Artificial Intelligence ETL Engineer, Lead Systems Architect, and Developer2020 - 2020NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Leadership, SQL Server 2017, Azure Data Factory, ETL, Data Architecture, SQL Server DBA, SQL Developer, System Migration, Upgrades, Optimization, Stored Procedure, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI)
- Created an artificial intelligence-based analytical pharma sales data processing ETL and BI platform, upgrading and migrating existing SSIS BI systems into Azure via Data Factory, Azure SQL DB, SQL Server 2017, and a C#.NET framework.
- Collaborated directly with the CEO and CIO to design and develop an intelligent real-time pharma sales analyzer via automated ingest and processing of big data marketing flat-file stores into BI tier intelligent reporting applets GUI portals.
- Led the full-stack original applications generation' design concept and architectural definitions phases, as well as systems development and deployment including mentoring university graduate trainees and cross-departmental team members coordination.
- Migrated and upgraded existing partial ingest systems built with SSIS and SQL Server 2014 into new architectures with Azure, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL DB, SQL Server 2017, and the C#.NET framework.
- Created an SQL artificial intelligence via a coding system that automatically analyzes flat file structures and seamlessly writes SQL coding to clean and transform big data into final BI systems layers using integrations of Data Factory and SQL.
- Released an original platform ahead of schedule and under budget providing a pipeline-based suite of self-aware SQL architectures automatically processing millions of records of GB files blobs through efficient scalable few-minutes time durations.
Publications and PaaS/SaaS Consultant, Creative Designer, and Technical Writer2020 - 2020NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Publishing, Writing & Editing, Systems Analysis, Insurance, code analysis, Testing Analyses, Collaborative Design, Graphic Design, Consultation, Legal, Compliance, Creative Concept Development
- Created brand new customer-facing PaaS/SaaS IT publications genre and protocols and styluses guides. Wrote original PaaS/SaaS sales/technical manuals/brochures for multinational corporate insurance reseller IT platforms/applications product launches.
- Collaborated directly with the CIO and executive/middle management to define a set of original creative publication genre concepts, designs, and procedurals relating to innovative insurance industry PaaS/SaaS platforms/applications rollouts.
- Analyzed technical and logical aspects of, and literarily defined, ground-breaking multinational insurance reseller IT collaboration applications suites including cross-borders international insurance platforms and underwriting/communications tools.
- Defined original publications design concepts and graphics/style guides, as well as publications protocols and methodologies including the creation of an original IT documentation genre combining PaaS/SaaS proprietary sales and technical elements.
- Wrote sales and technical manuals and brochures, combining IT products' profiles, and marketing purposes and styles, as well as inter-/intra-national legal/compliance.
- Created an original genre of proprietary PaaS/SaaS marketing and technical brochure publications, successfully branded and released client-facing sales and technical documentation, instituted internal procedures and protocols for technical writing.
Systems and SQL Security Consultant2020 - 2020NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: SQL Server DBA, SQL Server 2017, SQL, Stored Procedures, Security Design, Analytics, Security Testing, Role-based Access Control (RBAC), Optimization, Reporting, Leadership, Operational Streamlining, Security Analysis
- Consulted and led full-stack SQL Server/C# security analyses, optimization, and development endeavors relating to enhancements for existing financial data systems architectures.
- Collaborated directly with the CIO and executive management to analyze and improve security concerns relating to financial services clienteles logins and system access protocols and architectures.
- Designed and led the development of automated login accounts and systems access controls scripting, reporting, and real-time auditing.
- Optimized SQL and back-end tiers including stored procedure redesigns and enhancements, as well as ongoing SQL Server DBA consultation and instruction.
- Architected and completed enhancements to full-stack integrations including .NET framework automation together with SQL APIs real-time security and login accounts reporting, auditing, and alerts modules.
- Eliminated security breaches and login accounts discrepancies allowing for daily ongoing real-time automated login account protocols standardizations and efficacies, including intelligent reporting and analyses.
Lead Systems Architect | Developer2019 - 2019NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Leadership, SQL Server DBA, SQL Server 2017, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Access, APIs, SQL Stored Procedures, Data Engineering, Optimization, SQL, Project Management, Enterprise Design, GUI Design
- Led the development, redesigns, and optimizations for existing ERP integrated SQL Server and MS Access full-stack applications suites for multinational food suppliers conglomerates.
- Collaborated directly with the CEO, CIO, and executive management to analyze and overhaul existing elements of the systems and to introduce new modules as per business development phases.
- Added significant new modules to accommodate European regional expansions including currency analyzers, transport enhancements, and remote management suites.
- Optimized and enhanced existing portions of the applications including stored procedures re-engineering, design flow pipelines, and GUI reductions simplifications.
- Consulted with industry corporate partners and introduced streamlined architectural redesigns so as to properly integrate cross-platform APIs relating to shipping and receiving endeavors.
