Partner | Senior Software Development Consultant2017 - PRESENTNuBinary, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, React Native, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Helped early-stage startups build great software products; focusing on Ruby on Rails and React/Native stacks.
Senior Full-stack Software Development Consultant2016 - PRESENTCollectionzz.com
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku, Elasticsearch
- Migrated a legacy Rails app to only use an API and a React-based front-end.
- Built eCommerce and recurring billing features and implemented them into the platform.
- Contributed automated testing code coverage and bug fixes.
Chief Technology Officer2015 - PRESENTApplyBoard
- Directed the product development and architectural design.
- Recruited and led a team of eight developers.
- Built the development operations and cloud infrastructure on AWS using Ruby on Rails and MySQL stack.
- Prototyped, launched, and scaled ApplyBoard.com from the ground up.
Software Developer2013 - 2015IBM
- Took over the COBOL Compiler and Optimus's Performance Measurement and Analysis on zOS and reported to various compiler development teams in North America.
- Carried on the performance analysis of the new IBM z13 mainframe released in 2015.
- Built new infrastructure and analytics tools for compiler performance analysis and fully automated the performance QA.
Software Developer2013 - 2013SurfEasy, Inc.
Technologies: C++, QT, STL, Visual C++, Java, Android SDK, OpenSSL, Ant, Mac OS X, QTest, GitHub, Jenkins, Shell Script
- Developed a desktop application using C++/QT for a proprietary VPN network client software.
- Built an Android application for proprietary VPN network client software.
- Neuralseg.com (Development)http://neuralseg.com
This is an MRI image segmentation machine-learning platform on a cloud.
Role: Full-stack Developer and Team Lead (Ruby on Rails, React and Redux)
Work: I containerized the multi-instance cloud deployment on Google Cloud and implemented a GPU instance utilization for the load balancing of heavy machine-learning processes.
Technologies: Rails 5, PostgreSQL, RSpec, React, Redux, Webpack, Babel, ES6, Enzyme, ESLint, Bootstrap React, Sass, GitHub, Google Cloud, Docker, CircleCI, Redis, RuboCop
- MySmartCocoon.com (Development)https://mysmartcocoon.com
This project involved a smart-home-automation IoT platform.
Role: Full-stack Developer and Team Lead (Ruby on Rails, React Native, Redux, and ESP8266 Firmware)
Work: I implemented SmartCocoon’s multi-platform (iOS and Android) React Native app for a seamless IoT device setup over WiFi. I also integrated scalable RabbitMQ with Ruby on Rails for device communications. It was deployed on AWS EC2 instances with RDS
Technologies: Rails 5, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, RSpec, React Native, Redux, Webpack, Babel, ES6, Enzyme, ESLint, GitHub, AWS EC2/RDS, CircleCI, Travis, Redis, RuboCop, Bitbucket, JIRA, Arduino, C
- In-it.com (Development)https://In-it.com
This project dealt with a video-sharing social platform.
Work: I deployed the platform on Heroku and AWS Lambda and S3 for video transcoding
Technologies: Rails 5, PostgreSQL, RSpec, React, Redux, Webpack, Babel, ES6, Enzyme, ESLint, Bootstrap React, Sass, GitHub, Heroku, AWS S3 & Lambda, CircleCI, Redis, Sidekiq, RuboCop
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), React Native, Redux, Qt, Jest, GWT, Boost, minitest, Capybara, ASP.NET
Libraries/APIsReact, jQuery, Standard Template Library (STL)
ToolsRSpec, Git, Vim Text Editor, Eclipse IDE, Webpack, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Apache Ant, qTest Manager, OpenVPN, Maven, AWS SES, Make, Jenkins, Visual Studio .NET, JCL, Apache Tomcat, LaTeX
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Automated Testing
OtherAlgorithms, Optimization Algorithms, Heuristic & Exact Algorithms, Data Structures, Software Design, APIs, CSS3 Animation, Data Architecture, ShellScript, Capybara-Webkit, Boost.Asio
PlatformsAWS EC2, Ubuntu, Linux, Apache Server, z/OS, Android, Phusion Passenger
StorageGoogle Cloud, PostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS RDS, Elasticsearch, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, AWS S3
- Master's degree in Computer Science2011 - 2012University of Waterloo - Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering2007 - 2011Sharif University of Technology - Tehran, Iran