Technical Director of Software Engineering2014 - 2016Clinical Support Service
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Puppet, AWS, Perl, AngularJS, PHP
- Ensured the day-to-day operations of the entire engineering team including systems and operational activities, development tasks, testing, code integration, and release activities.
- Instituted a formal quality assurance process as well as a support department.
- Developed a formal release and deployment process built around modern application deployment practices including scheduled releases and formalized change control and review policies.
- Led the modernization of the technology stack including a move towards a service oriented architecture as well as optimization activities leveraging Amazon AWS.
- Worked with the business and clinical leadership staff to ensure that the technology supported and propelled the business.
- Led the implementation and creation of a full job processing system to separate out batch processing and report generation from application usage activities.
- Aligned department and engineering goals with those of the business and implement formal intake and review processes to ensure engineering could meet the needs of the business.
Manager of Engineering2011 - 2014Synacor
- Ensured that the day-to-day operations of the development team including development tasks, testing, code integration, and release activities.
- Handled and was responsible for the overall tool direction and architecture.
- Maintained the intake stream for both internal and external client requests.
- Worked with development teams on the general tooling strategy to meet varying application needs.
- Implemented a full continuous integration runway for both the front-end and back-end infrastructures.
- Built and maintained a variety of RESTful web services to support front-end tools.
- Implemented a tool development framework to provide a consistent, modular, and scalable tools development approach.
- Worked with VPs and SVPs to ensure tools direction aligned with overall company goals.
- Ensured and maintained consistent deployment of all the tools and supporting web services.
Lead Engineer2007 - 2011Synacor
- Built a highly functional CMS to support all the day-to-day activities of managing a high traffic web site including content, image, component, and page management.
- Handled and was personally responsible for coding, code delivery, code quality, and application architecture.