- Optimized system and SQL errors, wait times and downtimes, and reduced business procedurals overheads including sales orders through delivery schedules, performance costs, and durations improvements.
Lead VBA/Office Solutions Architect and Developer2019 - 2019NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Data Visualization, XML, JSON, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft 365, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
- Led the architecture and development for an original MS Office/VBA/JSON solutions framework of one-click fully automated application for Excel sheets/tables/charts, data visualizations, and matching PowerPoint presentations generation.
- Collaborated directly with the CEO of an HR business consulting firm to design/develop executive- and board-review data visualization materials of customized per-organization HR statistical analyses.
- Defined a JSON data store architecture and designed/developed corresponding VBA data ingestion/parsing modules.
- Automated actions with VBA for advanced/tailored Excel sheets/tables/charts data visualization generation per detailed formatting specifications stored in JSON source format including array/non-array relative/offset formulas, and pivot tables/charts.
- Created VBA automations for Excel sheets/charts/tables data visualizations' translation into matching PowerPoint presentations, including master-slides/templates/custom-layouts, smart-arts/shapes, images/boxes, charts/tables, range-copies, and more.
- Completed the final solution within the beta-phase projected time allotment, error-free and requiring no follow-up debugging/enhancement, and including features and specifications above and beyond original project requirements and parameters.
Project Manager | Lead Data Architect and Developer | BI Engineer2018 - 2019NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: CSS, XML, JSON, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), C#, T-SQL, SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Power BI, Dundas BI, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Access, HTML, .NET, Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure, Windows Server
- Managed projects and led full-stack architecture/development for online multinational waste management data and BI analytics portals.
- Collaborated directly with the CIO/CEO to upgrade and enhance legacy Dundas/SSIS waste data reporting/analytics systems to customized user row-level access and individualized real-time consumer BI dashboards/analytics report design/development/usage.
- Integrated application tiers and modules, including multi-data-source points ingestion/transformation, an automated SQL-tier data archival/retrieval framework, and the web app data-ingestion framework.
- Designed and developed new in-house administration and performance tracking/analysis modules.
- Designed and developed standalone distributable MS Access/VBA mid-tier and front-end applets.
- Completed each phase on schedule in coordination with marketing/business development plans, successfully onboarding several hundred percent in new users per newer features capability, seamless upgrade/enhancement rollouts, error-free performances.
Lead Data Architect and Developer | BI Engineer2018 - 2019NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: HTML, XML, JSON, C#, T-SQL, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Machine Learning, Kubernetes, .NET, SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure, Windows Server
- Led data systems architecture and development for the infancy-through-production-release lifecycle of an original European regional multinational online automated B2B/B2C lending decision platform portals suite.
- Collaborated directly with the CIO/CRO and upper management to design, develop, and implement integrated data tiers/mid-tiers/BI-tiers for a machine learning-based lending decision engine for an online lending portal wholesaling/retailing/reselling.
- Developed multi-data-source point ingestion/transformation/consolidation of financial corporate and consumer data, including in-house and third-party FTP flat-file, Azure BLOB, and remote SQL Server/Oracle.
- Developed and integrated BI modules, including statistics/metrics/analytics data funding for reporting systems tiers.
- Developed data tier self-monitoring/self-validation modules, including stored procedures and Azure/.NET C# real-time data processing self-check validations/reports/alerts for ongoing ETL/BI/SQL op's processes.
- Completed/implemented each phase of the design/development ahead of schedule, allowing for the inclusion of significant expansions above/beyond originally intended data tier module features.
Senior SQL DBA, SQL Developer, Optimization Consultant2016 - 2017NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Visual Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, Erwin, VBScript, T-SQL, SQL, Windows Server 2012, AWS
- Provided consultation support for optimization, administration, and development code for large mission-critical production SQL servers that were experiencing serious performance and stability issues running high-transaction OLTP commodities portals.
- Collaborated directly with the CEO and upper management as a team lead for twelve-month intensive BE/BI optimization/enhancement and administration projects.
- Led DB/BI administration, including comprehensive optimizations and implementations of standardized procedures for efficient performance/administration.
- Consulted and trained for applications and BI development teams to improve SQL/BI coding techniques and architecture.
- Provided administration/coding support for implementations of large/complex data modules as per rollouts of substantial new web applications platforms.
- Helped bring the system from a weekly service and DB crashes/downtime, ~50k+ timeouts and ~12k+ deadlocks daily. Within the first two weeks, saw 100% uptime through the year’s end, and reduced timeouts to 0-15 daily and deadlocks to 0-5.
- Completed all planned projects four months ahead of schedule, allowing the completion of three additional enhancement projects within the twelve-month contract term.
Senior Desktop Solutions Engineer, Web-based Upgrade Consultant, Senior SQL DBA2015 - 2016NDA Client (via Toptal)
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), T-SQL, SQL, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Access, Visual Studio 2012, Windows Server 2012
- Handled optimizations, enhancements, and additional module development for an international eCommerce ordering, invoicing, and inventory/shipping management applications suite that was experiencing serious performance issues.
