Site Reliability Engineer2021 - PRESENTTriller
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EKS, Kubernetes, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Terragrunt, Helm, Prometheus, Amazon EC2, Nexus
- Defined and built centralized gitlab CI pipeline libraries, structuring and centralizing commonly used jobs across a group of similar deployments and cronjobs based on kubernetes. Centralized definitions for build and deploy using kaniko and Helm.
- Created multiple pipeline library functions for microservices development and testing, including Dockerfile linting, container vulnerability testing, Python module packaging, release automation, and definition of Prometheus alerts.
- Defined, built, and tested standardized infrastructure as code pipeline libraries based on Terraform modules and Terragrunt to build atomic, multi-AWS account architecture using GitLab CI/CD and IaC best practices.
- Provisioned, migrated, and upgraded multiple EKS clusters, using Terraform modules, Terragrunt, and GitLab across a multi-account AWS setup.
- Composed, defined, and tuned the tooling and infrastructure for load-testing using Locust, Helm, and Kubernetes for performance testing platform APIs.
- Assisted developers during day-to-day operations, providing guidance and knowledge in the areas of GitLab pipeline development and testing and delivery and testing to EKS.
- Deployed open source monitoring tooling to help identify and highlight recurring issues using the developer toolkit, including Nexus, Sentry, and Docker Hub.
Senior System Engineer2014 - 2021Casumo Services, Ltd.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Graphite, Grafana, Docker, Ansible, SaltStack, Storage, HP Servers, VMware
- Architected, tuned, monitored, and maintained an on-premise IT infrastructure, building systems, monitoring tools and processes, re-writing open-source-based infrastructure to IaC, and scaling systems underneath the casino platform.
- Identified performance bottlenecks, researched, and implemented tooling for scaling systems (log aggregation, service discovery, graphing, and trend analysis). Optimized VM provisioning for speed, security, agility, uptime, and re-usability.
- Planned and defined strategies to cater to the requirements of Agile development teams and workflows, revolving around a continuously growing and expanding iGaming product suite. Planned projects from a technical and budgeting perspective.
- Performed SRE duties, responded to incidents and technical service requests, assisted developers, evangelized best practices, and paired up on projects and building and demoing solutions. Translated technical documents to English.
- Recruited and grew the operations team. Helped the bootstrapping of a security team. Pushed and assisted in reducing technical debt. Mentored and assisted where needed. Led the way towards a Git-based change management process.
- Consulted and assisted in the decisions and architecture for distributed office networks, database migrations, monitoring systems, log aggregation and correlation, security tooling, compliance, domain management, and deployment strategies.
- Assisted in building a new casino game provider platform entirely in AWS within regulatory requirements and supported tooling with a focus on agility, provisioning, security, and monitoring.
- Re-visited, owned, migrated, and tuned a development, delivery, and integration tooling stack composed of ECR, Nexus, Docker, ECS, EC2, Packer, and CloudFormation.
- Architected, designed, kicked off, and maintained a developer CI/CD toolkit focused on governance, standardization, and best practices using just-in-time provisioned EC2 instances for distributed teams and workloads, using Jenkins and EC2.
Network and IT Security Engineer2007 - 2014Computime, Ltd.
Technologies: VMware, Websense, Checkpoints, Cisco, Juniper
- Worked within the networks and IT security teams while at university. Grew to the level of senior engineer, and became a reference point for peers and superiors alike, regarding architecture, pre-sales, and initiating and maintaining customer relationships.
- Established as the primary contact for large customers and projects.
- Worked and specialized in enterprise and data center networks, working on switches, routers, firewalls, security products.
- Consulted with various clients, industries and sizes, performing audits and network overhaul projects, data center network setups, network perimeter re-design, and device and version upgrades.