Chief Technology Officer2014 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, React, Stripe, Braintree
- Developed early Rails/PostgreSQL architecture at PeerStreet (backed by Andreesen Horowitz); used the highest standards for financial data security and set this early-stage startup for scale that they have since achieved (raised $100+ million).
- Served as interim CTO and chief architect of the CurbStand valet parking platform, built with a Rails/PostgreSQL back end, native iOS/Android apps, and Braintree for payments.
- Built a 5-person development team in less than two weeks to replace CurbStand's agency and development back on schedule.
- Acted as an interim CTO at RallyBound (acquired by NeonOne), implementing processes including daily standups and weekly sprint planning meetings with product/engineering, as well as coding standards and JIRA story creation/culling.
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer2017 - 2018TOTEM
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, React, Stripe
- Built a secure payments platform with Rails/React/Stripe to allow the California Parent-Teacher Association (CAPTA) members to join electronically (previously they only collected cash and check payments).
- Integrated into a variety of legacy systems to make sure TOTEM worked smoothly with their existing processes and allowed for consolidated reporting.
- Worked directly with local CAPTA leaders to roll out the platform state-wide for the 2017-2018 school year, proving on-call support via phone, email, and live chat.
Interim CTO2017 - 2017RapportBoost
- Worked with a data scientist to transform a standalone Python script for customer live chat sentiment analysis into a real-time platform to connect to major live chat platforms.
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer2013 - 2014Cult Cosmetics
- Built and deployed high-performance microservices with Elixir.
- Built the initial Ruby on Rails/MySQL/Spree Commerce website and scaled to $1 million ARR using Braintree payments and custom integrations with third-party logistics providers.
- Built and released a variety of open-source Spree plugins, including the first for subscription commerce.
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer2011 - 2012StackCommerce
- Built StackCommerce, the #1 native commerce platform with AWS/Rails/PostgreSQL.
- Scaled StackCommerce to 12 employees, $5 million ARR, 150,000 active users, 30 million monthly impressions, and consistent profitability in less than 1 year.
- Contributed to raising seed funding from a number of institutional and angel investors for StackCommerce (formerly StackSocial), accelerated by AmplifyLA.