- Consulted on code refactoring for upgrades from MS Access VBA to ASP.NET.
- Led the development of enhancements and optimizations for SP, API, GUI and reports operations which had serious issues with response times/crashing.
- Developed and implemented substantial new full-stack modules, including comprehensive RMA (returned merchandise authorization) invoicing modules.
- Consulted and provided coding support to refactor the existing Access VBA and SQL Server coding modules for a seamless upgrade to ASP.NET architectures.
- Led DBA, including optimizations and implementations of standardized procedures and protocols for efficient performance/administration.
- Eliminated all crashing and reduced response times for SP, API, GUI, and reports operations from 30-90+ seconds to 0-3 seconds per call/operation.
- Completed all planned projects ahead of schedule and under budget, allowing the completion of several standby projects and optimizations.
Senior Data/Desktop Solutions Engineer and Consultant, Senior DBA, Lead QA Engineer/IT Documenter2011 - 2015Freelance
- Completed short- to long-term contracts for consultation and analysis, design, development, optimization, enhancement, validation, and administration of original and legacy data, desktop, and BI solutions.
- Architected, designed, developed, deployed, validated, optimized, upgraded, and provided administration for original and legacy solutions.
- Architected SQL databases, provided reports and BI solutions, performed QA, and wrote and edited IT documentation.
- Consistently maintained a five-out-of-five star rating with online workspaces throughout my tenure.
Partner in Charge of Data and Desktop Engineering2002 - 2010Startup IT Consulting Firm
- Completed a variety of short- to long-term on-site contracts for consultation, analysis, design, development, optimization, enhancement, validation, and administration of original and legacy data, desktop, and BI solutions.
- Generated contracts, handled initial consultations, led teams and projects, and implemented business analysis and development lifecycle processes.
- Architected, designed, developed, deployed, validated, optimized, upgraded, and provided administration for original and legacy solutions.
- Architected SQL databases, engineered reports and BI solutions, performed QA, wrote and edited IT documentation, and presented or spoke at IT conferences and seminars.
- Remained consistently ahead of schedule and within/under budget, garnering excellent clientele reviews and frequent repeat/referral contracts.
Lead Systems Architect and Developer2000 - 2002Reed Group, Ltd.
- Led solutions architecture, design, development, deployment, enhancement, and administration of official US government-sanctioned MDACM (Medical Disability Advisor—Case Manager) software applications suites.
- Optimized, enhanced, refactored, and upgraded existing modules, including .NET upgrades.
- Led DB architecture for in-house/clientele data systems.
- Oversaw the full life cycle of new and original modules, from leading the development team and managing projects to supervising the QA team and IT documentation team.
- Built reports and BI, including executive/head office reports and dashboards, desktop (GUI/full-stack), data mining/warehousing, and business analytics.
- Liaised with clientele, including Ford, Aetna, and AIG, among others, speaking at national conferences/seminars, and providing on-site/remote customizations and support.
- Doubled the solutions clientele during my tenure for substantial optimizations/enhancements and new features/functionality rollouts. Annual software and services sales and revenue grew ~65%, and customer satisfaction indexes increased by 45%.
Partner in Charge of Data and Desktop Engineering1998 - 2000Startup IT Consulting Firm
- Completed a variety of short- to long-term contracts for consultation and analysis, design, development, optimization, enhancement, validation, and administration of original and legacy data/desktop solutions.
- Generated contracts and attended initial consultations, led the team and managed projects, provided business analysis, and implemented the development life cycle.
- Architected original and legacy solutions and designed, developed, deployed, validated, optimized, upgraded, and provided administration for them.
- Architected SQL databases, designed and optimized reports, provided QA services, and wrote and edited IT documentation.
- Consistently ran ahead of schedule and within/under budget, generating excellent clientele reviews and frequent repeat/referral contracts.
Lead Developer and DBA1997 - 1998Metropolitan State College of Denver
Technologies: Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VBScript, T-SQL, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Access
- Led the original executive accounting and BI RDBMS solution consultation, architecture, design, development, deployment, validation, and administration to automatically archive departmental college expenditures and analyze periodic repetitive costs.
- Collaborated directly with the executive management, lead developer, and DBA (two subordinates) to provide business analyses and implement the development life cycle.
- Architected, designed, developed, tested, deployed, provided ongoing enhancement, administration, and QA, and validated full-stack solutions.
- Generated BI reports and dashboards, DBA for existing/new DBs, interfaces/transformations for the existing SQL Server, Oracle, and spreadsheet, and IT documentation.
- Directly eliminated tens of thousands of dollars per year in operating and software licensing costs, and hundreds of labor hours (particularly in management bloat) per year.
- Increased departmental efficiencies by 35%; institution-wide annual revenues increased 28% compared with previous yearly trends.