Lead Engineer2018 - 2020Real Estate Technology Company
Technologies: React Native, Node.js, PostGIS, Elasticsearch
- Led the development of a React Native mobile app launched as an MLS member benefit to 1 million real estate agents.
- Oversaw the development of a robust full-text search infrastructure, allowing for complex sub-second queries across 160 million US properties.
- Developed native bridge components for React Native and integrated with existing tools including Viro AR, Sentry, Branch.io, Google Analytics, and Appsee.
- Oversaw the development of a consumer-facing portal built in React.
- Retrofitted tests into the legacy code using Newman.
Engineer (Contract)2017 - 2018Wellness App
Technologies: React Native, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Sequelize
- Developed a React Native prototype app with advanced animation and touch controls; focused on a high-performance, smooth experience with interaction sounds and visuals.
- Developed Node.js back-end APIs to support social networking workflows (posts, comment, like, delete, content moderation).
Engineer (Contract)2017 - 2017Fortune 500 Insurance Company
Technologies: React Native, Ruby on Rails, Angular 1
- Built a consumer-facing React Native mobile application.
- Integrated a payment processor API.
- Developed back-end code in Ruby, including daily account settlement jobs built using Sidekiq/Redis.
- Added security features such as AES-256 column encryption for sensitive fields.
- Enabled simple, repeatable, and fast deployments using Capistrano.
Engineer (Contract)2016 - 2017Personality Testing Company
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Angular 1
- Worked with the client to understand complex and nuanced business rules, enabling simple interactions to produce powerful results.
- Created a PDF manager with custom templates using HexaPDF rather than HTML/CSS conversion techniques.
- Developed a novel system to map items into a PDF template, giving administrator users precision template control at a per-pixel level.
- Integrated Stripe for payment processing and enabled consumer eCommerce transactions, which immediately produced new revenue for the business.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Aurora Technology
Technologies: Java, Node.js, Go, Angular, MongoDB, Python, Pandas, XGBoost, Scikit-learn
- Developed microservices to process financial transactions using Go, Java, Node.js, and MongoDB.
- Developed a responsive front end for users to submit loan applications online using Angular and Node.
- Created a geocoding service for Mexican addresses using Node.js, Ruby, RethinkDB, and PostGIS.
- Implemented a machine learning pipeline using Pandas, NumPy, XGBoost, Scikit-learn, and Python.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Kryptnostic
Technologies: Java, HyperDex, Hazelcast, C++, JNI, RethinkDB, Android
- Implemented an efficient homomorphic encryption algorithm using Java and C++.
- Created web services using Java, Hazelcast, HyperDex, and RethinkDB.
- Developed an Android app that interacted with Kryptnostic's back-end web service using Android SDK and JNI.
- Created a command line tool for storing, searching, and sharing encrypted files.
- Used Monit and Ruby to create an internal system monitoring dashboard integrated with Atlassian.
Forward Deployed Engineer | Software Engineer2012 - 2014Palantir
Technologies: Java, Ruby, Node.js
- Developed a system to query billions of records in real-time using Java, Node.js, and a columnar data store.
- Built a healthcare fraud analysis tool using Node.js and D3.js.
- Developed a tool for law enforcement using automated license plate recognition, Java, and Spring.
- Built web scraping tools using Ruby.
- Created a mobile web app using Ruby on Rails.
Senior Consultant2006 - 2012Booz Allen Hamilton
- Developed a data visualization framework using D3.js.
- Built a data integration system using Java, OWL, and RDF.
- Created several J2EE web applications using Java and Spring.
- Set up and maintained a continuous integration system for automatically testing and deploying projects using Hudson and Maven.
- Developed test suites for several enterprise applications using JUnit.