Verified Expert in Engineering
BI, Data Warehouse Developer
Stanford is an accomplished data warehouse ETL engineer, consultant, and data architect with nearly 20 years of experience building highly scalable data solutions in the cloud and on-premises. He excels in leading client and internal teams through the adoption of business intelligence, integration, data strategy, and data governance programs using agile development methodologies. Stanford shares his knowledge as an adjunct instructor in the University of Utah Information Systems program.
Snowflake, Microsoft Azure, Jira, SQL, ETL Tools, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, DevOps
The most amazing...
...project I have delivered was for a non-profit online university. We used data to improve retention and graduation rates for students.
Pfizer - PGS Operations Insights
- Worked for a global pharmaceutical company. Modeled a Neo4j graph database to track Pfizer supply chain movements. Created ETL to load the database.
- Created coding standards and reviewed the code from other projects.
- Oversaw the launch of the graph database to 20+ users. Supported production ETL jobs to meet SLA.
University of Utah
- Taught since 2019. Promoted in 2021 from adjunct to assistant professor.
- Instructed classes at the undergraduate level in big data and business analytics.
- Taught classes in database theory and design at the graduate (master's degree) level.
Business Intelligence Engineer
- Designed reports for the internal project management dashboard.
- Worked with an international team to collect requirements and prototype solutions.
- Worked with the data warehouse support team to expand and enhance the data warehouse for reporting and analysis.
Senior Consultant and Data Architect
Eide Bailly Technology Consulting
- Served as a hands-on leader for a team of data warehouse architects and ETL engineers.
- Specialized in cloud data migrations and big-data projects.
- Focused on technologies including Snowflake, Microsoft Azure SQL, dbt Cloud (Fishtown Analytics), Tableau, and PowerBI.
- Performed Kimball data warehouse star-schema modeling for reporting and analysis.
Brighton Homes Utah
- Acted as the head of technology, marketing, and client services.
- Implemented ERP and CRM software. Oversaw data integration and reporting.
- Built sales and pricing processes, managed purchasing and configured IT systems to enable growth of real estate development business from new startup to over 100 homes a year.
Senior Director, Analytics and Data Warehouse Consultant
- Served as architect and product manager for a SaaS business intelligence product for data integration and reporting.
- Implemented data warehouse design and ETL coding using Kimball Methodology in star schema designs.
- Managed up to 15 client-facing resources across four offices to deliver analytics and recommendations.
- Led over 50 data integration and analysis projects. Clients include LG, Pfizer, Hilton, AAA, and Vail.
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse design to extract, transform, and load data (ETL).
- Created reports for business users; specified and reviewed SQL code for offshore engineers.
- Used technologies such as Oracle RDBMS, Informatica, and Business Objects.
Student Analytics at Independence University
SAP HANA and Tableau - Architecture and Reporting Project
Data Engineering for Data Warehouse and Graph DB Projects
Snowflake, SQL, Cypher, Python
Dimensional Modeling, DevOps, ETL
Databases, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines, Neo4j, Redshift
Microsoft Azure, ETL Tools, Data Modeling, Data Warehouse Design, Data Transformation, Data Engineering, Data Architecture, Data Analysis, Data Cleansing, Social Media Analytics, Analysis, Reporting, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Data Build Tool (dbt), Visualization, Modeling, GraphDB, Business, BI Reporting, Spanish-English Translation, SEO Marketing
Jira, Tableau, Git, Microsoft Power BI
Oracle, SAP HANA, Linux
Master's Degree in Information Systems
University of Arizona - Tucson, Arizona, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry
Brigham Young University - Provo, Utah, USA
Neo4j Certified Developer
Tableau Desktop Specialist
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring