Verified Expert in Engineering
Slava has 20 years of industry experience, the last ten as a technical lead, and CTO. He has built several products from idea to profitability and has a solid understanding of what it takes to grow a software startup from an idea, to MVP, and beyond. He built an insurance platform with a fully automated DevOps process that handles 12 million+ requests a day. He excels at SASS, cloud, DevOps, strategy, and leadership, and writes stable, robust code.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), C#, Azure, SQL Server 2014, MongoDB, Angular, .NET
The most amazing...
...insurance platform I've built used CQRS/Event Sourcing and Azure Service Fabric with a fully automated DevOps process that handles 12 million+ requests a day.
- Developed an innovative end-to-end insurance platform (from idea to production) that serves 12 million+ quotes per day.
- Architected the platform as a SASS, deployed on Azure with a fully automated DevOps process. The application utilized CQRS/Event Sourcing. Nearly every part of the system was configurable via the use of a custom-built rules engine.
- Utilized wireframing/POC/prototyping for new features/projects, both internally and with clients, to help visualize and sell the idea.
- Involved in raising funds and sales. Possessed a good understanding of what is required to take a software startup to the next level.
- Hired and led the development team of 15 architects, developers, testers, business analysts, and project managers post MVP.
Steady Platform, Inc
- Architected and built an MVP and scaled it to production with several clients as a tech lead on an innovative new platform.
- Worked with stakeholders and several different teams.
- Helped establish development processes, security, and code standards.
- Developed a direct-to-consumer web application that allowed users to create their own investment robots based on fundamental financial data.
- Set up a fully automated CI/CD/DevOps process deployed onto AWS.
- Implemented a back-testing algorithm that could run a 30 year back-test over 20 million+ data points in under a second.
Senior Consultant Developer
- Led technical efforts on a banknotes trading and vault management product. Developed new features and customized the system for clients in different countries before building a replacement.
- Acted as a domain expert for banknote trading products and often worked directly with end users to define requirements.
- Developed the world's leading banknotes management platform, used by the majority of currency wholesalers in the world.
- Architected and helped build a re-write of the solution, as well as many new features, for a product that was overwhelmed with technical debt when I joined.
- Implemented a highly performant financial analysis engine, which allowed us to stress test, what-if, and goal seek thousands of company financials in seconds.
- Assisted in the facilitation of a successful exit for the product via trade sale. the product went on to be a much bigger success than the legacy one.
- Enhanced fund management and STP software for funds. (HiTrust and OpenMessenger).
- Implemented FX, MM and SWIFT modules, as well as many other enhancements.
- Improved the performance of an STP module exponentially, both at the database and code level.
.NET, Angular, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
LINQ, API Development, NgRx, PrimeNG, Shopify API, Node.js, React
Azure App Service
CQRS, Agile, Azure DevOps, B2B, B2C, B2B2C, Web Architecture, Business to Business to Consumer (B2B2C), DevOps
Azure, Azure PaaS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Shopify, Oracle
MongoDB, SQL Server 2014, EventStore, Databases, Redis
Insurance Technology (Insurtech), Architecture, Web Development, APIs, Technical Leadership, Back-end, API Integration, CTO, IT Consulting, Solution Architecture, Technical Design, Responsive Web Apps, eCommerce, Leadership, Finance, Financial Markets, OpenID Connect (OIDC), PDF
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Monash University - Australia, Melbourne