Verified Expert in Engineering
Solutions Architect and Developer
Shobith is a proficient engineer with over 14 years of experience as a senior application and solution architect working with industry giants. He is an expert at utilizing a diverse range of technology stacks, such as Java, Angular, Spring, SQL, Python, C++, and C#, to develop applications for the healthcare industry. Shobith is experienced in the Health Cloud, data at scale, electronic health records (EHR), Genome, DICOM, HL7, OMOP, and various SQL and NoSQL data formats.
Teams, Slack, Outlook, Windows, MacOS, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've built is a best-in-class EHR application in three months which generated $12 million in revenues (Klasresearch.com).
Senior Technical Architect
- Worked on developing a clinical decision support system that can detect diseases early on and recommend screenings. The system personalized treatments by identifying genetic variations that may impact a patient's response to a particular medication.
- Created the data platform and pipelines for large-size genome and DNA samples, including FASTQ, BAM, and VCF, with over 100 petabytes of raw data per minute.
- Collected and handled patient data from more than 200 hospitals. Linked all the relevant data and enabled downstream applications.
- Built an application that handles test wastewater samples for viruses and other harmful substances and captures data from a chemistry and genome lab. The result data is wrangled in the wastewater data platform before displaying in a dashboard.
- Developed a cohort creation application that standardizes electronic health record (EHR) data and seamlessly provides clinical data insights to the users.
- Led the development of cloud-based electronic health records with an image records application, a systemized collection of patient and population electronically stored lab information in a digital format.
- Drove the technical vision for the product idea, planning, and overall architecture design. Carried out continuous dialog with the customers and stakeholders as per the defined SAFe Agile methodology.
- Designed and implemented a data platform using the in-house data lake and data warehouse. Provided the capability to query data from multiple data sources and visualization in a dashboard.
- Developed a Class A medical product that demands strict quality gates, embeds the high cultural aspects of integrity, and promotes clean coding.
- Built and implemented an informatics project on oncology which demanded data from various sources displayed in an Angular dashboard to help the doctors assess the clinical course of action.
Senior Technical Specialist
- Designed working software on neuro electroencephalogram (EEG) signal data and MRI images. Worked on a C++/Qt-related project based on a Windows system.
- Codesigned and developed a unique way to store Philips EEG data, which has become a defacto standard now for PEF.
- Worked on a RemoteEMU, a web application developed in Angular and Java which aggregates the data from multiple neuro servers and provides TeamViewer access to the local machines.
- Developed the solution for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), primarily used to identify lung abnormalities. Worked on a C#-based project on a CT imaging platform.
- Contributed to the emphysema segmentation algorithm coordination, denoising filter, and application development.
- Worked extensively on image processing algorithms for the research team. Developed several prototypes in C++ and C#. Co-wrote a paper to automatically detect kidneys in planar images.
Software Engineer and Research Associate
- Participated in several realizations of the Philips research papers into application solutions for various Class A product lines such as Nuclear Medicine and Computed tomography.
- Implemented an algorithm (with reference to multiple research papers) to detect the background of the lung and other vital organs like the heart to eliminate the noise from the image.
- Worked extensively on image processing algorithms for the research team. Developed several prototypes in C++/C#. Isocontour algorithm. Well appreciated by clinicians and the research fraternity for its accurate measurement.
HealthSuite Digital Platformhttps://www.philips.ae/healthcare/innovation/about-health-suite
• Connect devices and data
• Aggregate clinical and consumer data
• Store and share data securely
• Build and deploy solutions in the cloud
• Support analysis
• Create solutions that make data actionable
IntelliSpace Portal Version 1.0 to 9.0https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/product/HC881072/intellispace-portal-advanced-visualization-solution
Cohort Search Toolhttps://www.g42healthcare.ai/our-work/digital-health/
Philips Neuro – EGI Applicationhttps://www.egi.com/clinical-division/clinical-division-clinical-products
Spring, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Spark, Presto DB, .NET, Angular
Microservices, Application Architecture, Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), DevOps, HIPAA Compliance, ETL, HL7 FHIR Standard, Scrum, Agile
Software Design Patterns, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Kafka, Jupyter Notebook, AWS Cloud Computing Services, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
PostgreSQL, Azure Cloud Services, MongoDB, MySQL, Redshift, BigTable
Cloud, Enterprise Application Development, Message Bus, Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Big Data, Data Engineering, Leadership, APIs, Documentation, Cloud Infrastructure, Software Design, Performance, API Integration, Scalability, Data Analytics, Data Privacy, Integration, Microsoft Azure, Enterprise Architecture, Data, Full-stack, Audits, SecOps, Azure Data Factory, AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Cloud Architecture, Research, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Data Structures, DICOM, Medical Imaging, EHR, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Coding, Solution Design, Digital, Solution Architecture, Software Architecture, Design, Medical Software, Software, Web Applications, Picture Archiving & Communication Systems (PACS), Infrastructure as Code (IaC), HITRUST Certification, Azure Synapse
Social Media APIs, React, NeuroLab
GitHub, Azure DevOps Services, RabbitMQ, Kibana, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), SMART on FHIR, Apache Airflow, Terraform, Helm, BigQuery
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering - Bangalore, India
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services
Huawei Cloud Certified Solution Architect
G42 Cloud | Huawei Cloud
Professional Agile Leadership