Chief Code Whisperer2014 - PRESENTFranq
Technologies: Node.js, Ember.js, PostgreSQL, Sass
- Created a general-purpose, minimal solution for offline-first data access.
- Contributed to the development of ember-cli in its early development.
- Developed a number of the first ember-cli addons, including ember-cli-sass, ember-cli-jstransform, and ember-select-transformer.
- Wrote a fixture factory module for Node.js called factory-girl.
- Wrote a simple logging module for Node.js called lugg.
- Led the solution architecture both on the front-end and back-end.
- Led the implementation of the agile development methodology within the team.
Software Consultant2013 - 2013Arcitecta PTY LTD
- Added a new ‘Search Layers’ capability to the existing Asset Map application in Mediaflux Desktop. This new functionality provides the ability for users to perform queries on very large datasets (multiple TBs) of metadata based on the geospatial shape of assets (e.g country borders, mapping information, the outline of facilities, planned routes, etc).
- Developed a pure-Java Styling API that provides similar capabilities to SASS, but using a pure-Java API. This allowed us to achieve separation of presentation and structure/content in the widget-based environment of GWT, and to avoid using inline styles to control visual presentation.
- Introduced a Futures-based asynchronous programming model, to replace the traditional callback/listener-based model used throughout the codebase.
- Introduced a generic EventEmitter approach to simplify Event Oriented Programming in Java, to replace the traditional listener-based model used throughout the codebase.
- Developed a general-purpose asset management system called Workspaces that provides workflows for the creation, management and export of assets. This was developed to provide a task management solution for DIGO (Defence Imagery and Geospatial Organisation), but also provides a foundational application within the Mediaflux Desktop that can be used for a wide vast array of different uses.
Owner, Architect, Tech Lead2008 - 2012Dimension27
- Provided consultancy and development services to a number of clients including BASF Australia, Health Super (now First State Super), and QBE Insurance.
- Developed www.eaauctions.com.au using Ember.js, Node.js, Redis, Rails, SASS, with a legacy back-end in PHP.
- Developed 5 websites for BASF Australia over several years, all of which are all run off a single content management system installation using SilverStripe.
- Developed a software development framework called IrisPHP, which was used for the v2 iteration of the EA Auctions website, among others.
- Responsible for extensive architecture and software design.
Architect, Tech Lead, Consultant2003 - 2012Inlink International
Technologies: PHP, XML, Perl, Bash, Apache, MySQL
- Created initial architecture and development of the Software Requirements Specification document for Inlink's media distribution network.
- Developed the software for delivering content to media screens in elevators.
- Responsible for further development of the software platform over the intervening 10+ years.
- The system has now grown to a very large distributed system based on a scalable architecture, continuously distributing content to over 1,600 client machines in 700 locations around Australia.
- Provided change management and deployment infrastructure for a large, geographically distributed network.