Front-End Engineer2016 - PRESENTWolters Kluwer
- Implemented features of a tax return cloud application doing heavy calculation on the client side.
- Acted as the front-end point of contact for a distributed team.
- Maintained several front-end build tools using Grunt and Gulp.
- Created and maintained several CI tools and scripts.
- Built front-end tests tools including a back-end mock in Node.js.
Software Engineer2016 - 2016Bentley Systems
Technologies: AngularJS, TypeScript, C#, ASP.NET MVC, SignalR, Open Layers, Grunt, C++
- Built tools to select geospatial data on a map using OpenLayers, Angular, and TypeScript.
- Built a crawler management app that allowed internal employees to see crawling activity in real-time using SignalR, Angular, TypeScript, and C#.
- Wrote regression tests for 3D application in C++.
- Implemented a feature for a CAD application using C++.
Software Developer2014 - 2014Ministry of Finance
- Built an intranet portal to analyze and share financial data using Knockout.js and C# MVC. It was a BI dashboard for financial analysts.
- Maintained desktop tools used for data centralization and aggregation inside the government. Part of them were Excel extensions built with C#.
- Optimized Oracle server queries to increase report generation speed.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013Trilliant Inc.
Technologies: C#, WPF, SQL Server, Entity Framework, Oracle, Crystal Report
- Built an application for managing client returns using C# and WPF. The application was handling all the process from receiving orders to reparation to shipping back to the client.
- Put in place reporting tools and automated report delivery among the enterprise.
- Built tools that were able to identify issues from productions and that made the company save millions.
- Built tools in order to import data from Excel files into the new system.
- Tax Returns Cloud Application (Development)
This project is a professional SASS product to help accountants do tax returns. It is involving many challenges on the front-end part since all the calculation is done on the client side and then validate via the server once it is submitted. Also, all government forms must be supported so it means that we had to build a tool that allowed form drawing. All those concerns forced me to keep in mind performance and do things such as precompilation of templates or lazy loading of resources.
Technologies used include: AngularJS, TypeScript, Node.js, MongoDB.
- Concept Station Open Roads (Development)
Concept Station is a professional CAD application that allows his user to draw roads, bridges, and rails in the real world. The software allows the user to get an estimate of his design according to terrain elevation and other data. The software has a simulation capability to make a short video of what the final result could look in real life.
That project was using C++, TypeScript, SQLite, and other 3D rendering library proprietary to Bentley Systems. My principal role in this team was to write the UI part and to implement importation features in C++.
- Crawler Management Console (Development)
The crawler management console is a tool that shows the activity a geospatial database crawler in real-time. It allows users to see which server are being found and see the data provided by the server. Users can then edit the data provided by the server, such as region that they covered and publish the data to Bentley Systems customers in order to use it in their applications.
This tool was part of a data cleaning process and was built using C#, ASP.NET MVC, SignalR, SQL Server, AngularJS, OpenLayers, and TypeScript.
- RMA Management Systems (Development)
This project is a tool that simplified the process of managing customer returns for Trilliant. This project was handling all parts of the process of RMA management from customer requests, to reparation support, billing, and the shipping back to the client.
This tool is written in C# and use WPF for the UI part, the database used for this is a SQL server and was deployed in the enterprise with a click once deployed.
- Izzy Home Services (Development)
Izzy Home Services is a handyman matching platform. Built using C# SQL server and deployed on Azure. One of the biggest challenges with this project was to provide a fast matching schedule between customers and available handymen.
- AroundMe (Development)
AroundMe is an app built with Meteor and a Java back-end. The back-end crawls the web to find articles and extract locations from those texts in order to index them. The app then shows in real-time articles from around the world, specifically where the user is.
- Automous Mobile Robot Using SIFT Features (Development)
This robot was an experiment combining a Kinect, a Roomba, and SIFT features recognition. The robot was able to localize and orient his self using SLAM and SIFT features. I was using defined images that the robot would recognize in his environment in order to evaluate his position.
This project involved a lot of image-processing and a Monte Carlo and tools like MATLAB and ROS were used.
- Ngrx and Angular 2 Tutorial: Building a Reactive Application (Publication)Building a reactive web application is a lot more about how you handle events and data flow in your applications than the tools you use to do so. However, Angular 2 with Ngrx seems to be the perfect combination for building reactive applications for many reasons. In this article, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Simon Boissonneault-Robert walks you through a reactive web application tutorial using Angular and Ngrx and shows how these two technologies make it easy to do that.
FrameworksAngularJS, Angular, Knockout.js
ToolsGrunt, Karma, Git, Gulp.js
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering2015 - 2016Université Laval - Québec, Canada
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2013 - 2015Université Laval - Québec, Canada