Verified Expert in Engineering
AWS Certified Developer Developer
Stephen is a technologist, architect, and dedicated full-stack software developer. He has over 10 years of web software development experience specializing in taking PHP and LAMP based applications from the idea stages to full scale, high traffic ready, deployment-ready, and maintainable professional web apps. His ability to work anywhere within the stack and his experience with cloud and DevOps practices makes him a good fit with any team.
The most amazing...
...thing I have ever worked on was the development of a full-scale parallel processing job system.
Technical Director of Software Engineering
Clinical Support Service
- Ensured the day-to-day operations of the entire engineering team including systems and operational activities, development tasks, testing, code integration, and release activities.
- Instituted a formal quality assurance process as well as a support department.
- Developed a formal release and deployment process built around modern application deployment practices including scheduled releases and formalized change control and review policies.
- Led the modernization of the technology stack including a move towards a service oriented architecture as well as optimization activities leveraging Amazon AWS.
- Worked with the business and clinical leadership staff to ensure that the technology supported and propelled the business.
- Led the implementation and creation of a full job processing system to separate out batch processing and report generation from application usage activities.
- Aligned department and engineering goals with those of the business and implement formal intake and review processes to ensure engineering could meet the needs of the business.
Manager of Engineering
- Ensured that the day-to-day operations of the development team including development tasks, testing, code integration, and release activities.
- Handled and was responsible for the overall tool direction and architecture.
- Maintained the intake stream for both internal and external client requests.
- Worked with development teams on the general tooling strategy to meet varying application needs.
- Implemented a full continuous integration runway for both the front-end and back-end infrastructures.
- Built and maintained a variety of RESTful web services to support front-end tools.
- Implemented a tool development framework to provide a consistent, modular, and scalable tools development approach.
- Worked with VPs and SVPs to ensure tools direction aligned with overall company goals.
- Ensured and maintained consistent deployment of all the tools and supporting web services.
- Built a highly functional CMS to support all the day-to-day activities of managing a high traffic web site including content, image, component, and page management.
- Handled and was personally responsible for coding, code delivery, code quality, and application architecture.
SPA Example - Expense
Continuous Integration (CI), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Continuous Deployment, DevOps, REST, ETL
MySQL, Cassandra, Riak
AngularJS, Slim, Ext JS
Jenkins, Apache, Puppet, Shell, SaltStack, Nagios
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, LAMP
AWS Certified Developer
Master's Degree in Computer Science
University at Albany, SUNY - Albany, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics
Niagara University - Niagara Falls, NY, USA