Principal Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTCambridge Brain Sciences
- Built the event-based architecture for a complex healthcare assessment platform, which was scaled and now supports over 500 clinics in eight time zones.
- Extended the standard Rails application structure with well-known design patterns like query, entity, command, handler, etc.
- Set AWS DevOps deployment processes; all infrastructure — Infrastructure as Code, performance monitoring, continuous HIPAA compliance with daily/on-change scanning. Typical traffic generates four requests per second and 4,000 unique users daily.
- Migrated from React with a Redux store and an API layer to the modern Hotwire stack in four months, experimented with Vite as an assets bundler, and built an isolated QA environment and automation coverage.
- Implemented a fast and secure graphic-rich PDF generation optimized to run with a one-to-three-second response time by keeping the workers' CPU (95th percentile) usage at less than the 20 percentile.
Senior Software Developer2013 - 2015Method Integration
- Built a certified sync engine with QuickBooks; this work included conflict resolution schemas, performance optimization, and secure connection options in 300+ multitenant installations.
- Improved a highly customized actions workflow for serverless no-code apps for SMBs with a QuickBooks data sync integration. The sync time was improved threefold after switching to incremental batch updates and multi-thread and multi-process runtime.
- Launched a highly performant action rules system with custom language grammar (LLVM) to compact definitions and implement security hardening.
Co-founder and CTO2012 - 2013Vente
- Built the MVP in three months; it resulted in 100+ exhibitors being contacted, 12 exhibits subscribing, and 750+ business participants using our service.
- Oversaw idea generation, product development, audience qualification, targeting, distribution channels, A/B testing, data-driven KPI metrics, and business model evaluation.
- Contributed to customer relationships, support and customization, the fundraising process, preparation of marketing materials, sales scripts and scenarios, and the start of building the sales funnels.
Tech Leader2011 - 2012Ciklum
- Integrated an order processing system with SAP, including materials management and a deep system refactoring; this work reduced order processing time by 40-55%.
- Implemented the new distributors' self-service system architecture, including decoupling services, helping with budgeting and goal definitions, establishing hiring goals, and successfully extending the team with seven multifunctional roles.
- Migrated a live system without downtime (approximately 120 GB of data); this included documenting and supporting the system, metrics definition (with a distributed collector), continuous monitoring, and a notification framework.
Team Lead of Application Solutions2007 - 2011Sphere Software
- Managed a team of four engineers to build a high-load media streaming app (2TB per month) and optimize performance. Migrated from on-premise servers to Azure with a 30% reduction in infrastructure costs and improved traffic spike handling.
- Led the team that prototyped a clinical trial supply chain management system (three months) and presented it to the client's funding committee; was involved in the project architecture, planning, code reviews, tech research, and core development.
- Created the ads integration of our client's app with Miramax, which included certifying the back-end data storage, securing data transfers, and coordinating the team, deployment, and support.
- Worked on a project and task estimation of an app for gold/jewelry online sellers with 1,000 US customers monthly; code reviews, initial structure build, tech investigation, fraud analysis detection, and complex business workflow (return/refund).
Software Developer2006 - 2007MWDN Ltd
Technologies: .NET, Windows Forms (WinForms), SQL Server 2000, Telerik, ADO.NET, DevExpress, C#, APIs, Healthcare IT, Health IT, Windows App Development, UI Development
- Learned development and organizational skills while working on highly regulated and mission-critical software products.
- Optimized databases, focusing on maintainability, migration processes and monitoring, automatic rollbacks, and deployment in over ten clinics worldwide.
- Worked on the user experience for an internal message dispatching configurator, HL7 processing bus, and integration with Microsoft BizTalk.