- Back-end/System Developer2015 - PRESENTTurn Partners (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP/Symfony, Python, C++, Android/Linux Kernel, OpenGL ES
- Run a feasibility check and implemented core product features by patching the Linux/Android kernel.
- Refactored existing back-end code, improved code quality, and added unit tests.
- Reduced churn rate by improving service stability.
- Implemented automatic deployment procedures.
- Implemented centralized logging and monitoring facilities.
- Team Lead2015 - 2016Katachi Media
Technologies: Objective-C, OS X SDK, iOS SDK
- Implemented project management processes for the company core product.
- Managed a dev team to release a new major product update.
- Developed configuration management and deployment procedures.
- iOS Developer/Back-end Developer2015 - 2016Kocomojo LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS SDK, React Native
- Implemented an iOS SDK which tracks user location and presents customizable mini-apps.
- Implemented part of the back-end for the SDK.
- Mobile Developer2011 - 2015Freelance
Technologies: Objective-C, C++, iOS SDK, UIKit, CoreGraphics, CoreData, AFNetworking, RestKit
- Developed iOS apps for a variety of clients. Projects include a GPS tracker app, a client for a MOOC site (Coursera-like) with video lectures and simple quizzes, and a video communication app where users send each other short video clips.
- Founder2009 - 2015Redsteep
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS SDK, C++11, Cocos2d, Android NDK
- Implemented 10+ game porting projects (PC to iOS, Android, Mac) for Alawar Entertainment and Big Fish Games on time and on budget, making clients extremely happy.
- Created an online service prototype for the remote access to a variety of Android devices ("Android-in-the-cloud"). The users could upload and test their applications on real devices having a very smooth interaction.
- Consultant2010 - 2012OpenWay Services
- Implemented and supported OpenWay WAY4-based solutions for commercial banks.
- Led an online payment solution integration project for a major Russian bank.
- PM/Team Lead2007 - 2010Business Computer Center
Technologies: Java EE, C#/.NET, WinForms
- Implemented an application for commercial banks to interoperate with the Central Bank of Russia, currently deployed in 40+ banks.
- Designed and prototyped WebSphere Portal-based solutions.
- System Architect2004 - 2007Quest Software
Technologies: C++, C#/.NET, MS SharePoint
- Conducted competition analysis, created proof-of-concept builds, and designed architecture for a number of MS SharePoint-related products.
- Developer and Team Lead2001 - 2004Aelita Software
Technologies: C++, MAPI, MS Exchange
- Developed an Outlook profile switching utility for the Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000/2003 migration software ("Exchange Migration Wizard").
- Reverse-engineered MS Outlook 2007 to implement unique features.
- Pioneered test-driven development and Agile practices.