Senior System Engineer2014 - PRESENTCasumo Services, Ltd.
Technologies: VMWare, HP servers, Switches Storage, Supermicro, SaltStack, Ansible, Docker, Grafana, Graphite, Prometheus, AWS, Jenkins
- Architected, tuned, monitored, and maintained an on-premise IT infrastructure, building systems, monitoring tools and processes, re-writing open-source-based infrastructure to IaC, and scaling systems underneath the casino platform. Built and enhanced the monitoring and graphing tooling, wrote automation and testing protocols.
- Identified performance bottlenecks, researched, and implemented tooling for scaling systems (log aggregation, service discovery, graphing, and trend analysis). Optimized VM provisioning for speed, security, agility, uptime, and re-usability.
- Planned and defined strategies to cater to the requirements of Agile development teams and workflows, revolving around a continuously growing and expanding iGaming product suite. Planned projects from a technical and budgeting perspective.
- Performed SRE duties, responded to incidents and technical service requests, assisted developers, evangelized best practices, paired up on projects, and building and demoing solutions. Translated technical documents to English.
- Recruited and grew the operations team. Helped the bootstrapping of a security team. Pushed and assisted in reducing technical debt. Mentored and assisted where needed. Led the way towards a Git-based change management process.
- Consulted and assisted in the decisions and architecture for distributed office networks, database migrations, monitoring systems, log aggregation and correlation, security tooling, compliance, domain management, and deployment strategies.
- Assisted in the building of a new casino game provider platform entirely in AWS, within regulatory requirements, as well as supporting tooling, with a focus on agility, provisioning, security, and monitoring.
- Re-visited, owned, and migrated and tuned a development, delivery, and integration tooling stack composed of Jenkins, ECR, Nexus, Docker, ECS, EC2, Packer, and CloudFormation.
Network and IT Security Engineer2007 - 2014Computime, Ltd.
Technologies: Juniper, Cisco, CheckPoint, Websense, VMWare
- Worked within the networks and IT security teams while at university. Grew to the level of senior engineer, and became a reference point for peers and superiors alike, regarding architecture, pre-sales, and initiating and maintaining customer relationships.
- Established as the primary contact for large customers and projects.
- Worked and specialized in enterprise and data center networks, working on switches, routers, firewalls, security products.
- Consulted with various clients, industries and sizes, performing audits and network overhaul projects, data center network setups, network perimeter re-design, and device and version upgrades.