Freelance Senior Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Firebase
- Reverse-engineered a game engine.
- Synchronized events between game clients via Firebase.
- Altered the game client to behave in a different way.
Senior Sofrware Engineer2019 - 2019Learn 2 Forecast
Technologies: PySpark, Python, Google Cloud, Dataproc
- Developed pipelines for deploying and running spark jobs on Google Cloud Dataproc.
- Developed PySpark jobs to ingest Thompson Reuters news and analyze them.
- Moved machine learning jobs from single-core to Spark to improve performance.
Lead Developer2018 - 2018Aggero
Technologies: Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, Angular, Google Cloud, Google Cloud Natural Language
- Developed an Angular dashboard used for displaying various charts, sentiment analysis, and streamer engagement.
- Used Spring Boot to create the back-end for the dashboard.
- Created a job that pulls twitch videos, extracts audio, performs speech to text and cloud natural-language processing (NLP) to extract a sentiment analysis.
- Deployed the dashboard, the back end, and various data processing jobs to Google Cloud.
Developer (Contractor)2018 - 2018Grubhub
Technologies: Java, Scala, Cassandra, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Eureka, Microservices, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Implemented a distributed data ingestion in a microservices environment using Java, AWS SQS, Jetty, and JAX-RS.
- Wrote integration tests using Scala and the Gatling framework.
- Developed a Docker container management tool that provided the capabilities to spin up any microservice and all its dependent microservices locally to allow for integration testing.
- Created load tests to ensure that the distributed system is capable of supporting the desired load.
- Worked in a distributed team spanning multiple timezones and managed to achieve all the target deadlines.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2018IBM
Technologies: Spring, Oracle Database, Jira
- Developed a REST API for searching politically exposed entities for the banking industry using the Spring framework and the Oracle database.
- Created a distributed, multi-node Spring Batch project to achieve a high data import throughput.
- Constructed a Jira plugin using the Spring framework.
- Developed a REST API for asset management for a large bank from Europe used to provision the internal resources.
- Worked on securing REST APIs used by banks.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017[e-spres-oh]
Technologies: Java, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, MapReduce, MySQL, HBase, Spring, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Liquidbase, Docker, Apache Pig, ZooKeeper
- Developed a sports betting-and-data aggregation API for suggesting the safest bets as suggested by previous statistical data and human experts; used the Spring framework.
- Used multiple sports data providers for aggregating statistical data and matching it to real-time Betfair bet markets using Spring, RabbitMQ, and Spring Batch.
- Designed and implemented a file format detector and parser for a data-loading application supporting over 30 different types of files and automatically detecting their format, parsing them, and then loading them into HBase using MapReduce.
- Optimized a deduplication MapReduce job that was taking over 24 hours to run; solved this by migrating the job to Apache Spark and improving the algorithm. It ultimately achieved an app speed improvement of six-fold.
- Properly tested all the implemented jobs using unit tests and a local in-memory HBase cluster.
- Developed a fully stateless authentication system using JWT and the Spring framework.
- Built an internal Slack bot for submitting time off requests through Slack.
Junior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Coera
- Worked on a generation solution for landing pages; it was based on popular travel destinations it outputs XML with all the content that should be rendered to the user for that specific page.
- Built an XML-to-HTML page builder engine that loads the XML (outputted by the algorithm) and serves it to the end user.
- Developed a page-linking algorithm to improve the SEO based on Google search popularity and adjustable metrics to improve traffic and conversion rate.
- Built custom plugins for the Orchard CMS using ASP.NET MVC for content creators.
Intern2013 - 2013Bitdefender
Technologies: Assembly, C, C++
- Learned about the inner workings of malicious software and how to protect against it.
- Worked with the inner workings of windows operating system like memory management and security model.
- Implemented various algorithms in Assembly.