- Profiled and diagnosed performance issues in our SSO service until it met performance requirements (doubled the requests/minute).
- Offered meaningful and polite feedback in hundreds of code reviews for teammates and student co-ops.
Software Engineer2006 - 2011Veloxiti, Inc.
Technologies: SOAP, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Protégé, Java, C++
- Designed and implemented the next version of Veloxiti's core product, a C++-based cognitive engine, as part of a small development team.
- Developed a graphical knowledge editing tool for Veloxiti's cognitive engine, built as a set of Java plugins to the Protege ontology editor.
- Built a Java application to extract structured data from military operation orders and tactical chat using the GATE natural language processing toolkit.
- Implemented Java- and Soap-based web services to communicate among Veloxiti's cognitive engine, a tool processing tactical mIRC chat, and the Army's Command Post of the Future.
- Performed background research, interviewed experts, and wrote the final report for an SBIR Phase I project to build an expert system to assist in the estimation of Human Systems Integration costs in Naval acquisitions.