Full-stack Test Consultant - IT Security, Test Automation2017 - PRESENTSafebear, Ltd.
- Consulted with, and taught client testers ethical hacking. I performed penetration testing with Kali Linux, Burp Suite, OWASP Zap, and the ASVS standard to cover all the various attacks, and vulnerabilities.
- Consulted with, and taught client testers BDD (Behavior Driven Development), and TDD (Test Driven Development) in .NET (SpecFlow, and NUnit), and Java (Cucumber, and TestNG). I consulted with blue-chip companies on BDD, and TDD strategies.
- Consulted with, and taught client testers performance testing using JMeter. I wrote performance test strategies and risk assessments, and integrated JMeter into CI environments.
- Created the Blockchain course based on Ethereum, and Hyperledger. I also consulted with numerous companies on the technology.
- Created the course on Microservices and API testing. I also performed consultancy in this area, using REST Assured, and Postman.
Test, and IT Security Manager2014 - 2017TrakCel, Ltd.
Technologies: Selenium, Jenkins, JMeter, AWS OWASP Zap, Python, Jasmine, OpenVAS, nmap, Mobile Testing
- Developed, and implemented the test strategy, and test frameworks for manual, and automated testing for Web and Android Apps. The strategy and frameworks passed regulatory audits for medical device software. I performed GAMP 5 quality assurance reviews, including risk, and regulatory assessments, specifically 21 CFR Part 11, and Annex 11.
- Developed, and implemented the performance test framework with JMeter. I incorporated it into the CI pipeline, and generated reports that demonstrated we met customer SLAs.
- Implemented a security test framework using OWASP Zap, OpenVAS, nmap, and OWASP dependency checker that integrated with our CI pipeline. I performed penetration tests on all releases.
- Trained new staff in the latest function, and automated test techniques. I helped the company grow from a team of five employees to over sixty worldwide, and satisfied the QA requirements of our clients; some of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies.
- Supported ITSCM testing with our DevOps team using Cloud Native technologies.
- Integrated our test strategy into the company's Agile Scrum SDLC.
Infrastructure Test Manager2011 - 2012Fujitsu UK
Technologies: AIX, Wintel, Firewalls (Cisco), Networks, LPAR, BMC
- Developed, and implemented the test strategy for platinum-build Wintel and AIX VMs, and the production network.
- Created test plans for a team of six testers, estimated project costs, and handled test budgets and defect management for changes to both Wintel, and AIX (Unix) systems. I reported the testing status daily to project, and senior managers.
- Created the test strategy for network and firewall projects (across secure domains), including significant changes to the infrastructure.
- Managed the test strategy and phases for a rollout of over a hundred LPAR, and VM builds through to completion (the EPS Project).
- Implemented a build verification automation through BMC.
Availability Test Lead2008 - 2010EADS UK
Technologies: Visual Studio, C#, Facilita Windriver, QTP, Visual Basic, LoadRunner, Perform, SAR, Quality Centre, Oracle, SQL, .NET, VMware, SoapUI
- Established the non-functional test team on the FiReControl project, which dealt with system performance, and availability.
- Wrote test plans from a high, and low level, and contributed to the overall non-functional test strategy, including code control, and release management. Chaired customer meetings, and produced daily status reports.
- Developed Facilita Windriver automation scripts using C#, and Visual Studio.
- Developed, and executed QTP automation scripts using Visual Basic.
- Created, and ran LoadRunner scripts for performance testing. I also trained other team members in the use of these tools, along with Perfmon, and SAR.
- Oversaw Quality Centre for test case storage, defect management, and status reporting.
- Wrote, and executed performance tests on Oracle databases, SQL databases, and Windows systems running .NET applications. I wrote and performed availability tests (resilience, failover, and latency) on Oracle databases, SQL databases, and VMware. I used SoapUI (XML) to test web services.
Test Manager, and Technical Test Analyst2001 - 2007IBM UK
Technologies: Selenium, AIX, JMeter, QTP, Quality Centre, Perfmon, Rational Test
- Led the testing on multiple accounts for the NTL Project, and developed the overall test strategy for the program.
- Led an offshore test team (India), who performed much of the functional testing.
- Created the high level, and detailed test plans for projects covering ST, SIT, and UAT.
- Provided clear requirements, and design documentation for the customer, and technical teams.
- Led the Data-Migration test team for a legacy systems data extraction, and migration testing project.
- Provided test estimates for new projects using metrics recorded during testing.
- Led the team through the whole test lifecycle of system test, system integration test, performance, regression, and operational acceptance test.
- Received an IBM Bravo Award for rescuing a troubled project to replace legacy hardware on the CRM systems.
- Created, and executed non-functional test cases, covering failover, performance, latency, and scalability on the CLS banking project.
- Created infrastructure test cases for DB2, MQ, Websphere, Tivoli, and AIX.
- Created automation tests using the Rational Test suite and Selenium.
- Performed performance testing using JMeter, Perfmon, SAR, netstat, and shell scripting on AIX.
- Led a CLS Bank Test team through the whole test lifecycle of the system test, system integration test, performance, regression, and operational acceptance test.
- Created high-level, and detailed test plans for projects from customer requirements.
- Reported status to the customer, and managed handover to UAT.
- Produced estimates for the testing on each new project using test metrics gathered on similar projects.
- Defined test environment needs, and installed new test systems.
- Managed, and tracked defects reported in the test phases, and chased when necessary.
- Mentored new starters, and ensured the team had the skills and knowledge to create, and execute the test cases.
- Created, and executed test cases on a Websphere based messaging system for the POS till systems.