Partner | Senior Software Development Consultant2017 - PRESENTNuBinary, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, React Native, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Helped early-stage startups build great software products; focusing on Ruby on Rails and React/Native stacks.
- Served as the fractional CTO for MySmartCocoon.com: a smart home-automation IoT platform.
- Implemented SmartCocoon’s multi platform (iOS and Android) React Native app for seamless IoT device setup over WiFi.
- Worked full-stack on RoR (Ruby on Rails), React Native, Redux, and ESP8266 firmware development and team leadership.
- Handled a scalable RabbitMQ integration with Ruby on Rails for device communications.
- Deployed on AWS EC2 instances with load balancing with RDS.
- Worked on Neuralseg.com: an MRI image segmentation machine-learning platform on the cloud.
- Served as a full-stack team lead on projects involving Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, and Redux.
- Containerized multi-instance cloud deployment on Google Cloud and GPU instance utilization for load balancing of heavy machine learning processes.
- Automated test runs, code coverage reporting, and linting using CircleCI.
- Served as a fractional CTOon In-it.com: a video-sharing social platform.
- Deployed on Heroku and AWS Lambda and S3 for video transcoding.
- Served as a team lead on multiple projects including Altiusanalyticslabs.com (RoR, React), TrademarkDIY.ca (RoR), MailObo.com (RoR, React), Shopify API, and Sourcepoint.com's privacy management mobile app SDK.
- Worked as a fractional CTO for Snowball.events (Express.js, Angular 7), DesignGrade (RoR, React, LTI 1.3 Advantage Protocol).
Senior Full-stack Software Development Consultant2016 - PRESENTCollectionzz.com
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Elasticsearch
- Migrated a legacy Rails app to only use an API and a React-based front-end.
- Built eCommerce and recurring billing features and implemented them into the platform.
- Contributed automated testing code coverage and bug fixes.
Chief Technology Officer2015 - 2017ApplyBoard
- Directed the product development and architectural design.
- Recruited and led a team of eight developers.
- Built the development operations and cloud infrastructure on AWS using Ruby on Rails and MySQL stack.
- Prototyped, launched, and scaled ApplyBoard.com from the ground up.
Software Developer2013 - 2015IBM
- Took over the COBOL Compiler and Optimus's Performance Measurement and Analysis on zOS and reported to various compiler development teams in North America.
- Carried on the performance analysis of the new IBM z13 mainframe released in 2015.
- Built new infrastructure and analytics tools for compiler performance analysis and fully automated the performance QA.
Software Developer2013 - 2013SurfEasy, Inc.
Technologies: C++, QT, STL, Visual C++, Java, Android SDK, OpenSSL, Ant, Mac OS X, QTest, GitHub, Jenkins, Shell Script
- Developed a desktop application using C++/QT for a proprietary VPN network client software.
- Built an Android application for proprietary VPN network client software.