CTO2015 - PRESENTHugHub
Technologies: Insurance, Insurance Technology (Insurtech), TypeScript, EventStore, CQRS, MongoDB, Azure, C#, Angular, .NET
- Developed an innovative end-to-end insurance platform (from idea to production) that serves 12 million+ quotes per day.
- Architected the platform as a SASS, deployed on Azure with a fully automated DevOps process. The application utilized CQRS/Event Sourcing. Nearly every part of the system was configurable via the use of a custom-built rules engine.
- Utilized wireframing/POC/prototyping for new features/projects, both internally and with clients, to help visualize and sell the idea.
- Involved in raising funds and sales. Possessed a good understanding of what is required to take a software startup to the next level.
- Hired and led the development team of 15 architects, developers, testers, business analysts, and project managers post MVP.
CTO2016 - 2019ForwardCaster
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Financial Markets, Finance, C#, Azure DevOps, AWS, Angular, SQL Server 2014, ASP.NET MVC, .NET
- Developed a direct-to-consumer web application that allowed users to create their own investment robots based on fundamental financial data.
- Set up a fully automated CI/CD/DevOps process deployed onto AWS.
- Implemented a back-testing algorithm that could run a 30 year back-test over 20 million+ data points in under a second.
Senior Consultant Developer2008 - 2015Imx Software
Technologies: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET, .NET, SQL Server 2014, C#
- Led technical efforts on a banknotes trading and vault management product. Developed new features and customized the system for clients in different countries before building a replacement.
- Acted as a domain expert for banknote trading products and often worked directly with end users to define requirements.
- Developed the world's leading banknotes management platform, used by the majority of currency wholesalers in the world.
Technical Lead2006 - 2008Inmatrix
Technologies: Visual Basic, SQL Server 2014, C++, C#, .NET
- Architected and helped build a re-write of the solution, as well as many new features, for a product that was overwhelmed with technical debt when I joined.
- Implemented a highly performant financial analysis engine, which allowed us to stress test, what-if, and goal seek thousands of company financials in seconds.
- Assisted in the facilitation of a successful exit for the product via trade sale. the product went on to be a much bigger success than the legacy one.
Senior Developer2005 - 2006DST International
Technologies: Oracle, Java, SQL Server 2014, C++
- Enhanced fund management and STP software for funds. (HiTrust and OpenMessenger).
- Implemented FX, MM and SWIFT modules, as well as many other enhancements.
- Improved the performance of an STP module exponentially, both at the database and code level.