Founder2019 - PRESENTSimpleLogin
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Vue.js, Ansible, Postfix, Python
- Created a popular open-source email alias service that protects your email address.
- Developed an OAuth identity provider that offers a privacy-focused "Login with Facebook/Google/Apple" button.
- Built a Chrome/Firefox extension that allows the user to quickly create email aliases.
- Coordinated a developer team to work on different platforms, including web, iOS, and Safari.
- Handled customer support and managed the open roadmap.
Software Developer2019 - 2019Croscon (via Toptal)
- Added features to GemSafe, an insurance company.
- Moved the deployment to use Docker-compose.
Director of Engineering2018 - 2019Workwell
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Apache Kafka, Docker, Python
- Led an agile team of six developers.
- Architected the back end and infrastructure for B2B product with big-name clients and a strong emphasis on security.
Software Architect2017 - 2018Workwell
- Designed, implemented, and deployed reliable components based on Docker, hosted on AWS.
- Participated in cross-team efforts to troubleshoot/determine the resolution for complex issues.
- Integrated all work into our CI/CD pipeline so as to repeatably and reliably deliver updates to all environments, including production.
Founder2016 - 2018Bancobiet
Technologies: React, Python, iOS, Android
- Led the tech team to create iOS, Android, and web apps.
- Created and maintained the back end.
- Managed content writers.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Tulane University (via Toptal)
Technologies: Canvas, Python, C#
- Created an internal tool that allows teachers and students to get information about their courses.
- Added an export PDF feature: Users can export a given course into a PDF file.
Software Developer2016 - 2017Kizen (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, AngularJS, Django
- Added new features to the Kizen CRM.
- Optimized code processes.
Back-end and Machine Learning Developer2016 - 2017Flickle
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Scikit-learn, AWS, Python
- Created an algorithm that provides personalized movie recommendations.
- Used a third-party API to collect movie data.
- Created and maintained the back end used by the app to provide Facebook and Twitter logins and save user interactions.
Freelance Developer2015 - 2017University of Wisconsin – Madison (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, MySQL, Python
- Built up a crowd-sourced "reverse engineering" tool to understand microtargeting in political campaigns.
- Created and maintained the back end that receives and stores up to millions of ads.
- Created an admin interface to facilitate analysis work.
- Created algorithms to detect whether an ad is political and predict the candidates, the party supporting them, and more.
CTO2014 - 2017Fitle
- Defined and put in place software architecture and infrastructure.
- Created a REST API written in Python/Flask supporting heavy traffic.
- Created 3D native viewers for Android and iOS.
- Managed the R&D team.
- Created the ML stack to handle clothes recommendations.
Freelance Python and iOS Developer2015 - 201528 Billionaires (via Toptal)
Technologies: Scrapy, Swift, Python
- Crawled workout products to get ingredient information such as protein quantity, sugar, etc. and saved them into a Parse database.
- Created v1.0 of the iOS app that compares workout products using the above database.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014Criteo
Technologies: AngularJS, Hadoop, Java, C#
- Developed a feature selection tool which aims at choosing automatically relevant features for a prediction algorithm. The tool enables the amelioration of the predictions' performance, reduces manual selections, and constitutes an important step in the model optimization process.
- Developed a historical metrics feature to keep track of, detect, and quickly analyze the predictions' quality.
- Implemented unit and integration (Selenium) tests to cover the predictions' critical code.
- Modeled and optimized algorithms for new business models.
- Resolved the latency problem of this new business model.
Developer2011 - 2012Bell Labs
Technologies: Neo4j, Swing, Java
- Developed a PageRank simulator in Swing.
- Studied possible extensions of PageRank and their relevance in comparison to classic metrics such as H-Index, G-Index, PR-A.
- Implemented the new algorithm in the author and paper graph issued from DBLP (about 70,000 authors and 1.7 million papers).
- Contributed to the article "Publication Induced Research Analysis (PIRA) - Experiments on Real Data."
- Implemented Maven to better handle Java projects in the team.