Verified Expert in Engineering
Stephen is a senior full-stack engineer with over ten years of experience. He has five years at Meta, working on mobile video products, including Facebook, Instagram Live, and Oculus TV, and one year as a lead. He also has ten years of iOS and mobile-first development. He was a service Army Intel Analyst with a Secret Security Clearance as of 2022. He was a previous CTO and cofounder of multiple startups. He has a bachelor's in Computer Science from the University of Missouri, Columbia.
The most amazing...
...app I've worked on was used multiple hours every day by my state's Attorney General to remember each person he met while campaigning over multiple elections.
- Supported a live video streaming iOS platform.
- Created a web live streaming library.
- Built a native iOS application used by a state attorney general to track and manage every contact he met during his time in office.
- Created a sync algorithm to keep over five thousand contacts with custom meta data all up to date across multiple devices.
- Created two native iOS games for iPhone, iPad, and AppleTV using SpriteKit.
- Created a native iOS application for private airline companies to track flights and manage expenses incurred during trips.
- Interacted with a RESTful API to provide data to the iOS application.
- Uploaded image data from phone to API for storing receipts.
Chief Technology Officer
- Built a native iOS application providing users with detailed and up-to-date information about events happening in their city.
- Integrated Stripe payments into the venue facing website and automated monthly payments.
- Automated the process of adding new venues and new cities, reducing the amount of time to do so from one week to around 2 hours.
- Created a custom push notification service to allow sending event and venue advertisements to users, and to allow notifications for social media features.
- Implemented a cache using Redis to reduce load time on the servers when fetching event information through the API.
- Built a RESTful API for the iOS and Android applications to interact with the Nightlife data.
- Created a native iOS application to allow users in Lake of the Ozarks, MO to locate homes for sale that fit their needs.
- Built a Node.js service to interact with the MLS database and provide information to our RESTful API.
- Maintained the iOS app for consumers to purchase CARFAX Reports.
- Maintained and built new features for the website to allow consumers to purchase CARFAX Reports.
- Maintained the code that generated the CARFAX Reports.
UIKit, AFNetworking, Django, Core Data, React Native
Node.js, Core Animation, React
Apple Push Notifications, Postman, Photoshop CC, Xcode, Sublime Text, Flow
Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD)
iOS, Apple, MacOS, tvOS
MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Full-stack, APIs, System Architecture, User Interface (UI)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Missouri - Columbia - Missouri