Senior Software Engineer2020 - PRESENTIRPD
- Created a data lake for the company on Google Cloud Platform together with the analytic instruments, allowing an edge over the competition in the control and repeatability of the process.
- Developed software to transform geometries into scanner movements for 3D manufacturing.
- Oversaw the introduction of machine learning in the analysis of the steps of the process and final product.
Electronic Engineer2003 - 2021Engineering Consulting | Freelance
Technologies: C, Microchip, C#, Fortran, MATLAB, Cryptography, IEC 61508, Python, Pandas, Data Mining, NumPy, Scikit-learn, APIs, Scripting, Linux, Embedded Linux, Embedded C, Embedded C++, Wireless Protocols, Software Implementation, Software Integration, .NET, XML, .NET Core, DSP, ARM Embedded, Embedded Software, Neural Networks, Time Series, Time Series Analysis, Debugging Tools, Software Testing, Test Automation, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns, Memory Management, BigQuery
- Developed a data collection framework for automatizing the nurturing and search of talent. This project is still in progress.
- Implemented a Python model for cell classification, using a semi-supervised method.
- Built CAD software for calculating the thermal efficiency of buildings.
- Developed a 3D model of the EM fields generated by high-voltage lines transforming a Fortran model in MATLAB.
- Produced the safety documentation for planning and engineering of an offshore oil extraction plant.
- Implemented an algorithmic attack on smart cards and studied the possibilities of hardware attacks.
- Designed a microchip-based control for micro-metric positioning.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2020Rinco Ultrasonics
- Built an integrated software platform for ultrasonic generators containing ultrasound control, bootloader, GUI, internationalization, web application, and industrial protocols.
- Developed the test and calibration equipment for the ultrasound generators.
- Created the best-selling generator of the company, projecting +10% revenue.
- Made a new DNA analysis machine, increasing the revenue by 7%.
- Developed a safety-certified generator for medical use, which hasn't been produced yet.
Teaching Assistant2014 - 2015University of Zurich
Technologies: Python, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Agile Software Development, Python 3, Python 2, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns
- Managed the MOOC of the course and prepared lessons on data structures and software patterns.
- Mentored projects in data mining, machine learning, scheduling algorithms, and Turing machines.
- Introduced the students to Agile development and test-driven development.
Software Engineer2013 - 2015Leica Geosystems
Technologies: C++, Boost, Standard Template Library (STL), Software Design Patterns, UML, Scrum, APIs, Integration Tools, Software Implementation, Software Integration, Agile Software Development, RTOS, XML, Debugging Tools, Software Testing, Test Automation, Test Documentation, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns
- Expanded the Leica Captivate for multiple measurement instruments.
- Improved the integration of hardware and software in the unit testing process.
- Refined and expanded the GUI, database management, and internationalization of software and positioning algorithms.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2013J. SCHNEEBERGER Maschinen
Technologies: C++, Boost, Standard Template Library (STL), Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Visual Basic, C#, SQL, Scripting, Software Implementation, Software Integration, Integration Tools, .NET, Software Testing, Test Automation, Test Documentation, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns, Memory Management
- Developed a CAD suite for defining and grinding complex, high-precision tools, one of the most innovative parts of Quinto 5 software.
- Developed new algorithms for the generation of parametrized tool geometries.
- Updated the legacy software in areas like GUI, database, algorithms, and internationalization.
Software Development Manager2004 - 2008CEZA
Technologies: Microchip, ST6, ST7, Atmel, Renesas, Assembly, C, Visual Basic, C#, MATLAB, ISO-9000, EN298, Scripting, Embedded C, Linux, Firmware, PIC Firmware, Wireless Protocols, RTOS, DSP, Embedded Software, Software Testing, Test Automation, Test Documentation
- Developed a safety-certified electronic control for gas-based water heaters (+80% revenue).
- Developed an innovative, extra cheap (less than €5) mass airflow sensor.
- Opened a new market in the pellet stove controls, based on the mass airflow sensor and more robust combustion control (+20% revenue).
- Developed the test equipment for all the products of the company, saving over 60% time.
- Restructured and certified the R&D department according to ISO 9000.