Solution Architect (via Toptal)2019 - PRESENTUS based Marketing Company
Technologies: Authorize.Net, Python, Docker, AngularJS, Node.js, AWS
- Delivered technology and architecture artifacts as part of the Toptal projects team during the Lighting Phase.
- Designed architecture, deployments, and for every aspect of the application in the mindset of Agile and CI/CD.
- Compiled architectural guidelines and deployment procedures.
- Completed scalable and cost-effective infrastructure on AWS.
- Accomplished multi-layered security integrated with both cloud and application components.
- Integrated Authorize.NET as the payment gateway for SAAS vertical.
- Led the development and supported the product stakeholders in raising data platform to full breed CRM.
- Vocalized best architecture practices and influenced product decisions - kept the value of deliverables by maintaining the overall system extensibility.
- Modeled time-series projections for performance data leveraging Python ML libraries.
Architect (via Toptal)2019 - 2019Imagined Futures
Technologies: Kafka Streams, Apache Spark, Docker, PostgreSQL, Python, Java, Spring Boot, Apache Kafka
- Delivered the reference architecture and high-level diagrams or the product.
- Defined solution context, component view, and component communication.
- Specified the proof of concept and phased it into deliverables that bring business value.
- Conceptualized design principles and technology choices for the use-cases given and future stages of the product.
- Vocalized different approaches to data processing, both through DAG and Kafka topic sequencing.
Software Architect2017 - 2019EZPC
Technologies: CSS, AngularJS, Docker, Symfony, PHP, MySQL
- Managed team of freelancers in order to continuously integrate and develop new features for the client.
- Conceptualized a new platform architecture, going away from monolith application to micro-service based architecture.
- Wrote POCs in order to adopt and evaluate new technology stack.
- Contributed as part of both the steering and working groups to make sure that the business side is aware of progress and to facilitate the process of functional requirements understanding.
- Led the development and advised software engineers with best practices.
- Investigated all the performance bottlenecks, agreed on SLAs with C level executives, and helped the implementation of resolutions.
- Worked with UI/UX designers in order to provide pixel-perfect design, great user experience matching the client's idea.
Solution Architect/Team Lead2017 - 2019Empire Sports And Entertainment
Technologies: Java 8, MySQL, Hadoop, Big Data, Python, R, Machine Learning
- Designed live data-warehousing solution, integrating several sources including APIs and DBs.
- Supported data pipeline development using Hadoop with both HDFS and AWS S3 for data lake, using R models for initial data analyses.
- Delivered MySQL based data-warehouse using Kimball snow-flake schema.
- Completed Spark/Hive/HBase integrations.
- Designed the Hadoop cluster with 10+ nodes in the autoscaling group on AWS.
AWS Engineer2018 - 2018BroHedge
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Docker, Python, AWS
- Set up the architecture for high volume near real-time cryptocurrency data collection over exchange APIs.
- Worked on delivering reusable scalable infrastructure and data persisting strategy with AWS S3 and RDS Postgres (Aurora).
- Delivered POC plan and structure.
- Collaborated with stakeholders in order to define next steps and review current work.
- Implemented performance monitoring and alerts over ELK.
- Contributed with cryptocurrency API call limitation strategy to avoid IP locking.
Solution Architect2016 - 2018Ticketmaster
Technologies: Tableau, Java 8, Hadoop, AWS EMR, Redshift, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, AWS
- Headed two projects using: Java for backend services, React.JS / Angular.JS for front-end, Tableau / Microstrategy as BI tools, container based architecture (Docker), AWS Instance as a code (Terraform), AWS Redshift for DWH, Apache Storm for ETLing.
- Evangelized the architectural vision, making engineering groups feel part of the whole picture and able to relate their work to our long-term strategic goals.
- Collaborated with Engineering to ensure that changes implemented into the system are completed in a strategic manner, and fit the longer term technical vision for the project.
- Developed Performance testing plans and strategies alongside with product managers, defining stress, capacity and performance testing acceptance criteria.
- Developed a vision for the architecture of our reporting product to ensure it could meet current and future business needs in the most economical and efficient way possible.
- Collaborated with the development team to build and maintain design artifacts.
- Analysed Splunk and ELK data to understand workload distribution for better code optimization prioritisation in compliance with or performance SLAs and goals.
- Designed test execution plans, supported development of custom performance and capacity testing frameworks and usage of 3rd party tools.
- Achieved high availability over the systems.
- Supported logging and health-check internal library development and strategies.
- Worked closely with the development team in proposing and driving POCs, investigating tasks and actively participating in their resolution. Ensure that the developers are able to realize the architecture and vision of the solution in line with the reference architecture.
- Ensured business requirements accurately translated into the technical vision.
BI & Data Analyst2015 - 2016Hyperoptic
Technologies: Hadoop, MySQL, Pentaho, Vertica, Tableau
- Established BI universe in company.
- Rolled out first BI phase using Tableau as BI tool, HP Vertica as DWH, Pentaho Kettle as ETL tool on AWS.
- Designed data pipelines and data-warehouse architecture.
- Created a complete data model to support multi-tenant OLAP database.
- Coordinated with business SME in order to deliver end-to-end solution.
- Used Hadoop for Data Lake and reporting source for sensor metrics KPIs and monitoring.
BI/DWH Developer2013 - 2015Core Distribution
Technologies: Vertica, Pentaho
- Rolled out complete BI solution based on Pentaho BI Stack (EE), and HP Vertica as DWH.
- Created 30+ custom dashboards, manual mapping documents, and delivered performant 20+ TB data-warehouse on HP Vertica.
- Led end-to-end project implementation.
- Troubleshot and optimized SQL performance.
Database Developer2013 - 2013Rorotec
Technologies: InfiniDB, MySQL
- Created Live DWH from MySQL database to InfiniDB engine (columnar storage) using Flex-Views and triggers.
- Built a high-availability solution for operational reporting used by 200+ concurrent users, over 15,000 users per day, and over 40,000 executions per day.
- Configured and optimized MySQL cluster.
- Implemented partitioning and indexing strategy for optimal read/write operations.
- Developed archiving of data.
BI/DWH Developer2011 - 2013Fruterra
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, Microsoft
- Rolled out BI solution based on Microsoft SharePoint, SQL Server, using stored procedures for ETLing.
- Enhanced reporting speed with optimization techniques.
- Implemented performance and event monitoring of our edge services (typically .NET on IIS), WMI monitoring of Servers and Equipment (hardware and OS), as well as deep monitoring of SQL Services across our MS-SQL Federation.
- Built core data-oriented functionality shared across many areas of our business exists in SQL Server as an ecosystem of stored procedures and jobs which perform as a service-oriented platform.
- Worked on automated scrubbing, normalization and quality control - and is based in a module-oriented ingestion architecture.