Head of Development2019 - PRESENTZanthion, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AMQP, AWS, Python, React, React Native, Android, Internet of Things (IoT), System Architecture
- Designed the whole system from scratch including client-server communication, hardware, and mobile.
- Designed the gateway (hub) that could run on any Android-enabled device and be the center/node of an IoT network.
- Created a solution that allows connecting to different BLE sensors to collect data while devices are moving between gateway spots.
- Managed the development team to work on multiple projects including the dashboard (React), gateway (Android), mobile clients (RN), and back end (Python).
- Participated in business strategies planning and preparing the requirements for the tech team.
Tech Lead | Senior React Native Engineer2018 - 2020AgileEngine
Technologies: CircleCI, AWS Lambda, AWS S3, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS EC2, Node.js, React, React Native, System Architecture
- Followed up with a client about the initial requirements list and launched the development process.
- Created the CI/CD setup to continuously deliver development progress to the client.
- Performed a demo every two weeks along with progress updates to have client and team on the same page.
- Led a team of two React developers and one React native engineer.
- Contributed to the full-stack development on both the web and mobile versions of the back and front end.
Senior Android Engineer2017 - 2018Petcube
Technologies: MQTT, Firebase, Java, Android
- Created a logging system based on MQTT and JobScheduler to collect logs and analytics for the support team to help clients with their issues.
- Migrated the code from Google Cloud Messaging to Firebase Cloud Messaging.
- Built a Jenkins CI solution wrapped in Docker to work on Amazon instances with minimal cost.
- Implemented some architectural patterns to make code less coupled and better testable.
- Integrated native libraries into an Android source set to be able to compile and debug it at runtime.
Senior Android Engineer2017 - 2017Glomex
- Created and supported the Glomex media player SDK based on ExoPlayer and IMA.
- Improved the code test coverage by introducing a UI integration test for SDK.
- Developed a demo application for clients with SDK integration examples.
- Added ProGuard rules support to minify and obfuscate SDK code.
Senior Android Engineer2014 - 2017Lebara
Technologies: PJSIP, Java, Android
- Created and implemented from scratch the application design.
- Separated code into internally shared modules used by all mobile teams inside the company.
- Integrated the PJSIP library to support SIP calls with multiple encoders and decoders for streams.
- Integrated Tapjoy to increase application monetization.
- Performed several bug-fixing sprints to fix application FCs. There was only a 0.01% crash rate for users out of more than 350,000 active users.
Senior Android Developer | Team Leader2013 - 2014Yandex
Technologies: Tools, Performance, HTML5 Animations, C++, Java, Android
- Performed R&D for new features like a collapsible Omnibox for the address bar.
- Improved the application startup performance from 25 to seven seconds.
- Managed the team and performed technical interviews.
- Made the UI be responsive by implementing animations for different user interactions.
- Optimized the UI performance to make the UI work flawlessly, even on low-end devices.
Senior Android Engineer2012 - 2013Intego Group
Technologies: Profiling, Android, Architecture
- Converted the code into SDK to make integration into new applications easy, like writing few lines of code.
- Optimized the application performance and memory consumption profiling and improved the redraw rate from 10 FPS to 30 FPS.
- Created an MVP to demonstrate possible solutions at an exhibition.
- Supported three client applications in parallel to the company one.
Senior Android Developer | Team Leader2010 - 2012Layar
Technologies: Profiling, Camera API, OpenGL, Augmented Reality (AR), Java, Android
- Created several iterations of application with an improved AR experience.
- Converted native Android UI views into an OpenGL representation to emulate the portrait mode while the landscape was mandatory to work with the camera.
- Performed profiling to improve frames rate from 10 FPS to 35 FPS.
- Developed an MVP for the second project like Pokemon Go which has not gone live.
- Managed the Android development team and two projects.
Software Engineer2009 - 2010Profix
Technologies: SOAP, Unit Testing
- Created an internal bank transactions system with several routes and flows.
- Developed a testing platform for transaction flows coverage.
- Ensured 100% code coverage with unit and integration tests.
- Worked as an R&D engineer for new features, such as creating communication between branches within SOAP.
Software Engineer2007 - 2008Materialise
Technologies: Visual Leak Detector (VLD), Boost, GDI(+), Standard Template Library (STL), Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Win32 API, C++
- Created an auto-testing module to simulate action from code by scenario.
- Developed an MVP application for 3D scanner hardware to scan tooth surface and represent it in a realistic 3D model.
- Implemented a volume rendering feature to split the whole jaw 3D model into separate tooth and bone models.