Roboticist (Contract)2018 - PRESENTPickNik, LLC
Technologies: C#, SolidWorks, Linux, Windows, Python, C++, Robot Operating Systems (ROS)
- Developed open-source tools for robotics and robot-like technology companies.
PhD Student2011 - 2018Brown University
Technologies: Python, C++, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Developed a deep learning language translation model to improve the machine translation of natural language sentences for trigger-action programs.
- Wrote an algorithm to improve item-location predictions for a robot assigned with the task of organizing a household.
- Built an experimental test-bed for evaluating human-human and human-machine interactions in complex multi-agent games.
Software Research Intern2014 - 2014iRobot, Inc.
Technologies: C++, Python, PrimeSense, Ava 500 Robot
- Created a solution for a common sensor issue facing autonomous driving robots. The contribution helped eliminate the inclusion of other costly and problematic sensors.
- Developed autonomous behavior to enable telepresence robots to navigate conference rooms and select the most appropriate parking location.
Software Engineer Intern2013 - 2013Bot & Dolly
Technologies: C#, Grasshopper, Rhino 5, Robot Operating System (ROS), Python
- Developed a tool to integrate a popular Grasshopper-based plug-in for the 3D CAD program Rhino 5 to enable architects and designers to manufacture items with industrial robot arms.
Software Engineer Intern2012 - 2013Open Robotics
Technologies: C++, Python, C#, Robot Operating System (ROS), Ubuntu, Windows
- Researched and built Robust, a markup language and continuous integration framework for robot testing in ROS to facilitate proof-by-reproducibility in research.
Software Engineer Intern2012 - 2012Willow Garage
Technologies: C#, SolidWorks, SolidWorks API, Windows, .NET, Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Developed a SolidWorks add-in to export a complex robot design to a ROS-compatible Unified Robot Description Format (URDF) file.
Project Engineer2008 - 2010eSolar, Inc.
Technologies: SolidWorks, PLC
- Developed a heliostat cleaning system to clean 12,000 mirrors nightly with only two operators.
- Designed, built, and tested a semiautonomous heliostat cleaning vehicle as a key feature of a system design to restore mirror cleanliness to 95% with minimal operator intervention.