Verified Expert in Engineering
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer
Shivakumar is a seasoned Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) developer working on enterprise application development. For the past eight years, he's worked in WCM with AEM, formerly Adobe CQ5, and is keen on Java web application development using Struts, Spring, and Hibernate. Shivakumar is currently looking for a tech-functional role leading AEM projects' technical implementation while focusing on the organization's overall business objectives by regularly interacting with product owners or clients.
Apache Sling, Java 8, OSGi Services, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Forms 6, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is an AEM plugin called Semantic Booster for a UK-based client, Mekon. Mekon was able to sell the licenses to multiple clients worldwide.
AEM Lead Developer
- Re-implemented the order chat table for Shell MarketHub 1.0 Marine, entirely restructuring the marine lighthouse table, order details page, and views management functionality. I was awarded as the best individual contributor in 2018 (Q1).
- Prevented multiple requests made to the AEM back end to fetch the same menu that JSON required on every page of the SMH. I used client-side caching resulting in page loads of MarketHub (except Hybris pages) faster by 750ms to one second.
- Performed adaptive image renditions based on the size and location of the page. For all the heavily sized images, suitable images renditions were generated and used according to the size of the image container.
- Built the integration in the AEM back end to use the Salesforce REST API for contact creation and updates on the contact flow, contact de-activation, and deletion for the project blaze. SMH uses Salesforce CRM through an API built with Apigee.
- Re-implemented the Shell MarketHub login page through a new login and landing page to make it completely authorable.
- Integrated Buto.tv in four AEM components, thereby allowing SMH to enable Buto.tv-hosted videos accessibility in SMH pages.
- Implemented lazy images to decrease page load time by loading them asynchronously to the page load event.
- Worked as a technical lead and developed the Marine GSAP integration project from January to March 2020. This enabled action status updates to flow from GSAP to Marine, reducing COS efforts.
- Recognized with the best performing team award in 2020 (Q1) and SMH people choice award in October 2020 (Q4).
- Worked on the ongoing migration of the playstation.com B2C site to AEM 6.2 (from 5.6).
- Redesigned the technical architecture for the AEM platform on AEM 6.2.
- Developed new Sightly components, modified old JSTL and JSP components, OSGi services, custom workflows, Sling schedulers, listeners, Sling servlets, and used AngularJS to build a few pages.
- Integrated the system with Adobe tools like Search&Promote, Scene7, Adobe Target, and DTM.
- Built custom widgets and custom search functionalities.
AEM Technical Consultant
- Involved in requirements gathering and the discovery phase. I also helped migrate the wegmans.com site to AEM 6.1.
- Redesigned the technical architecture for the AEM platform. I also developed Sightly components, custom workflows, Sling schedulers, listeners, and Sling servlets.
- Integrated the system with Adobe Target and DTM. I also developed custom widgets and search functionalities.
- Created a custom replication process and customized search functionalities in AEM assets and DAM to meet the client's requirements.
Java Software Developer
Mscripts Systems India Private Limited
- Developed an Android app that helps patients in the US keep track of their prescriptions, doctor appointments, scan reports, order prescriptions, and medicine reminders via family members.
- Took part in a team of Java back-end developers who implemented the back-end APIs for the Android and iOS app to consume.
- Oversaw test automation scripts written in Selenium. Developed a data-driven test automation framework that created daily reports to keep track of regression issues through the release cycle.
Java Software Developer
Mahindra Satyam Computer Services Limited
- Worked on a B2B application for Optus telecom based out of Australia. I was part of the Java development team that developed web applications based on the Apache Struts framework.
- Owned the development of Java-based RESTful API services for Optus business applications.
- Built an order creation platform that business users can handle to create different combo plans for end users to choose from on their front-end facing applications.
My technical responsibilities included:
Development of new reports and widgets (for the US fuels business) and Sightly components, modification of old JSTL and JSP components, OSGi services, custom workflows, Sling schedulers, custom JCR event listeners, and Sling servlets.
Integration with NGAP and the relational database.
Integration of the following services with AEM (UAM): Salesforce CRM, microservices, SOAP web services, and REST services (Shell legacy applications exposing REST services or integration with third-party REST services.)
Microservices implementation with Sprint Boot for the aviation business
Development of modules for marine, aviation, and UAM.
Leading cross-business implementation activities for marine, aviation, blaze, and AEM/UAM CRs.
As part of this project, we started by identifying the base page and home page templates, recognizing the reusable components required to be developed apart from reusing the out-of-the-box components. We also performed integration with Target and DTM and handled content migration scripts to migrate their thousands of products and recipes.
Under Armour Brandhttps://www.underarmour.com/
UnderArmour brand was one of the most complex projects that Adobe handled. This project required a lot of customization of AEM assets functionalities to suit the client's requirements. We heavily customized AEM project creation, AEM assets search and replication functionality (activation and de-activation), and collections. We created a new site called "Vendor Portal" where only the published assets would reside ordered by brands and published date. Many custom workflows were designed to handle expired assets, automatically de-activating them from being published, moving projects to a different location based on the attributes selected while project creation, creating custom renditions when assets are uploaded, and more. Also, we performed integration with InDesign, making assets modified in InDesign automatically available in AEM and vice versa—a two-way synchronization.
REST APIs, jQuery, Node.js, React
Apache Sling, Sightly, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Forms 6, Apache Maven, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), AWS SDK
OSGi Services, Query Builder API, Data Structures, APIs, Back-end, Technical Writing, Engineering, Computer Networking, Algorithms, Portals, Computer Science, Front-end, Branding, Architecture, Cloud Architecture, IT Product Management, Metadata, Technical Documentation
OSGi, Apache Struts 2
AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Engineer's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Sapthagiri College of Engineering - Bengaluru
AEM 6 Developer Certification